Author Topic: Hello everyone!  (Read 3076 times)

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
Re: Hello everyone!
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 15:46:19 PM »
   :welcome: from all at lostcatsbrighton  :welcome:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2011, 10:11:42 AM »
 :welcome: :nice meet:

Glad you found us - what a fascinating household you have. Enjoy....

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2011, 05:10:40 AM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :hug: hi, this is the place for people who like having cats in their homes

Offline Groucho

• Kitten
  • Slave to: No-one!
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 22:44:45 PM »
Blimey.  Look at dat.............  Modify buttonz back............ Tada!!!!!!!!  as auntie Sue would say  :evillaugh:

Think I've figured out that ya only get modify button with your own posts.  Look.... I've had a ruff day  :innocent:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 22:53:31 PM by Rosella moggy »
I love Dweemies .....

Offline Groucho

• Kitten
  • Slave to: No-one!
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2011, 22:43:34 PM »
How odd  :shify:  Can't see the modify button but Rosella Moggy (me mom) can.  Fink I'm gonna ask Auntie Tan wot gives  :Dont know:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to Purrs Doncat5  :wow:

I wouldn't be too surprised at a feral furrie called Raven living with Auntie Liz's Clan.  There's quite a few tittentats there  :)
I love Dweemies .....

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2011, 21:43:54 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D 

lovely photo  :Luv:

Is it possible to edit posts, or do I have to live with my many mistakes? 

Yep, and it's handy to know, if you click modify at the top right of your post next to quote then you can edit.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 19:17:23 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Sounds like you have your hands full there with you furry, feathered and human family!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 18:13:46 PM »
Really Liz, thats a coincidence!!  I must admit that I called them Raven and Maude on a bit of a whim, as I didnt intend keeping them, but now I have, the names have stuck, though Raven usually gets called Ray, or Raymundo the Great lol.... all of my cats tend to have their names adapted over the years Ishmar was originally called Titch, I have no idea how she ended up being called Ishmar. :-:

:evillaugh:  Yes, that often happens.  Paddy used to get Padmeister, Paddy Padster, Persil Kid (cos his white bits were always pristine), The Ginger Imposter, The Padster and so on.  Mac gets Macbeenz, Beenz, Danjeruss Beenz, SuperMac and Stripey Jim-Jams.   :)

Offline Doncat5

• Kitten
  • Slave to: LC, Ishmar, Bibbin, Raven & Maude (4 ex feral, 1 hand readed orphan)
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2011, 17:42:28 PM »
Really Liz, thats a coincidence!!  I must admit that I called them Raven and Maude on a bit of a whim, as I didnt intend keeping them, but now I have, the names have stuck, though Raven usually gets called Ray, or Raymundo the Great lol.... all of my cats tend to have their names adapted over the years Ishmar was originally called Titch, I have no idea how she ended up being called Ishmar. :-:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2011, 17:14:31 PM »
Hello Doncat and  :welcome:  to Purrs. Raven is gorgeous  :Luv2:  Looking forward to more photo's  :)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 15:21:12 PM »
We have a black feral called Raven she is 3 now ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 14:56:05 PM »
I'm sure there is normally an edit button by the quote button but I can't see it

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 14:49:27 PM »
Couldn't agree more by the way -  am hoping our new recruit (Macbeenz) will turn out not to be too friendly towards stranegrs for that very reason. 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 14:48:28 PM »
It is possible to edit posts but crikey - don't worry about mistakes.  If I edited all of my "triping" errors I'd be on til doomsday.   ;) :evillaugh:

I love the way the shaft of sunlight is slanting across Raven's back.    :Luv:

Offline Doncat5

• Kitten
  • Slave to: LC, Ishmar, Bibbin, Raven & Maude (4 ex feral, 1 hand readed orphan)
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 14:46:13 PM »
Thank you for the welcome.  Is it possible to edit posts, or do I have to live with my many mistakes?  I've managed to get a couple of pics up, but probably not in the right place!  I much prefer ex ferals as pets, they bond to you and dont go wandering up to strangers... I'd worry too much about over friendly cats, there are too many nasty, cat hating people out there.

Raven

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 13:28:13 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Just got to love the ferals, I have a houseful of ferals, domestics, my 2 rescue ragdolls, my calling rescue Miss Porsche Bengal and my foster Cat an NFC called Star and their pets our 3 Border Collies Adults Sky and Sunny and their puppy brother Mistral

We are a lovely plaice and we are a bit mad for cats and love photo's ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 12:54:47 PM »
hi and welcome, sounds like you've  come to the right place!  I've never worked out photos myself but everyone else seems to manage!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 12:21:27 PM »
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 12:17:20 PM »
Hello Doncat - Welcome to Purrs!   :welcome:

What beautiful names for your furbabes.  There are a few rabbit fosteres and fanciers on the site, and many of us who have dawgies too, so you're in good company.  Come to think of it, I'm sure there are a few chookie Mums and Dads too.  (we're nothing if not eclectic, eh?)

Hah - fancy you saying you wouldn't get any more...... that's really tempting providence.  No wonder the very next day - Tada!  :wow: :evillaugh:

Hope you have fun on the forum, and if you have any piccies of your wonderful furred, hairy and feathed family we'd love to see them.   ;D

Offline Doncat5

• Kitten
Hello everyone!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 11:44:20 AM »
Just joined though I have been a cat owner since the beginning of time!   I currently have 5 pampered purrers... LC 14, Ishmar 13, Bibbin 10 and 2 new little feral kittens, Raven and Maude who are about 5 months.  LC & Ishmar were ferals who were caught and tamed by me during my time catching, taming and rehoming with the CPL.  Bibbin was a 3 week old, orphan handed into the RSPCA  to be pts while I was volunteering there, I took her home and hand reared her.  I just recently said to a friend that I would never own another cat when my old 3 pass on... the very next week I'm sitting in an over grown garden catching ferals, for the first time in a decade.  We couldnt find a home for the 2 kittens and I stupidly fell for them, so they are staying as house cats, but hey ho, whats another 15-20 years !   :shocked:  I also have 3 rescued ex batt chickens, 1 rescued Beagle x Whippet Dog called Olive and 1 rescue rabbit... oh and I also foster rabbits for a local rabbit and GP rescue. .. and I mustn'e forget my 2 daughters, almost 7 and 9 years old, phew, I think thats the lot! 

I will try and add some photos when I work out how to.  :)

Link to CatChat