Author Topic: Feed a Coventry Cat for Christmas  (Read 9724 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Feed a Coventry Cat for Christmas
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011, 18:21:40 PM »
TICKLES

Judith took a young female cat in today, due to go to the vets on Monday, and to a new adopters after the operation.

She was hosting a big party, and we have removed 40 unwanted guests at the moment.  Most were wriggly, and given a hot bath for their trouble………  While we did this she was a star, apart from the odd “meowww” as a visitor was removed she was so good.  No claws or teeth the whole time.

Her skin around the head is in poor condition, and will need lots of TLC to get her to the condition she deserves.  She will need more treatment as very likely to have a few hanging on not yet found.

Gills NB

I was sent a picture of her guests, blooming loads of them but thought you would appreciate not seeing them but they would have sucked her to death  :(
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 21:19:16 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 18:19:40 PM »
FLUFFY

Fluffy was 17 years old when he arrived in June 2009.

Angie received a call from a woman one Saturday to say that she needed to rehome her cat, because she was going abroad later that day. Angie explained that there was no room and asked if she had tried elsewhere, the women said no. A very exasperated Angie told her to ring around and recontact her if no luck but gave no assurances. At that age, he would be going nowhere but here.

When  Angie arrived, the woman (in tears!) was sitting on the floor in an empty house, with Fluffy in a basket on her knee. Her neighbour had advised her just to put him out and lock up.

He was not used to other cats and at first was aggressive, he wasn't one to back away. But the other cats are used to this with newbies and tended to ignore him. It took a few weeks but he has turned into a charming chap, he sits on the back of the sofa by the radiator with the others and loves fuss and attention. He has a passion for chicken or coley, and reluctantly eats whiskers in the evening (if nothing else is going). His character is amazing, he should be called the Major but at 18yrs we kept his own name, afterall, sometimes that is all they have left.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 21:51:15 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 18:16:17 PM »
JULIET and PORTIA

Juliet and her daughter Portia, with me since June 2010.

Juliet came in with Romeo (now rehomed) and 4 kittens, trapped in a garden when the kittens were about 5 or 6 weeks old. Kittens were poorly and of the 4 kittens all died apart from Portia. Juliet is very loving and Portia is very timid and still will not let me touch her.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 21:53:27 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 18:13:39 PM »
JINGLES

Jingles(683) is about 5 years old and was brought to a fosterer one day by her owner who claimed she was a stray and she has been with us for nearly three years now, arriving here in April 2009. She is our longest serving resident.

Jingles is quite a quiet cat and will be suited to an adult household as a single cat. She enjoys sleeping in quiet places and enjoys food time. She also enjoys being fussed.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 21:29:22 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 18:10:14 PM »
KAY and ROXY

Dumped in a hedge at the local Tesco megamarket, Kay and Roxy have been with us since February this year. They are very nervous with people and no one has shown any interest in them.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 21:57:54 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Feed a Coventry Cat for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011, 23:03:23 PM »
LOTTIE and WILLIAM

Lois (she appears above in her own thread  ;D ) came to the group very pregnant and within a few days she had 5 kittens and one died the next day.

Two of her other kittens have been homed leaving Lottie and William. These two are  showing signs of Cerebellar Hypoplasia, which is also known as ‘wobbly kitten syndrome’ and will need a special indoor home.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 21:55:36 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Link to CatChat