Author Topic: please sign to change the laws with using airguns to kill or injure cats and dogs  (Read 8354 times)

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
    • petition for changing airgun law
  • Slave to: solo(rip my angel 28/6/2011) & buttons
your  :welcome: jo thx for signing

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
All done.  Really good cause, too much of this is happening and the law really needs looking at.  Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
That's brilliant!  Well done you.  This law (or lack of one) is long overdue a review.  Children and adults are maimed each year in air gun attacks too.  It's just worse somehow when it's cat, because it isn't as though they can tell anyone.

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
thanx sue ive even got my story on the leauge against cruel sports website too  ive had a good response from the petition aswell so its going good ill just keep plugging away at it  :)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.

Have just seen this, and signed.  Paul, am so very sorry to hear about Solo.   :hug: :hug:  I really feelf or you and your family.  One of our cats was shot a number of years ago.  It broke my heart, because he was so trusting and friendly.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
Shared the FB page.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
 :thanks: everyone who has signed its upto 180 sigs now and rising and with good positive feed back aswell brilliant and my justice for solo facebook page is getting  some attention aswell so thanks once again       :)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline faye at pawprints

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
  • lovely big edward
    • pawprints animal rescue
have signed x

(photo is of weeny cookie - she's a lovely grown up girl now).
faye @ pawprints animal rescue
www.pawprintsanimalrescue.co.uk

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
thanks guys your kind words mean a lot  :)

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
ur probaly thinking what a 39 year old  man is doing crying  and being upset im upset

Definitely not thinking any such thing. Only so sorry you have reason to cry. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
 :thanks: hun x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
ur probaly thinking what a 39 year old  man is doing crying  and being upset

I was thinking nothing of the sort.  So very sorry for your loss  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
yeah thats what the vet said to us that he often gets cats and dogs with pellets in them but they only find them when there going in for something else and they show up but my poor solo was targeted not once but twice and done with intent to maim and kill my poor cat stood no chance of survival even though he managed to crawl back home only to me and my wifes horror i will never forget that day for the rest of  my life i thought hed been bitten by a dog at first but when the vet phoned me to tell me what he found i was utterly shocked  i and my wife sobbed all the way to the vets because i knew he wasnt coming home ever again its my daughter i feel sorry for even though we now have a 9 week old kitten she witnesed how cruel some people can be she held his paw as the vet put him to sleep i will never forget that he was a gentle lad no bother to anyone and theres me thinking i live in a repectable area only to find i live across the road from my cats killer makes me mad as i know he done it but i cant prove it  but the police are aware of it so its only a matter of time i suppose  thanks to everyone whos signed the petition and check out my face book page justice for solo   take care all i need to stop typing as am choked up still ur probaly thinking what a 39 year old  man is doing crying  and being upset im upset because i didnt want him to go this way and so young too and miss him waking me up in the morning  :(

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
This is an important one as the problem is far worse than any of us imagine.
One of my old fosters Cleo now deceased walked round for years with an undetected pellet, it was only when she needed anaesthetic for something else the pellet was spotted. Many of us unknowingly have cats carrying those pellets.It is only the serious shootings that come to light and these are a small percentage.

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
 :thanks: guys dont forget to spread the word need more sigs 

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
Signed.

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
thanx spread the word  :)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
signed.

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
 :P yeah thats ok i think i can remove one not too sure but it dosent matter thanks anyways sspread the word the more sigs the better  as i feel really strongly over this im getting leaflets printed with a short highlight of what had happend with a link to the petition on it and am going to spend the next month or so delivering these  :'(  lol

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
appear to have signed twice. didnt think the one on my work computer went through. hope they both count anyway.

Offline Sarah_Jane

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Twix, numerous foster kittens currently have a 2 babies with out names yet!
Signed off both me and OH.  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Also signed -need stringing up by the b---s and then shooting in them !

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Signed and put on FB.....this is so important as my cats have been threatened.

So sorry to hear about Solo and we all on Purrs know about Mikey who was paralized from the middle of his body down. so posting this on Cat Chat too would be good.

Offline shirleyp01

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: sammy and abbie
signed it also

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Signed  :(

Edit to add: If you 'sign' the petition using an email address you don't normally use then make sure you check it straight after you've signed as you have to confirm your signature by clicking on the link in the email.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 22:40:55 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline solosdad

• Adult Cat
  • RIP solo xx
ive set this petion up up in memory of my beloved cat solo am petitioning  to try and change the laws with regards to using airguns to kill or harm cats and dogs am calling for a ban or tougher rules on airguns to be licensed the sameway shotguns are so that no person can just purchase these without a proper background check and home visit to see if they are a genuine person and not a thug that wants one for his sick enjoyment this crulety to animals is happening on a day to day basis now and the rspca are stretched to the limit with this sick act so this is a petition set up not just in memory of my cat but to others who have lost pets to this disgusting act of animal cruelty so please sign this petiton to get airguns either banned ,or regulated to be only used in offical fireing ranges ,or licsend  so the owner of the gun if fired in anger against pets or even humans can be PROSECUTED  some people may say that it will never happen as youll still be able to get airguns on the black market what im trying to do is make the government take action at least to changing the laws with owning these weapons this is a tempory petition till the offical government one is up and running were if i get 500 signatures or more the government take note of the petition so ill just add the sigs from this to the offical one thanks once again and please spread the word about this  :thanks:
http://www.petitions24.com/change_the_laws_regarding_airguns_to_kill_and_harm_cats_and_dogs

Link to CatChat