Author Topic: Hello from Scotland  (Read 5256 times)

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
Re: Hello from Scotland
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2011, 15:24:04 PM »
Billy is from moodiesburn just outside Glasgow , but he has been in the east of the city since he was 8 weeks and he looks very contented.   :hug: :naughty: :shocked: :Luv2:

Offline mysticmog

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Ralphie (rip), Coco, Rowley, Manu, Jackson and Deeks the dawg
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2011, 14:20:16 PM »
ha ha. im SUCH a pushover! nobribes required - just pull a weesadface and ill give in! I think Cats realise this very early on!. my resident master and mistress are being totally spoiled this week ;)  :briggin:.

Greenlaner - i live in the Islands but I lived in Edinburgh for years, my boy Ralphie (RIP) was a rescue cat from Leith. (nae quite a glesga cat but exactly the same amount o gallus  :shy: :Luv:).

i'll post photies up when my boys arrive - they are going to have a bit of an epic journey getting here.  The weather is fabulous here just now - so im hoping after last weeks gales - it stays beautiful for their trip. :Luv2:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Hello from Scotland
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2011, 22:19:03 PM »
Nice work Jackson :naughty: We will need pics when the time comes :wow:

Offline Greenlaner

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Billy
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2011, 19:46:49 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:   I'm also from Scotland , but in it's biggest city. 

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2011, 14:37:58 PM »
You shameless bribe hussy you!   :evillaugh:  So - accidentally, eh?  'Spect us ter berleeve dat do ya?   :rofl:
Sending "always be best" vibes to Rowley and Coco.   :Luv:

Offline mysticmog

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2011, 12:59:00 PM »
I have come back to confess that i have now accidentally been 'owned' by a second savvy boy called Jackson  ;D.  The boys make their long journey home next week.  My pampered pusses both 'know' something is afoot - Coco has turned into an absolute sook and Rowley is huffing and walking off when I try to speak to him (Ohhhhhh - i KNOW im in the doghouse!) ;)  Next week will be VERY interesting.  I have extra catnip, extra treats and some extra malty paste just in case! 

Offline mysticmog

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 23:23:19 PM »
Hi Den22 - I cant wait until next month when my wee manu makes his journey home.  He's not a 'classic' savannah (hes a non standard colour) but hes a very oriental looking brown boy (i love orientals).  Both of your babies are gorgeous (my 11yr old daughter has a massive soft spot for Bengals and for orientals...mind you - shes cat daft so she has a soft spot for all cats :shy: :Luv: but she particularly loves bengals and orientals :Luv2:).

Sue - it started off well - sun was blazing this morning (mist hanging in the valley) - it was beautiful when I headed to work at 6am - but I got soaked walking home at 9pm!...its been pouring down most of the day :Crazy:...thats normal for here...just waiting for the snow and windto top it off  :sneaky: :shocked:  My daft moogs loved being out in the rain all day ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 06:52:01 AM »
Am so pleased yesterday was a better day - and today's Friday (so that's always good).  I know what yuo mean about photos.  I don't have that many of my little old codger who we lost in April, aged 20 ("anna bit").  I had a few photos of him as a kitten and an 8 year old cat, but missed out on a lot.  I made up for it in his last 5 years, when I took as many photos of him that I could - althuogh fair to say that looking at most of them it's Paddy snoozing on the sofa, Paddy snoozing in his radiator bed, Paddy snoozing int he sunshine....  :evillaugh:  The main thing is, you have those very special memories of Ralphie. 

Hope the sun is shining today.  :hug:

Offline den22

• Distinguished Cat
  • In loving memory of my beloved Butch 1998-2010
  • Slave to: Fudge & Ariel
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2011, 20:50:40 PM »
Hi Mysticmog and  :welcome: to purrs  :) all your furbabies are gorgeous, loving Rowley & Coco they are beautiful.
Can't wait to see your Savanah  ;D when it joins your family, my daughter loves the Savanah breed.
I have an oriental and a Bengal who also compliment each other really well  ;D I am also slave to my 4 year old twin grandchildren  who live with me  and my daughter  :Crazy: don't know whose worse in the  :naughty: stakes though.
The Purrs 2013 Christmas Auction is now on!
All funds donated to Feral & Stray Foundation  - starts 17th November to 1st Dec 
Will you be a bidder, or donate something to auction - or both?!

