Author Topic: Hello all from RosiesMum  (Read 3338 times)

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
Re: Hello all from RosiesMum
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2007, 18:27:34 PM »
awwww bless her
i hope everything goes ok at the vets this week ill be thinking of u both
keep us updated wont u hun  :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2007, 18:25:30 PM »
Will do Lisa, she has become very cuddly and affectionate which is not like her at all!

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 18:22:53 PM »
awwww give rosie a huge hug n kiss from me  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2007, 18:17:28 PM »
Hi Mark

Yes she is gradually getting better, we can't keep her 'cornered' in a section of the front room anymore. I woke up this morning to find her sitting outside my bedroom door! She had managed to climb up the back of the sofa - thankfully no further damage done. I have let her roam (on very shaky legs) in the front room today.

She goes back to the Vet tomorrow, at the moment he is seeing her twice a week.

We can't pick her up because of all the stitches as she also has them under her front paws, but I'm hoping he will take those out this week. She is also due back in for her 2nd Op to trim the dead tissue and close the 2inch hole in her stomach (this is from the infection that broke the tissue down, so opened the wound again).

Thanks for asking, so I guess the short answer is yes, she is improving, but slowly!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 18:08:38 PM »
Any news on Rosie - is she getting any better?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 20:00:44 PM »
Hi Denise,

Glad you made it on here. I was glad to hear Rosie is purring again. Your neighbour is a :censored:! >:(

I think the dog OWNER should be destroyed.

Anyway, the main thing is getting Rosie better.

Mark
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 17:15:15 PM »
Good luck with the interview denise   :)

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 17:07:21 PM »
Hi Lisa

Yes, I am on IS, but have an interview tomorrow am, so I am hoping I get it! I looked into the RSPCA doing the work and the nearest one to me is aboyt 15miles away, I don't have a car and the cab fare would be around £20 each way.

My Sister has 2 SharPei's and they are fantastic with Rosie, however I'm not sure how she would feel about them coming over again!

Will call the Dog Warden again tomorrow and see what they are going to do.

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 17:01:56 PM »
Hi rosies mum , wouldnt the pdsa help with her treatment if u r on a low income?

imo i think the dogs should be destroyed

im a dog lover and a dog owner i have a massive german shepherd got him from the rspca when he was 18mths old he is nearly 7 now
i love him more than anything BUT if he EVER done to a cat what those dogs done to ur rosie then id put him to sleep it would break my heart but i couldnt live with a dog that done that to an innocent little cat  :Luv:

my dog is great with the cats and in the 3 yrs we have had cats he has never even once accidently hurt one of them while he has been charging around barking at the door etc ,

the dog that killed my cat is still living today
it breaks my heart she wasnt destroyed

her owner didnt even give a  :censored: about what his dog done
he shoved a 20 pound note through r door and written on the envelope was " heres money to get new kitten "

that hurt me more than anything ! ! !

if u dont hear from the dog warden then id give them another ring if i was u
as this idiot and his dogs should not get away with this scot free !

im so glad rosie seems a little brighter today  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 17:03:46 PM by forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa) »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 17:00:35 PM »
Hi Denise,

So glad you found us .... as you have already discovered we are a very friendly bunch and will be able to offer lots of advice, support etc.

Big hugs to Rosie

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 16:53:08 PM »
re the police saying it's a civil matter  :censored:  :censored:  One of my cats was attacked a few months ago....some  :censored: deliberately set his dogs on him, luckily my cat was alright.  I did contact the police, they told me the same old crap........I pointed out if it was a child, they would have to do something and if they didn't do something.......I would  :censored:  After a short conversation, they accepted that this guy was in the wrong and they would go round and have a word which they did.   If the dogs are capable of doing this to your cat, what would happen if they got out and did the same to a kid?  He obviously can't control them and if they are out, they should be muzzled or he should get them a home with a responsible owner.

re Finances........Are you on benifits at all?  If you are, there are organisations where help is available if you are non working or on a low income.

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 16:45:33 PM »
Thank you all for the warm welcome. It means alot.  :thanks:

Yes Rosie is home, she came home a couple of days after the attack mainly as I didn't want to run up more charges and they said I could manage her at home. She is on 4 different medications and tends to sleep most of the day. Her wounds on her tummy have become infected (which I have been told is quite common with dog bites?) and the surgical staples are coming undone.

