Author Topic: I'm so sad and disappointed  (Read 2656 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
I'm so sad and disappointed
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 22:53:13 PM »
It's such a shame it didn't work out but I'm sure it wasn't a decision that would have been taken lightly by her foster Mum :hug:

If you have space in your heart for another furry one then there'll be another needy cat somewhere out there that isn't so lucky as to have two people fall in love with him/her :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: I'm so sad and disappointed
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 22:12:35 PM »
I can understand how dissaponted you must be Hun but dont be too downhearted - there is a perfect furbaby out there just waiting for you xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Soxel

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 18:42:15 PM »
Thanks for the kind words. I think I'll give it a few weeks before I do anything, as our building work doesn't finish for a few days anyway. It's now seven hours later and I'm *still* crying, which I think is just a sign that I'm very worn out and emotionally run down. It's been such a rough year and with my luck I was stupid to get so attached to a pet that wasn't in my home yet. Besides, I've got my other babes to fuss over in the meantime. As sheilarose says, maybe life has other plans in store for us.

Also, Rosella, I am very sorry for your loss of Fred. RIP little one.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 16:39:26 PM »
I agree with all the others and I could never foster for this reason.

I especially agree with what Rosella says about getting home checked before picking a cat, because if the home check didnt go well for some reason then the heartbreak starts all over again  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 12:30:51 PM »
I've recently fostered a Mum and kittens, they were my first foster babies. I got very emotional about them, when the Mum and 1 baby found a new home the family that were adopting them came to fetch them, I had to go into the other room and have a cry as it was so upsetting. Then we were debating whether to keep the other two kittens as no one was coming forward to adopt them. Moneys tight at the moment so it wasn't the ideal time for us. Anyway as soon as we decided yes we would keep them, I started crying - my husband said " well it's a good job we are keeping them if you feel like that" I really had no idea how I felt but I'd obviously got very attached.

It's really easy to get very attached to your foster babies especially if you don't have your own cats. Also we haven't had a cat for 5 years since our Greycat died and we both still really miss her and I think all these emotions can get mixed together.

Anyway no more crying for me, as I have my two lovely babies now. So I definitely recommend going out and getting another cat I'm sure it will help. The shelters are full of beautiful cats needing someone like you to love them.     

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 12:14:16 PM »
Of course you're in the right place - this has happened to so many peeps and it's the worst feeling in the world. 

Cats have such a strong pull on our hearts. This little deaf cat has tugged on the heartstrings of its previous carer in exactly the same way as your foster baby did on yours. You've been left bereft and this is dreadful for you, especially as it was your first foster. There is no-one to blame which in a way is the hardest thing to accept because it all seems so unjust and unfair, and you feel like punching the wall.   :brick:

I know it seems an empty statement now, but your mission succeeded - your first foster has found a wonderful forever home.

I hope this means something to you - horrible things happen for a reason. There have been times in my life when I've felt absolutely crushed and powerless only for a beautiful event to come around the corner that would not have happened without the pain beforehand.

This never, ever fails.

Look forward to your incoming happiness, try to pick yourself up and go get yourself some furry lovin'  :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »
You don;t sound pathetic in the least. 

Really so very sorry the way this has panned out for you and I too would feel very depressed in your circumstances but it's true that there is no happier situation than to have the space and inclination to rehome a cat.  I would however very much urge you to get homechecked before choosing a new feline to share your life.  Almost 5 years ago we rehomed our darling angel Fred (RIP kid) and it was agony waiting to be homechecked after we had fallen for his smelly charms (he had only recently been neutered and boy did he reek  :))

Am positive that you will look back in a few months with the new cat that has stolen your heart and be thankful that it turned out like it did  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Soxel

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 11:30:53 AM »
I know that there'll be someone, I'm just sad. If it makes me sound any less pathetic, he was my first foster.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 11:16:33 AM »
I agree with Angie, there is another special one just waiting for you I'm sure

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 11:08:33 AM »
These things happen in rescue I'm afraid. Sometimes you don't know how attached you are to a foster until you talk about giving it up.

Still, as a cat lover and owner, I can understand how upsetting and annoying it must be for you - I would feel the same way.

You are right in that both of the cats have got good homes to go to, a thing of great luck at the moment.

So stop feeling blue, get yourself to a rescue centre and find another homeless one to bond with! There's nothing more exciting than having space for a new cat and going off to fill it!

Offline Soxel

• Kitten
I'm so sad and disappointed
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 11:02:36 AM »
Good morning.

I don't know if I'm posting in the right section but I'm just so sad and needed to vent to some people who might understand.

Recently, I arranged to rehome a cat next week (once her vaccinations were done). This arrangement was made via this forum, so let me add that I'm not posting in order to upset the current owner, or to make a point about it, it's just that this is the only place I know where people might understand how I'm feeling.

The owner called this morning to say she had decided to keep the cat. I'm extremely sad about this, and it's made so much worse by the fact that, just a short while ago, I turned down a cat I knew and loved *because* I was getting this other cat through Purrs. Basically, I had fostered a cat for a couple of months for a charity, before our building work started, but we missed him so much when he left that we talked about formally adopting him. When I came across the deaf cat on Purrs, what with ours being an indoor home and all, I thought it was a better match. The other cat is a little tabby boy, who'd have no problem finding a home. I figured the deaf cat would have a harder time trying to find somewhere where they could adequately accommodate her needs, and the boy's circumstances were much more flexible.

So once we agreed to take the deaf cat, I told the charity that no, we wouldn't make an application for the boy, and he has since been rehomed. And of course now the deaf cat rehoming has fallen through.

I'm absolutely heartbroken. I feel crushed. Almost bereaved. I'm so upset about not getting the new cat, and now I'll never see my other boy again for no tangible reason, and I'm so angry at myself for turning him down. Ultimately, both of these cats have lovely homes now, and that's the most important thing, and I wouldn't sacrifice that for the whole world. But unfortunately it doesn't stop me crying and feeling blue, and I just needed somewhere to say that where hopefully I won't seem like a crazy person.

Link to CatChat