Den22

Offline mysticmog

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2011, 20:10:47 PM »
Hi SueP  my tuxy boy was called Ralph(ie), he was a rescue that we got from Edinburgh. He was a really happy healthy boy right up until the night before he passed. He slipped into a deep sleep in the morning and when we took him to the vets he said he wasn't aware of anything.  he had a very happy and spoiled life with us - i think thats why he lasted to such a good age - lots of fields for him to romp in over the years.  Im sad that I dont have any photos of him with his beautiful blue eyes (they went from amber to blue when he was really happy).  its a cracking day here today.  Im feeling much better (back to work) and my human babies have goneback to school today (youngest started high school).  The moogs have spent all day between their outside dez res and sunbathing in the conservatory.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2011, 15:13:09 PM »
Hi Mysticmog - lovely to catch up on this and see your beautiful Lardybums  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  I loved that!   And their cat burgling skills  :)  What was the name of your handsum Tuxedo moggy?  Didn't he do well to live to 19 - must've have been all the good lovin' you gave him.   ;D

Hope you've got decent weather again today and that you aren't feeling too homesick.   :hug:

Offline mysticmog

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 18:59:51 PM »
Hi solosdad  :thanks:

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
    • petition for changing airgun law
  • Slave to: solo(rip my angel 28/6/2011) & buttons
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2011, 23:01:30 PM »
hi and  :welcome: mystic     

Offline mysticmog

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2011, 21:52:50 PM »
Hi Janeyk - thanks  :Luv: they certainly know they are far higher up in the pecking order than we are! and we love them to bits.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2011, 21:22:09 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs

Lovely photos, your cats are gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2:

love your username too  ;D

« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 21:22:56 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline mysticmog

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 13:58:53 PM »
Hya Rosella Moggy, My daughter will be well chuffed that you like Coco!  :Luv:(Coco is 'her' cat, Rowley is my sons - and everyone always falls for Rowleys charms - mainly because hes a seriously overgrown kitten and a total goof! as well as being a wee bit handsome). Coco is actually more of a lap-cat than Rowley is - hes Mr boombastic - always off wiggling his big bum somewhere, she is always taking in the scene, a wee bitty more wary of new people but way braver than him when it comes to 'catching' dinner. he kind of throws himdelf in the general direction of flys and bees - she nails them first go every time. They compliment each other really well - and watching them "tag-team" flys etc is interesting - they work well together! Coco actually has a beautiful nature  :Luv2: (although I think her colouring can make her look a wee bitty wild/grumpy at times).  Shes a wee clever cookie - she taught Rowley how to do 'keyboard removals' with her bum - she's always figuring out how to break into places and is never anywhere near the crimescene :naughty: when Rowley gets caught red-pawed! :briggin:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2011, 12:38:29 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

Gorgeous gorgeous cats but Coco is lush  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline mysticmog

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2011, 12:24:06 PM »
Hi Tiggy's mum - Helen, I am already noticing how addictive it is    :wooooo: :clap: :ahh: Im finding myself migrating on here when i shouldbe doing other things :naughty:.  Rowley always manages to find peoples soft spots  ;D Hes a wee charmer (just a big dopey sook really).
I picked the username cos of where im from, mymums 'spooky' ability to know EVERYTHING and cos I have been cat daft all my life  :catluv:.  I thought it would have gone as well but was quite delighted when it hadn't.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 19:58:31 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

I LOVE the username, can't believe nobody thought of that before you as Purrs has been running coming up for 5 years now!