I was told of the infection on Saturday by a Locum Vet (who was quite abrupt) who told me in no uncertain terms that the outlook for Rosie was pretty bleak! I waited until Monday and saw my regular vet who told me otherwise!!

He told me that the dead infected tissue would need to be trimmed and then he would stitch her back up again, I explained my financial situation with him and he was very kind and said he would do the Op for as little cost as possible. I have to take Rosie back tomorrow for a check up and to see if he can do the Op then.

Rosie in herself is looking alot brighter and has even started purring again, the first time since the accident!  :)

The problem with the HUGE bill is that it was the Emergency practice and they don't accept payments in installments! They are part of Active Vetcare. I did manage to pay half when I collected her (Thanks Sis!!) but still have the oustanding amount due!

I will find away and if they want the money they will have to accept a couple of installments.

I did notify the Police, they won't get involved as it is a civil matter, the same with the RSPCA!!! I called our Council Dog Warden who said they would pay them a visit, but not seen or heard anything as they said they would want to see me too.

I want to take the Dog's owners to the Small Claims Court, but neither of them work, so probably wouldn't get my money back, but I would do it just for the Judge to say' Mr ***** you were in the wrong, blah, blah, blah'.

Lisa, I am so sorry to hear about your kitten, it must have been awful, I don't think I could have coped if we had lost Rosie, luckily my Son was close by and saw it start and was able to alert me.

Thanks again all!

XXX

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 16:40:12 PM »
hi rosiesmum  :welcome: to purrs
im so sorry to hear about what those awful dogs done to ur little fur babe
in 1997 my 6mth old kitten was killed by a neighbours staffie x
because it happened in there garden and not mine nothing could be done about it ,i spoke to the police ,solicitor and rspca , but as ur rosie was attacked in a communal garden it will of course be a different story
surely the police or / dog warden will be able to at least make the owner muzzle them and keep them on a lead in the future
i really do hope and pray little rosie gets better real soon give her a huge  :hug: from me and my fur babes
take care
love Lisa
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 16:41:05 PM by forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa) »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 16:28:22 PM »
Hi Denise and welcome to Purrs  :hug:

I've only just read the gumtree thread..........poor Rosie and poor you  :hug:  I really hope she makes a full recovery and I admire you for your self control.......I probably would have grabbed the guy by his  :censored: and then some  :censored:  :censored:

Please keep us posted on Rosie, she looks adoreable bless her  :Luv:  :Luv:

Re the vet bill, is it possible to contact your local RSPCA to see if they would make a small contribution?  I know on occasion our local branch has helped with big bills if the owners are struggling, even if they've been working.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 16:18:00 PM »
Hi Denise and  :welcome: to Purrs.

Many of us read the Gumtree thread. To say that we were shocked and angered at this is mild.

I hope Rosie recovers well from this. Poor little mite.  And you seem to have a sensible approach to this which I am sure helps Rosie as she recovers.

We have a fab bunch of people on here, very friendly and always willing to offer an ear, hug and more when you need it.

:Luv: and  :hug: to you both.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 16:10:49 PM »
Hiya Denise and  :welcome:

I mailed you although i forgot to say you could find us here  :innocent:

Glad you have though.

How is rosie doing in herself though and what are the vets saying etc etc.  Have you got her home ?

It was terrible what happened and you were very gracious to not automatically blame the dogs and recognise the buffoon who is to blame.  I do hope you have reported the incident to the police though, i know you are neighbours but he needs to have a shake up !!!!

Hopefully if you have a nice vet who understands the terrible circumstances he may allow you to pay the bill in installments ??  Of course the dog owner should be held responsible but i dont see much chance of that happening unless you pursue him through the small claims court.

:hug: to rosie and i hope she recovers fully  :)

Offline rosiesmum

• Senior Cat
Hello all from RosiesMum
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 15:47:16 PM »
Hi to all and a BIG thankyou for the lovely people who have e-mailed me concerning my post I put on Gumtree.

My cat Rosie (13 months old) was attacked by 2 dogs in a back communal garden (dogs were let out unsupervised). I won't go into all the details but she was very badly injured. Unfortnately I was made Reundant just before Xmas and as I could not afford the premiums on her pet insurance, I cancelled it!! (Doh!) I have a HUGE vet bill and she needs another operation due to an infection.

I was pointed to this site by a lovely bunch of people and would like to say - Thank you!

RosiesMum (Denise) xx

I have posted a piccie of her in better days!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat