Author Topic: Thomas - coming back in after two years  (Read 5153 times)

Offline Peggy C

• Distinguished Cat
  • Oscar
  • Slave to: Oscar
Re: Thomas - coming back in after two years
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 12:52:15 PM »
What a sad story  I echo what everyone said  These people shpuld never be allowed to keep animals again   I hope this lovely boy finds the forever home he deserves 
I always thought that if your cats brings you a mouse he thinks it is his contribution to the houisehold  So I say "Thank You" before I either put in out if alive or in the bin if gead  Poor Thomas he was only doing wthat he thought was expected of him

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 12:42:51 PM »
Poor Thomas!!

I wonder if they'll get rid of their little boy if he starts wetting the bed or leaving dirty plates about the place.  >:(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 11:30:27 AM »
I would suggest the boy lad needs a bath and good brush and a nice quiet home away from these people  >:(
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 10:57:43 AM »
thats intersting - something to suggest with poeple with moody cats!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 10:23:24 AM »
Where does it mention "veggie?" I looked but couldn't see - if this is the case, they were doing the poor boy a massive disservice. Cats are carnivores through and through.

Sorry, my phraseology. "veggie" is anything in this house that Sam's not allowed because it has hih grain/cereal content. "Non-veggie" is the high protein stuff he needs to keep his temperament calm.  :doh:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 10:18:06 AM »
Where does it mention "veggie?" I looked but couldn't see - if this is the case, they were doing the poor boy a massive disservice. Cats are carnivores through and through.

As for a mouse finding it's way into a clothes drawer - unless Thomas has mastered opening the drawers it clearly got in there itself.....

Hope a home that deserves Thomas is found soon. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 09:54:34 AM »
Poor Thomas.

This is a family who shouldn't have pets of any kind. I even feel sorry for the kid, too. If they can't think their way round a perfectly normal cat how're they going to cope when the kid grows up with the inherited attitude that if something doesn't quite "fit" you get rid of it. He'll end up in a gang with respect only for the hardest hearted, nastiest individuals, looking for shortcuts and easy pickings all his life.

I'm crying inside, and boiling at the same time.  :(

I know Thomas will be safe with you, Angie, but it's such a shame he's been let down by these fair weather owners. As for hubby - I wonder if it is his idea to PTS, or hers, and she hasn't the backbone to admit it. Another example of shifting responsibility, perhaps.

Thankfully, Thomas is a looker, and once back under your care I'm sure he'll come back around to being a true sweetie again.

One idea springs to mind, you all know Sammy's history - he came to me at 8 years old from a very similar family - turned out his aggressive streak was an intolerance of cereal. I put him on no-grain and he almost instantly changed from a neurotic swiper into a cuddle bum and stays that way until he gets his nose in Tufty's prescription diet (Hills CD - grain eek).

Could it be that Thomas would benefit from a switch from "veggie" too?

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 11:24:50 AM »
How annoying! Why can't they shut the kids bedroom door if they are worried he'll take mice in there? Some people seem to think they are adopting some kind of living teddy bear. When I think of all the mishaps i've had with mice/rats and birds including a pigeon and a weasel that cats have bought in it makes me laugh. I find it pretty gross but it's obviously all part of living with cats. I've had a live rat loose snuggling up to my leg in the bed before, because one of my cats let it loose in the bedroom.     

Poor chap, hopefully he'll find a home that will appreciate him. 

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Thomas - coming back in after two years
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 08:21:47 AM »
I really wish folks would think about what kind of pet would suit them before adopting one. :) Sorry but cats catch mice and rats, it's well known that, in fact I do believe they used to be employed by humans to do that job!

So if you don't like the occasional mouse in your house ..... Umm best not adopt a cat! :)

He is gorgeous Hun and def better off back with you

Xx
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 08:23:29 AM by Tan »

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 08:12:47 AM »
 :( :( :( Poor Thomas. Here's hoping he finds a new, more understanding forever home very shortly.

