Author Topic: bob martin treatment has killed one of my kittens,please help  (Read 8856 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: bob martin treatment has killed one of my kittens,please help
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 11:15:33 AM »
Have you see this group on FB?

http://www.facebook.com/groups/KILLERTREATMENT/

Sending my sincere condolences on your loss  :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 11:08:12 AM »
Sorry for the loss of your kitten and hope the other one has recovered

I would advise to only use vet prescribed treatments for anything to do with cats and dogs

Sadly people buy this type of thing in the pet shop and it proves to be very costly false econonmy with tragic results

My neighbours cat was left blind in one eye due to the same product - she now only uses vets stuff or comes to ask me for advice - we have an awful lot of cats and only use vet prescribed products
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline FayVD

• Kitten
  • Slave to: asia minor
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 10:29:34 AM »
Hi
I'm so sorry you have had such a dreadful experience and loss of your kitten. Have you obtained a full written report from your vet on the reaction that this treatment caused and the fact that this is not the first case they have come across which you could use in your case against the company that produces Bob Martin Flea Treatment for Cats and Kittens?  I would perhaps consider taking this story to the press to get the coverage you are looking for which will put pressure on the company to re-package the brand. Perhaps you could use this forum to ask if others have had such an experience and if so gather all the posts together with the vet's report and submit to the company.
Good luck and I hope you are successful in bringing about a safer product so that future kittens are protected.

Offline voice4cats

• Adult Cat
    • facebook group
  • Slave to: malibu,robyn and the late mazie
bob martin treatment has killed one of my kittens,please help
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 10:16:28 AM »

hi just signed up to this as you have been suggested to be the place to help me.i have just lost one of my two kittens after applying bob martin flea treatment for kittens and cats..within minutes they were both fitting and foaming at the mouth,on arrival to the vets i was concerned that they were already aware of the effects of this product..as they have seen the results many times.i am trying hard to make owners aware of the product and also trying to get the company to re package due to the details of what can happen not being on!!! all comments and suggestions would be helpful..thanks for your time  :thanks:

Link to CatChat