Author Topic: Any one from up north...  (Read 3237 times)

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
Re: Any one from up north...
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 10:19:37 AM »
Theyre still cats there and have been for a while  :(

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 08:14:52 AM »
Any news please?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 15:46:51 PM »
Theyre kept in a seperate bit, and i no the staff do all they can to make them happy, iv never actually seen the cat section as i have only ever been to look at the dogs which are in standard kennels, its just the amount of time they have been in think its cos like u say people dont really go there looking for cats.

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 15:43:07 PM »
Ive not actually been up to the shelter before - are the cats in dog kennels then or a seperate bit? Obviously i'm not going to complain as the cats are better than being on the street etc, but what are the conditions like where they are?
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 15:40:00 PM »
Im surprised they havent already tbh, they are noramlly quite good. Poor little mites

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 15:04:20 PM »
Hehe!

I know - my Mr is the same. Well i'll let the new cat (unnamed so far!) settle in and definately see about it. I think it's because people don't associate it with it being a Dog Shelter primarily. Maybe the charity should look to getting them into another dedicated cat shelter?
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 14:48:01 PM »
I live in coxhoe!!! Hehehe small world eh. I have no idea of there temperment or anything i just know they have been there for ages, im thinkin it must be nearing a year god bless them. Id take them myself but im banned from having any more animals I quote the oh "whether u find them, buy them breed them are given them see them on the internet or are offered them in the street we are not having any more" You'd think i had a zoo the way he goes on!!

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 12:49:49 PM »
Hey!!!!!

I actually live in Bowburn and my sister lives in Coxhoe, but we've just chosen our new cat at the Felledge Cattery so don't really know if we can commit to another one  :( If only i'd seen this thread earlier!!!!

Do you know what the cats are like with other cats? I know our new adoptee is fine with others, but I might have to work on the other half!

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 10:00:19 AM »
I no, im shocked at how many animals are in the rescues around me atm, they seem to have all had a giant surge in numbers. But jingle and tommy have been in there for soo long, and now they have another in and i just feel sooo sorry for them, my OH has banned me from visiting rescue centres, i tend to get far too upset and spend the next week or so nagging the life outof him to get them, good job he is stubborn else id have them all!  :thanks:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 21:58:57 PM »
Aww, and the poor older dogs at their age, always gets to me when I read them  :(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 21:38:57 PM »
I'm a southerner but here's the link  :hug:

http://www.strayaid.co.uk/

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
Any one from up north...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 20:13:07 PM »
Hi my local dog shelter has a couple of cats, (you can see them if you type stray aid coxhoe into google and look in the dogs for adoption) the tabby has been there for months and months so im just hoping posting on here might get somewhere. Thanks peeps

Link to CatChat