Author Topic: Cat Nets  (Read 2777 times)

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
  • A meow massages the heart
  • Slave to: Motown, Drum & our beautiful baby Bass RIP
Re: Cat Nets
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 13:23:15 PM »
So.. our flat cat turned up and I'm pretty pleased with it, it seems pretty strong and the velcro is pretty hardcore.. I don't think the kits could get through it in any time we wouldn't notice that's for sure  ;D
Very fast delivery too...
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2011, 10:05:20 AM »
 :thanks:

That's more or less made my mind up I think... I'll try and get something slightly more robust.. my girls have a bit of a habit of having a good old nosh on everything so I wouldn't fancy this netting's chances  ;)

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2011, 18:28:00 PM »
I've just bought one of these Trixie nets for our new balcony in our loft conversion.  I'd say the jury is definitely out on it.  It's pretty much like the sort of garden net you'd use over your strawberries with the holes maybe 3cm square.  I can easily imagine that mine could burst their way through it without too much effort.  If they are 100% supervised then I think it'd be fine, but I really would close the window the second you walk away, because I do think it's burst-through-able.  It looks to me as if most of the cost of the trixie set is with the series of hooks which come with it for you to screw into the walls to hook the mesh over, the mesh itself isn't hugely robust.

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2011, 10:30:17 AM »
Haha great pic!!

Thanks for this, I think I did see them when I was googling around... I'll definitely look at these ones. My Flat Cat has been shipped so I'll see how that looks on the other window too  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2011, 20:10:21 PM »
Can only find an old pic of where we lived before but you get the idea about how little light they block out etc - have pointed arrow to the window with a screen on...

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2011, 19:43:27 PM »
I have cataire screens on my upstairs windows (I don't open the downstairs ones due to spider phobias anyway!). It's coated fibreglass mesh within a frame that is secured to the window frame with either heavy duty velcro or turnbuttons.

I was worried that the velcro method wouldn't be strong enough but it's good stuff and there are no issues. The mesh is black but it really is un-noticeable and lets 100% light through. I'll try and find some pics....

http://www.cataire.co.uk/

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2011, 17:39:08 PM »
I am sure you can buy flyproofing for the windows online that fit against/into/onto existing windows, dont know cost though.

We dont get this very hot weather grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 14:42:49 PM »
yes securacat is gardens only I think - I've got a cat proof garden as well so haven't ever really tried to do windows although I'm sure people on here have - have you done a search you might come up with an old thread

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 14:30:00 PM »
Yes windows not garden, we only have communal garden space which they use supervised on their harnesses.

I wanted to proof the windows for when they are indoors.

Is it worth me asking Securacat or are they gardens only?

If anyone has bought the Trixie stuff from Zooplus I'd be keen to know... ?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 13:38:55 PM »
you are wanting to catproof windows are you bee?

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 13:35:00 PM »
Thanks Gail - I'll check this stuff out. I think the Zooplus stuff is made by Trixie not securacat...

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 13:18:23 PM »
I have my garden catproofed - using securacat netting - been installed since november 2005 never looked back - best thing I ever did. so if you cat, get your garden catproofed worth every penny.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Bee

• Senior Cat
Cat Nets
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 12:53:50 PM »
Hello!

I’m making good use of the wisdom of you guys, I hope you aren’t sick of me yet!  ;)

I wanted to canvas opinion on cat nets…

We are the hardworking slaves of two deaf indoor cats (except for when they get a little trip out on their leads)

We have purchased a ‘Flat Cat’ screen for the top part of out floor to ceiling window in our first floor flat which we think should be secure enough to allow us to fully open the window on hot days (like yesterday which consisted of the OH following them room to room with water and fans! ;D )  as it’s quite high up and not near any ledges or jump off platforms for Drum and Bass. Does anyone here have one of these?

I also wanted to ask about the cat nets stocked with Zooplus. We also have a large double window which has a cat climbing area in front of it so they can climb high and watch the world go by and on very hot days it would be great to be able to open these too rather than just have them on the latch. Has anyone tried these nets and found them good / terrible?

Just to note they would never be left unsupervised with these windows open, my OH works from home all day from this room.

Thanks for any advice!

Bee

Link to CatChat