He's certainly a looker  :Luv: :Luv:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 07:40:10 AM »
He may be a smelly mouse catcher but he sure is handsome  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

I agree that sadly the poor lad is better off back with Covcats for the time being and hopefully he will soon find a  new home that is more understanding and loving and will spoil him rotten.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 01:17:13 AM »
Couldn't have put it better Liz !

Stupid family aren't fit to have animals and glad he is being taken back by you.

Many a human should be put to sleep sooner than  the animals they have, uncaring  :censored:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 01:06:28 AM »
Can we put the husband to sleep, foster out the child and have words with the mother in a dark alley  :evillaugh:

At least he can come back to you and be safe from them

Some times a cat will ataack like that if there is a medical problem or in my ferals case beacuse they like to see me squirm :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline caledonia

• Hero Cat
  • RIP My beloved boys Bertie, Oscar & Edgar
  • Slave to: Nina & Rio
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011, 23:40:41 PM »
I Hope this handsome chap gets rehomed again soon!

Seems bizzare they have had him for nearly three years....and husband put him to sleep!! Surely not!!  :censored: :censored:

Oh and in my exp Cat urine smells nothing like plain old Urine - so not sure what she is suggesting but the handsome boy is best out of there!!
Love from Rachael & fur babies Nina & Rio

RIP Bertie 23/12/2007
RIP Oscar 31/08/2011
RIP Edgar 09/11/2011

Always loved, never forgotten

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011, 23:34:29 PM »
i think in this case you have to think of it as a positive hes coming back as hes obviously not happy where he is, our first kitty georgia..has a pee on duvet problem too and it is annoying but shes a cat :innocent:....i just have to keep reminding people to shut the doors. tbh its a case of people closing doors at nightwhere her tray is and leaving bedroom doors open instead so poor georgia probs goes where she thinks its ok :shy:
as to the mice..well thats just idiotic :Crazy:
and the cat attached to the neck....well that made me  :rofl:
poor lad will be glad to be out im sure :shy:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011, 23:24:25 PM »
This is just so sad and I put no blame at Thomas's door, its gotta be the humans.

Poor boy is just acting like a cat and hope he will get a nice Chrissy dinner from the auction money  :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011, 23:07:32 PM »
..... Thomas was attacking people the last time he jumped up and grabbed me round the face and neck   

IF (and I suspect it's a big fat IF) that is no exaggeration, why on earth would a cat behave that way? 

How old is the little angel boy and has he been taught how to respect animals?  :shify:  Sorry I know I shouldn't judge but our Millie and Ruby have had peeing issues on and off and bring home prey and the thought that I could ever part with either is truly shocking  :shocked:

The fact that Tom is being accused of hiding dead mice, when it seems far more likely that the mice are alive and hide themselves, suggests mom is not exactly on Tom's side  :innocent:

He's a real looker Angie and hope he can find a real forever home soon  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 23:04:02 PM »
Aww how sad :(
He is gorgeous :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011, 22:33:39 PM »
 :Luv:  Aww he's beautiful, there will be a lovely forever out there for him Angie, loads of luck for him  :Luv2: :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Thomas - coming back in after two years
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011, 22:25:28 PM »
 :'(

Thomas was homed in Feb 09.

We had a flurry of emails a few months ago that went quiet so we thought the problem had been resolved but this evening got this email

"Thank you for getting back to us so quickly, when I contacted by last time it was because Thomas was attacking people the last time he jumped up and grabbed me round the face and neck.  Fortunately that has not happened since then, unfortunately whenever Thomas lies on either our bed or our little boys or the sofa there is a smell of urine.  Added to this Tom has started to hide the dead mice he brings home in our little boys bedroom, behind chest of draws, under the bed, one even found its way into a clothes draw before it died !
I understand this is not a good time to need to rehome a cat but now the decision has been made we do not want to drag the process out any longer than necessary.
If you are unable to help could you let me know as soon as possible as I will have to look at other options !"

other options of course already include the husband will put to sleep.

so Thomas is coming back because he is wiffy and catches mice?  >:(

« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 22:26:18 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Link to CatChat