Author Topic: Help needed for adding pics!  (Read 2338 times)

Offline lindac

• Adult Cat
  • Winnie[tabby]Suki[black&wh]Flash[white]RIP Lulu x
  • Slave to: Winnie, Suki, Flash
Re: Help needed for adding pics!
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2011, 19:03:25 PM »
 :Flowers: Thank you Helen they look fantastic. I can see what you mean about the horizontal ones. I will have to take some more pics of my 3 to get some verticals as most that I have are horizontal! Dont want to trouble you much more but is it possible for me to put their names on the pics? :thanks: so much for doing that for me :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2011, 17:39:05 PM »
Here you go... Although the pics display OK on a thread, when you put it on your profile pic the horizontal landscape pics don't display very well so if you have any vertical/portrait pics you want to change them for just let me know, only takes a few secs to make one  ;D

Go to profile>forum profile>check the button 'specify avatar by URL'>paste this code in http://i.picasion.com/pic40/ff26e7d974fcb9c3525d9b8aad6e7a84.gif  then click change profile at bottom.

Offline lindac

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 14:13:05 PM »
Hi Helen and Angie, hope I have it right this time, the first 4 would be great if you cant fit them all in..... and  :thanks: again :)

Offline lindac

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 13:51:15 PM »
Thanks Angie will do :)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 13:50:10 PM »
hi that won't give helen what she needs I'm afraid. Go to you photobucket photos and hover on the photo, you should then see some links appear and you want to hover over the img one, and copy the whole address then put that in your message.

Offline lindac

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2011, 13:47:49 PM »
Forgot to add Helen, how many pics are you able to do and have I sent you too many, if so then if you could possibly do the first 4 of the images then that would be great, thanks again :)

Offline lindac

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2011, 13:45:17 PM »
Hi Helen, here are the image codes but I have a feeling they are probably not what you require. Photobucket options are: Direct Link, HTML Thumb or IMG Thumb URL  if the below arnt correct could you let me know which of the above three you need me to send. Thankyou so much and hope Im not being too much of a pain :)
IMG_3334.jpg IMG_2764.jpg IMG_3932.jpg IMG_3931.jpg IMG_3667.jpg IMG_3917.jpg IMG_3913.jpg

Offline lindac

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2011, 02:05:34 AM »
 :thanks: Helen, will have a go at copy and pasting tomorrow but I must warn you that Im not very good when it comes to the technical stuff !  :-:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 17:07:40 PM »
If you post the pics you want on it in this thread (copy and paste the IMG code from photobucket) then I can take them from there and make the gif file. I'll then let you know what the gif code is and you insert it in your profile - simples ;D

The Purrs avatar pics are square so upright/vertical pics display better than horizonatl/landscape one...

Offline lindac

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 17:00:13 PM »
 :thanks: so much for the help Helen, I have managed to do the avatar pic.  It would be great if you could make me a flashy gif file then I could show all three of my little darlings instead of just Winnie. Please let me know what you need me to do to enable you to do this for me. :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 16:41:03 PM »
If you want a photo in your profile (an avatar - the little pic under your name on every post) then hover over the 'Profile' button (in menu bar near top of page) and select 'Forum Profile'. At the top option there is 'Personalized picture', check the middle option 'specify avatar by URL'. Copy and paste your photobucket code into that box. When you hover over a photobucket pic it gives you a list of codes - the one you want is the 'direct link' one.

If you were posting pics in your thread (hint, hint) then you select the 'IMG code' one and paste that into your post.

You can only have one pic in your avatar unless you make a flashy gif file of a compilation of pics. IF you wanted one of those I'd be happy to make you one  :)

Offline lindac

• Adult Cat
Help needed for adding pics!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 16:29:01 PM »
have been trying to add pics without success could someone please give me some step by step instructions, I have managed to upload my pics to 'photobucket', but how do I add them to my profile from there? Please bear in mind that I am no computer whizz!! :doh:

Link to CatChat