Author Topic: Mid-teen+ lady needing home...(Sorted)  (Read 2097 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Mid-teen+ lady needing home...(Sorted)
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 10:14:27 AM »
Ok thanks  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Feral & Stray Foundation
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
Re: Mid-teen+ lady needing home...
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 10:01:34 AM »
Yes - please move it to sorted. Thanks!
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 09:24:57 AM »
Great but shall I move this to sorted then - or is Edna still up for homing?

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 09:00:27 AM »
Hi,
Sorry - I think I replied about this on another thread...
Edna is still with me. after the 'cat of the month' appeal and other threads, nobody showed any interest in Edna, so she is now a permanent here with me. She is doing very well, and had settled a lot more, although she still doesn't like other cats! She tolerates a couple of them who ignore her, and spends her days sleeping, eating and getting fuss! If there was anyone out there happy to take her as a single lady, then I would be happy for that, but she's not a cuddle monster at all, and has a feisty attitude, which a lot of people won't appreciate!
Her health is now great... glossy coat, 3kg balanced weight, great appetite, playful...
I love her lots, so unless the perfect only-cat home comes up, she'll live her retirement here...
Liz xxx
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 08:16:40 AM »
Any news please - did you keep Edna?  there are quite a lot of threads having done a search.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 08:34:06 AM by Janeyk »

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 22:44:01 PM »
She looks lovely doesn't she? Shame i can't have my namesake! but i have 3 oldies(beside myself!)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 19:49:52 PM »
That's a shame it hasn't worked out with her  :shy:  :hug:

Fingers crossed her second Florence Nightingale will be out there for her  :hug:

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Mid-teen+ lady needing home...(Sorted)
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 14:29:07 PM »
It's with regret that I'll have to find a home for the little oldie I've called Edna...
Edna was taken into the practice when my vet friend works in Nottingham, and was going crazy in the kennel. They were going to put her to sleep when my friend saw her and said she was sure Edna was Hyperthyroid. Turns out her thyroid level was 258!!! The normal range is 10-55, so hers was sky high. She has a very palpable thyroid glad, but was put on Felimazole 5mg twice a day. There may be the option to surgically remove the gland, providing her bloods were ok for her to have an anaesthetic. Alternatively, she takes her tablets twice daily in her food with no problems, or she could be changed onto Vidalta, which is once a day.
Rather than PTS, I said I'd have her, providing she was felv/fiv negative and got on with other cats. She is clear of disease, was frontlined and wormed, but does not like other cats, hence the reason I don't think it's fair on her or my other 10 cats to keep her. I've had Edna a month now, and hoped that once we settled her thyroid, she'd settle with the other cats, but she hasn't. I have 2 cats that are real softies, and get scared to come upstairs in case she's there, so it's not fair on them, and I think she'd be happier as an only cat without feeling the need to attack and be defensive towards them.
She's about mid-teens plus, and apart from the thyroid problem, is in remarkable health! She moves like there's rocket up her bum, and while she is skinny, is gaining weight slowly. She is a very active girl, but is pretty deaf so she'd need a secure garden or be indoors as she wouldn't hear traffic/dogs etc heading her way. She's perfect in the litter tray too. Eyesight is spot-on - she doesn't miss a trick - and she's very fussy and flirty with me, rubbing around my legs and loving head and neck rubs, but she's not a lap cat. I think she'd really suit a retired person/couple or family without young children who will respect that she's getting on a bit and doesn't want to be pestered, she doesn't like her back-end being touched, so probably slightly arthritic too, but it in no way slows her down!
I took her into the vets where I used to work as a nurse last week and re re-tested her T4 levels. They have dropped dramatically to the low side, so I'm currently tweaking her Felimazone to a 5mg in the morning and a 2.5mg in the evening.
I would have loved to keep her - I always like to have one or two oldies - but she's not settling and I think she'd have a happier retirement with no other cats.
I've posted some photos of her, and she is very pretty! I so, so wish I could keep her  :(
Anyway, anyone who can offer help or a home for this old lady, please let me know. I am based in Newark, Notts.
Thanks in advance,
Liz & Edna xx
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 10:13:53 AM by Janeyk »
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Link to CatChat