All your cats are gorgeous btw but :omg: - I have a little soft spot for Rowley :drool;  :Luv:

Offline mysticmog

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 17:45:02 PM »
Aww thanks - I think they are lovely - but then - I think every and all cats are lovely! Sheilarose - mine own the mac as well as owning me - they dont quite grasp that their lardybums are mebby a wee bit too big to fit behind/around it (and the keyboard is SUPPOSED to dangle by the cable! - all cats KNOW that - thats why they push it over with their lardybums...).  nope - no trubble at all  :sneaky: - little angels  :Luv2:- pictures of innocnce  :innocent: :evillaugh:  certifiable though - the pair of them! although Coco is particularly adept at looking innocent and moving away from the scene of the crime 'quickly'  :naughty:.  Poor Rowley isn't getting into kittymensa anytime soon  :shy: But they are both still babies  - neither are 2 yet so still kittens in maineyland. your tuxedo baby looks gorgeous! I LOVE black and whites - they are sophisticated wee souls 8)
Ed - your little madam is beautiful - she looks like she has a healthy dose of mainey in her (and if shes totally aware of her awesumness - she may well have! - they are well known for knowing they "got it going on"  ;) ;D :rofl:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 17:52:08 PM by mysticmog »

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 17:14:47 PM »
Welcome to Purrs - gorgeous cats.

I have one cat - a bit like your Rowley - but just a moggy but a right little madam all the same  :shocked:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 17:08:19 PM »
Hello and  :welcome:  to Purrs  :)  Your cats are gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv2: 

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2011, 17:04:05 PM »
OMG you got us both gasping! Your cats are  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

I bet they're never ever any trubbel  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

(I wonder if they have discovered their own bit on Purrs yet "from the cats mouths" - I think mine have, I keep catching them on the keyboard looking guilty).

Offline mysticmog

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2011, 16:23:05 PM »
Hi Liz I have Coco and Rowley as my Avatar - I will try and upload a piccy of my beautiful Ralphie but Manu does not 'move in' with me till sept - and im not sure how his current mum would feel about his piccy being posted - so I will post his piccy up when he 'officially' owns me   ;)   not sure if this will work - fingers crossed  :scared: http://s1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa350/mysticmog1/
 Sheilarose - hope you feel better soon - owwwwies - cracked rib - hope your painkillers are good :wow: 

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2011, 15:41:56 PM »
""as im home sick just now. I would appreciate the sunshine more if i didnt feel so miserable just now ""

Aww poor you.   :hug: :hug: If it helps I cracked a rib on Wednesday, so am also a bit creaky just now, and hopped up on a cocktail of fabulous painkillers.

It's dull, cool and overcast here in that London, that at least might brighten your day a little more  :briggin: .

Hope you can muster the strength for a cold drink or two this afternoon...I'm sure I will.  ;)

Do get some piccies on of the furbies, we like nothing more than a good ogle.  :Luv2:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2011, 15:15:30 PM »
Welcome to Purrs, I am also in Scotland in Aberdeenshire so nice to have another scot on board

I am PA and Food provider to the Clan cats mostly ferals, some donestics and my 2 rescue Ragdolls and the ball thrower to their pets our 2 Adult Border Collies Sky and Sunny and their new brother Mistral who is now 18 weeks old

We need pictures of your crew as we love to drool over cats :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline mysticmog

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 15:08:58 PM »
Hi SheilaRose, Sam and Angie  ;)
My moogs have got so used to being called a variety of 'pet' pet names that they will now respond to anything (as long as there is food available at the end of it - especially in Rowleys case).  SheilaRose - its actually blazing sunshine here today - not that im getting to enjoy it as im home sick just now. I would appreciate the sunshine more if i didnt feel so miserable just now :sick:  :shy: :yuk:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 15:00:34 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Hope you're not getting too soggy, Mog!   :rain:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 14:48:15 PM »
Hi Welcome,

I called one of my foster cats (Mog), Mystic Mog. It was was of the litany of names I used to say to him when he first came in after his accident and he was still concussed.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 14:48:05 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline mysticmog

• Adult Cat
Hello from Scotland
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 14:44:17 PM »
Hello all newbie from the Scottish Isles here. I am slave to 2 boombastic Maine Coons (girl and boy) and soon to be slave to one Savannah boy.  :Luv:  Prior to this I was slave to a very dashingly handsome tuxedo moggy lad who crossed the rainbow bridge in 2010 (aged 19) :Luv2:. I am also slave to 2 human children as well as my feline ones ;).  Both my human children love cats as much as I do :shy:.
Pleased to meet you all  ;D  (I luv these kitty smilies btw!).

Link to CatChat