Author Topic: Staff cross name of LIBBY in danger of being put to sleep - URGENT only couple of days  (Read 8231 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
still waiting for validation :( my ex is wait till Monday before doing anything drastic.

a behaviourist might have helped but my ex is at the end of her tether both figuratively and financially.

totally understand that Rob it must be horrible and actually quite hard to have a pet that brings so many problems even is she does want the best for her

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
What about trying http://animallifelineuk.org/ - they often seem to work miracles with hard to home cases. Worth a go  :hug:

Have emailed these tonight, fingers crossed
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
What about trying http://animallifelineuk.org/ - they often seem to work miracles with hard to home cases. Worth a go  :hug:

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
still waiting for validation :( my ex is wait till Monday before doing anything drastic.

a behaviourist might have helped but my ex is at the end of her tether both figuratively and financially.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
seems like an impossible situation Rob, I suppose time and a good trainer would help but I appreciate time isn't something your ex has  :( did you manage to get any help from dogpages?

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
might be dogpages you are thinking of Helen, yes someone on that might have an idea

Yep, have been googling and I think it might be. Also found http://www.dogforums.com/ which seems to be an active forum too.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 :( Poor girl, I'm sure that givensome good advice she'll make a lovely dog.  Best of luck for her.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 14:03:52 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
might be dogpages you are thinking of Helen, yes someone on that might have an idea

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Poor Libby, sounds like she wasn't given any training by whoever had her as a puppy  :( I really don't know much about dogs but I wonder if a behaviourist might be able to help?

I think there is a Purrs style dog site too which is full of doggy experts - I'll try and find the name of it ...

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
My ex re-homed a staffy cross (maybe boxer) about 18 months ago from a rescue centre with suspected kennel cough but now can no longer cope with the dog.

Not long after getting the Libby she was found to have a enlarged heart and is now medicated daily, this roughly costs 35 pound a month. Libby is completely hyperactive and rarely sleeps, howls constantly and is a one girl wrecking machine, several carpets, 2 couches, plus lots off odds and  ends such as trainers, shoes, jeans, etc.

She will also constantly soil carpets even after just coming back in from a walk.

She has been neutered and chipped.

She is a lovedly natured dog and wouldn't hurt anyone.
Someone took the dog hoping just more exercise would help and already having a Malamut which is walked many many miles a day this would help the situation.
After one week the dog was returned as she constantly soiled and destroy things.

My ex is now at the end of her tether and local rescues won't take the dog due to her medical condtions and feels the only thing she can do is to have her put to sleep.

Does anyone have any advice or can point me in the right direction.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 12:51:57 PM by hOrZa »

Link to CatChat