Author Topic: Lennox last hope - please read  (Read 5733 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Lennox last hope - please read
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 13:18:25 PM »
Glad they managed to contact the owners and everything crossed for good news xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 11:26:09 AM »
I understand Lexus did manage to contact the owners, JackSpratt.

My hopes and prayers are with Lennox today. Their website is down so will have to wait until word gets out through facebook/press etc.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 21:42:48 PM by JackSpratt »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 11:21:55 AM »
Lennox has the final (hopefully) court hearing today - please all send good luck vibes for him.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 11:41:48 AM »
I e-mailed the Lexus Project in the US asking if they could help. They sent the following reply:

'I am trying to find legal counsel in Northern Ireland. I need a contact number for the owners of Lennox for him call. I should know something on Monday.'

If anyone has contact with Lennox owner could they get them to contact the Lexus Project urgently

thelexusproject@optonline.net

Hope they manage to contact the owners.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 17:53:54 PM »
Thanks Cazzer

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 17:21:31 PM »
Have signed
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 16:58:47 PM »
I e-mailed the Lexus Project in the US asking if they could help. They sent the following reply:

'I am trying to find legal counsel in Northern Ireland. I need a contact number for the owners of Lennox for him call. I should know something on Monday.'

If anyone has contact with Lennox owner could they get them to contact the Lexus Project urgently

thelexusproject@optonline.net

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 12:37:08 PM »
Thanks, Janey

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 09:39:30 AM »
I contacted my local MP the other day, I hope that many more do and ever hopeful he can be saved.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 08:47:12 AM »
Its not looking hopeful. Campaigners are urging supporers to e-mail the Prime Minister and their local MP. A post on facebook suggests a Welsh MP is going to take the case to Parliament in 5 days time. Hope other MPs do also.

My personal feeling is that, sadly, because of the trauma Lennox has endured over the past year and a half, it may well not be wise to rehome him with a family in the community. However, this does not mean he has to die. Surely sending him to a sanctuary where there are qualified people with expertise in caring for this type of dog is a solution?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 22:27:56 PM »
Signed too.   :( It's such a sad story, awful.

I do hope that poor boy can be saved.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 07:51:05 AM »
Its an absolute travesty. ANY dog is potentially dangerous. The law should focus on measures to enforce responsible ownership. These 'types' of dogs are not the only breeds that have savaged people but you don't see wardens carting off labs and collies and the like. Can you ikmagine if your pet poodle were to be taken away because it barked at the postman? Lennox and others like him have been condemned for doing even less. I saw the DDA Watch website last night and it is heartbreaking. Even 2 week old pups.

THE DEED, NOT THE BREED.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 00:45:22 AM »
Have signed the petition on that site. Have just been reading his other website (that one is focused purely on the legal proceedings to try and save him) - poor, poor boy. The conditions they are keeping him in are appaling. It's hard to see how this has been allowed to happen, the litter mate that is apparently a different breed according to the very same council and the dog warden cuddling him and getting kisses yet in court saying he is aggressive and she's frightened of him - shocking  :(

http://www.savelennox.co.uk/

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Lennox last hope - please read
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 19:35:51 PM »

Link to CatChat