Author Topic: Siamese - 12yrs - brought in for PTS but signed over (Grantham area) (Homed)  (Read 7102 times)

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Feral & Stray Foundation
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
Re: Siamese - 12yrs - brought in for PTS but signed over
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 11:43:39 AM »
Hi All,
Many thanks for your replies.
She is currently in the foster home in a village outside Grantham. I can help transport her locally or do a part-run to help her.
The lady has kind of left her to it until she, hopefully, relaxed a bit. She's not forcing herself onto her, and no other cats are nearby, but being outside is far from ideal for her by the sounds of it.
So, yes, she is still looking, ideally, for a home (I'm guessing as an only cat, but not sure as can't assess this at present)
Poor girl, she seems in such good health, but obviously once her elderly owner died, she quickly became unwanted, hence been brought in for PTS.
She must be petrified  :(
Liz
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 10:01:56 AM »
I see from your profile you are in Newark. I happen to know of a retired couple in Newark who lost their much beloved cat a couple of months ago (old age).

I won't chase anything up as I don't want to get things moving to find the cat has been homed somewhere else. If I'm on first shout then I will make some phone calls later today. please either let me know on the forum or by PM.

I will however be out till this afternoon as I started a new job last week which limits my time on here and am in the middle of sorting out mum and 4 seemingly random kittens we picked up from beneath a pile of rotten mattresses yesterday evening!

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 01:07:27 AM »
If she is used to being an indoor cat then she will find it hard in a run -I once took on a Smeeze in a similar situation and once in a home environment she was happy-in fact lived to 21
I may be able to offer a foster or possible (depending on how happy she is in a multi cat home )permanent home but I realise distance may be a problem
also would be able to assess her with other cats of various dispositions including a Samese and the one thing Siamese love is another Siamese- ;)
Valerie and all my pets

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 00:11:24 AM »
Sounds like the cat is a seal  or chocolate point and so sad.

I hope that someone can take her on.

Siamese first reaction to fear and stress is too hide and the lady needs to let her.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 23:19:02 PM »
Whereabouts? I know someone who would never say no to a siamese.... especially an old one.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 23:03:06 PM »
 :( Aww poor girl.  Which area is this please?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 22:52:01 PM »
I have sent a message to someone .... just in case they may be able to help.  No guarantees.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 21:59:53 PM »
How sad. :(

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tagalong

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 21:52:26 PM »
is she being homed through a rescue or is the lady fostering her privately ?
whereabouts is she ?
Valerie and all my pets

Offline MarleyMoo

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Feral & Stray Foundation
  • Slave to: Nina, Nell, Ned, Marley, Twilight, Leon, Forest, Squirrel, Skunk, Gladys, Oscar, HRH Naughty Knickers & Uncle Albert!!
I seem to be on here more and more at the minute... which makes me so sad.  :(
Just had a call from a receptionist at my old vets. A 12 year old Siamese cat needs a home. Her elderly owner has died, and she was brought in for PTS. She is in very good health and the vets got her signed over. She is currently in short-term foster care, but is in an outdoor run as space is an issue. The details I have about her are:
Breed: Siamese (brown/cream I believe she said. Sorry, not knowledgeable about the different colours)
Sex: Female, neutered
Vacc: Fully vaccinated
Chip: microchipped
There are no problems at all health-wise, other than she sounds a little overweight. A full history can be given from the vets where she was registered.
She's hissing at the lady fostering her, but more out of complete fear than aggression, as she keeps looking for somewhere to hide. She's also only eating on a night, not through the day, so she sounds like one sad/stressed little older lady. She's lived with a dog, but not sure about how she is with other cats. She has a letter signing her over to the foster lady.
I am awaiting some photos of her, so will post when I can get them. The foster lady is not digital/computer savvy, so she's sending me the memory card, bless her.
If anyone can help with this lady, let me know. She is not at risk, but the foster lady has a lot of rescue cats that had their cards marked for PTS, so she really can only foster her short-term, and this is outdoors.
Many thanks
Liz
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 08:58:57 AM by Janeyk »
Feral & Stray Foundation
Visit us at Facebook!

Link to CatChat