Author Topic: Northumberland. Is anyone able to offer help with pregnant feral (complicated)  (Read 4361 times)

Offline littlebrambles

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Little Brambles fosters cats
That's very kind of you to offer.

Sadly one of the kittens has died and the mum cat and remaining kitten have not been spotted for a couple of weeks so at the moment every thing is on hold.

With winter upon us hopefully there is a small window of opportunity to get mum cat & kitten caught and neutered ( if she does turn up again.) before  becoming pregnant again.

Thanks for all those who have responded. It has been made difficult by the man being housebound and in a remote area. He has numbers to call now when the mum cat does turn up again. He is quite happy to feed her and kittens it's just the trapping that he was in need of help with.

Sadly, this is replicated all over the country. Ferals do get such a raw deal and yet many of them are simply dumped domestic cats who have learnt to be shy of people and fend for themselves. :(

« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 13:59:23 PM by littlebrambles »

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
What is happening with the fella?

I am new to the site & have just seen this post. Am living in northumberland & know CP are inundated with kittens at the minute & unable to help with fostering etc, but still maybe able to help with neutering vouchers
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Oh no, poor baby  :(

Offline littlebrambles

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
I've not heard anything - the cat has had two kittens so whilst lactating will have to wait anyway.

If I hear anything I will let you know asap.

Many many thanks x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Did the men offer to help?

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Good luck!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Hope so too! Please let me know how it goes!  ;D

Offline littlebrambles

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Bless you - that's brilliant.

Hopefully we can get sorted, thank you so much. xx

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
A friend involved in rescue has just given me a couple of numbers of people who work for the RSPCA but who just deal with ferals: i.e.TNR They don't live far from Allendale either............

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
This a persian rescue someone has suggested in the area. Have they been contacted do you know?

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/nthumb.html
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 18:47:05 PM by Shirley »

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Littlebrambles is in Devon,Liz.........and the man is housebound so may not be well enough to set/watch the trap?

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Could the man and you not borrow a trap and trap the cat yourselves and then ask CP for neutering voucher this would certainly help and setting the trap isn't that hard, just taking the cat and the trap to the vet for everything to be done
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline littlebrambles

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
cant offer anything im afraid just good luck vibes  :hug:

Thank you  :shy:

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
cant offer anything im afraid just good luck vibes  :hug:

Offline littlebrambles

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Yes he's happy to continue with feeding but is just getting on top of things and another litter arrives.

It appears that CP isn't able to help, not sure reasons, maybe lack of volunteers in that area or no expertise with trapping. It's a difficult situation and ferals aren't always a priority unfortunately.

A terrible muddle really. I was just hoping there was maybe someone who could go and assess the situation and at least offer support and maybe help.

:-:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
I would've thought a CP would offer to hep, after all, the problem will only get bigger!! Is the man willing to carry on feeding them once they've been neutered?

Offline littlebrambles

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Sadly no  :(

Help is still needed if anyone has any ideas?

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Did anyone help with this?  :(

Offline littlebrambles

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
I've been contacted by someone I know in need of help with a feral cat in Allendale, Northumberland. It seems that all requests to cat charities for help from this housebound person have been ignored. He is already feeding several feral cats and things are just getting quite complicated for him.

I'm in Devon so no use at all but was hoping for a kind and caring person to take on responsiblity for this. I know it's a long shot but I would love to hear from anyone at all able to help out. It's someone's time and dedication I'm after if at all possible. I can make some financial contribution if necessary.

:thanks:

Link to CatChat