Author Topic: what would you do? Advice please  (Read 4366 times)

Offline funkiechicken

• Hero Cat
  • Nutty About Kitten-Cats!!
  • Slave to: Nuggie (& until recently Tazi x)...& Peanut "de Poirot"!
Re: what would you do? Advice please
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 23:40:48 PM »
i hope you find your cat  :hug:

It is a shame you could not find out where the family have moved to......hoping it isnt too far, if they have your cat, they will let him out presuming he'd go back to them and he may just make his way home??

I hope so, I know how heartbreaking it is xx
Cats are independent, don't listen, don't come in when you call, stay out all night and when they're home they like to be left alone to sleep....Every quality that Women HATE in a Man, they LOVE in a Cat...

Nuggie (31.08.2002)
Peanut (14.12.09)
Sleep Tight Baby Tazi xx 04.04.98 - 20.10.11 xx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 10:53:13 AM »
I do hope that you find your cat  :hug:

This is why it's so important to get them neutered (so they don't go looking for nookie) and microchipped.  Fingers crossed for you xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dargie

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Tigger
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 00:27:01 AM »
there has been a builder in the property over the last few weeks preparing it for the next tenants so I know he's not in there.

We have lots of pictures of him from an 8 week old kitten just upto before he "disappeared" and I know the family that recently moved have been living on our road for a number of years and they had their own cat he looked like it had not been well looked after at all but this cat has now since gone aswell.

Unfortunatley we don't have any Vet records

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2011, 00:16:45 AM »
is the house empty now? is it possible your cat is locked in?
do you suspect they took your cat?

if the cat was not chipped, neutered (snd old enough to be) and had no collar anyone could have assumed it was a stray.

cats are classed as property so if they have taken your cat it is theft - but how to prove that a cat they might have is yours? have you photos? is the cat easy to distinguish? do you have a vet record?

Offline Dargie

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Tigger
what would you do? Advice please
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 23:23:37 PM »

Hi, our family cat went missing on the 29th September and we seen no sign of him since. he wasn't chipped our neutered and we had taken his collar off because of the warm weather at the end of last month.

This week I had noticed a house a few doors down from me near to where tigger had last been seen is now up for rent. So I rang the letting agent today and they confirmed the house was vacated 29/30th of Sept. The woman in the office had rang the previous tenant just to ask a question on my behalf which was really nice of her to do.

The tenant ( according to the letting agency ) came into the office and started to act like a really psycho screaming what business is to with her. I feel this was a huge overreaction to just a simple neighbourly question and I am wondering have I hit a raw nerve ?

But I don't know what to do next, can anyone help ? offer some hints or possible suggestion as to how to approach this?

thanks
Alan

Link to CatChat