Author Topic: Trying out this new site  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Rhona

• Adult Cat
Re: Trying out this new site
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 12:44:43 PM »
OK - Thanks Tan.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 19:43:30 PM »
Hiya Rhona  :welcome: Great to have ya with us. ;D

There are a few restriction for a kitten member and when ya a full member ya get all the privaliges like pic comments etc.
To be a full member get posting and ya will be surprized how quick ya can become one ;)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 19:31:29 PM »
Hi Rhona - glad you made it.  This is a home from home 'til Cat Chat comes back and Tan's hard work has really made it fun to use.  I think Mr Tan has helped a bit too   ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 13:52:59 PM »
This is how I just did it...  Click on the actual photo you like, this makes the picture bigger, then it has 'Add comment' in the bottom left hand corner.  If that doesn't work then it's probably because you still have 'kitten' status, when you have posted some more posts you get upgraded to 'full member'.  The actual number is top secret as it's designed to stop nasty trolls.

Offline Rhona

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 13:41:34 PM »
Actually - I'm having fun looking around.  Tried to 'place my pin' on the map, but as my geography is lousy, I gave up  :-[.  One area I did struggle with was adding comments on the cat picture section.  I wanted to comment on a gorgeous wee kitten & couldn't figure out how to do it.  Any advice?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 12:24:13 PM »
 :welcome:

I would say that most of the cat chat goes on in General, a bit like CC.  Glad you made it over here!

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 11:38:47 AM »
Cooeee there  ;D welcome aboard!

One thing that bothers some people is that new replies to posts appear at the bottom of the thread rather than the top like they did at CatChat. If you want to change it so it's the other way round you need to go to your profile, go to Look and Layout Preferences, and put a tick in the ticky box by 'Show most recent posts at the top.'

Have a poke around, shout if you get stuck, there's lots of people worked out how to do it now so someone will be along to unstick you shortly. :)
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Rhona

• Adult Cat
Trying out this new site
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 11:33:53 AM »
Oh no - I only just tried to use the site for the 1st time - screwed up & lost my post, so have to start again :doh:

Anyway, I'm an ex CC'er & was totally gutted to find out the site had been suspended.  I had been away with work for a couple of weeks, logged in to catch up on what was happening in CC world & was soooo disappointed to find it more or less shut down  :(

Wasn't sure whether to try one of the other sites recommended in CC, but eventually decided to give this one a go.  Is it fairly easy to find your way around?  Anything I should be aware off - good features, problem areas etc.  Anyway, glad to see so many cc'ers in here  :hug:

Maddi & Mia are doing great by the way - I just love them to bits. 

Got to go for now.  Hope you all have a great weekend  ;D

Link to CatChat