Author Topic: Anything else I can do????  (Read 1452 times)

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Re: Anything else I can do????
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 19:24:45 PM »
I know!!!!!!!!!

It's so odd because on parts of the rescue's website there is some really sensible ideas about cat welfare and she obviously knows about cats, but just to have such a lack of awareness about such things astounds me.

I know I can't change anything, but it really is so frustrating!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Anything else I can do????
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 19:07:14 PM »
To some people,money's more important than lives,i'm afraid. It's so frustrating isn't it? >:(

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Anything else I can do????
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 19:03:00 PM »
Some of you might remember a few weeks ago that I was looking into a particularly nasty 'rescue' who are selling on cats, encourging breeding etc and now just look at this advert from ***tree...

Ginger tabby Manx male, protected against fleas and worms, and litter trained.
16 weeks.
For those that don't know what a Manx is, it is a cat without a tail.
Worth more than £400.

Russian Blue x Siamese middlehair, female, protected against fleas and worms, and litter trained.
6 months.
Worth more than £300.

Both very friendly, both brilliant with children, very quiet breeds, very clean.

Male manx £75 ono

Female middlehair £75 ono

Not related. Would make excellent parents, beautiful kittens. They've lived together since they were young, and I'll cut a break for someone if they'd like both.

I mean words fail me!

I got the environmental health involved who also got an RSPCA officer to go round, but they didn't do much apart from say that it's better practice to neuter before re-homing. I'm guessing that there's nothing really I can do, but Bradford is such a horrific city for cats and kittens and she's just making it worse.

My co-ordinator said that she'd very much delight in going round with a boxful of dying kittens to show just exactly the damage indiscriminate breeding can do........

Sorry for ranting, but i'm SO angry I could cry!!!!!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Link to CatChat