Author Topic: Congleton: Indoor home needed for 3yr old FIV+ (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 7952 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Congleton: Indoor home needed for 3yr old FIV+ (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 07:19:37 AM »
As there have been no updates I'll move to sorted now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Any news please?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Congleton: Indoor forever home needed for 3yr old FIV+ "George the Spare Cat"
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2012, 14:56:08 PM »
Ok thanks for the update, I'll leave in this section.

Did you ever contact rescues in your area?  here's the list again: 

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

You really should do that if he still needs a home, ring round them all but just ensure they are FIV friendly.  You could even ask for a 'direct rehoming' where they'll advertise him for you and source the perfect home, but he remains with you until that time, but definitely get him on a waiting list, and best of luck  :hug:

Offline Bumblebeth

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Jock and George The Spare Cat
Re: Congleton: Indoor forever home needed for 3yr old FIV+ "George the Spare Cat"
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 12:38:04 PM »
Hi, Spare Cat is still with us. He and Jock still fight a lot, we've got a laser pen which he loves, and a couple of friends have offered him a home, but they have dogs and he is terrified of dogs. We still desperately need an indoor forever home for him.
Beth

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 07:28:10 AM »
Any news please?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Ok thanks I'll leave in this section then

Offline Bumblebeth

• Kitten
Hi all - Spare Cat is still here. The fur on his tail has all grown back now so he's looking his normal handsome self again  :)

My friend has a laid back cat so suggested that she take Spare Cat for a couple of days while she was off and could monitor them properly. Spare Cat was very frightened and stayed under her bed for the first day - I had to go over and coax him out. I put him on the settee, showed him the litter and gave him treats and then he was a completely different cat.

He settled perfectly, sat on the settee with the other cat and no sign of aggression whatsoever - he was docile, and friendly. She said he came on the bed with her and the other cat in the morning and they were great together. As she's got a small flat, there's no room for 2 cats so he had to come home to us. But at least we now know he'll be fine with other cats as long as they are not aggressive like our Jock.

It's Jock that's the problem, not Spare Cat. I'm still looking for a forever home for him - they are not fighting as much, but it's nasty when they do.
Beth

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Any news please?

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Have you contacted rescues in the area? you could ask for a direct rehoming if they are full so he stays with you until a loving forever home is found?  If you do contact them though ensure they are FIV friendly,

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

He's gorgeous btw  :Luv:
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 19:05:31 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Bumblebeth

• Kitten
Hi - Spare Cat is still with me. The bigger cat bit his tail in a fight and it got badly infected. He looks like a poodle at the moment poor sweetheart as the vet had to shave round the tail to find the fang bites. A course of antibiotics and careful cleaning  have sorted this out, but it just highlights how desperately he needs a new home.

I've taken the action of putting a bell and collar on both of them so they can hear where the other is, this has reduced the amount of fights, but makes a real din when they are fighting.

He's started to use the scratching pole now too - this is new and I'm absolutely delighted. He is so affectionate, loves his food, never meows, has a cute noise when he wants your attention, always sits on my knee and follows me around like a shadow. I've put his bad beside my bed and he sleeps  there every night - he has a slight snore which is so cute.

The food he adores is Felix 'as good as it looks' pouches - he properly tucks into it. I so wish I could keep him - it will break my heart when he goes, but he has to be rehomed. He hates dogs - absolutely terrified of them. Best to be an only cat with someone who can spend a lot of time with him and love him completely.

Beth
Beth

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Any news please?

Offline Bumblebeth

• Kitten
Thank you for all your kind words - very supportive and encouraging. your pictures of your own little treasures are stunning too. I'll keep you informed. He really needs a home with a devoted and dedicated Mom or Dad.

Beth. xxx
Beth

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
What a lovely boy, he was lucky to have found you and that you didn't give up on him  :hug: Hope he can find a fab home, it might be worth putting a notice in your local vets about him if they'll let you.

:luck:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
he's lovely x hope he's finds somewhere soon x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
He's gorgeous, and I hope you find a wonderful home for him  :hug:

Big black FIV boys, I'll always have a soft spot for them  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Bumblebeth

• Kitten
Thanks hon :-)
Beth

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Must not have scrolled that far  :-[

He is very handsome  ;D

Offline Bumblebeth

• Kitten
There's a pic at the bottom hon - on my windowsill. Thanks for your kind words. xx
Beth

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
He sounds lovely and hope he gets a lovely home soon, a picture would be a good idea  :hug:

Offline Bumblebeth

• Kitten
Congleton: Indoor home needed for 3yr old FIV+ (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 16:50:15 PM »
A very frightened, bright orange, flea infested, mangy, skinny, and starving tom cat turned up when all the snow defrosted last year. My neighbour and I put food out and eventually he started to eat with us present. This took months.

He never took shelter outside - our gardens are on the edge of woods, and he used to just lie in the grass in all weathers poor love.

With patience he started to trust us to stroke him while he was eating - and by accident, instead of saying the stray cat, I said 'Spare Cat' which my neighbour found hilarious and so he was named 'Spare Cat'! We tried calling him George, but this became George the Spare Cat - and so it is to this day.

About August time I coaxed him into my kitchen, put flea treatment on him and a collar with a tag asking anyone if this was their cat to contact me. He was terrified when I shut the door poor sweetheart. I wasn't sure if he would come back - but he was starving so he came back.

In September, I had no word, so I took him the the RSPCA who wormed, vaccinated, spayed and generally checked him over. There was no microchip, but the blood test came back as FIV+.

We were gutted as we were going to keep him as an outside cat between us, build him a house and everything, but now he needed to be a house cat. I already have an FIV+ tom, so I kinda acquired him. I couldn't let them put him down - after all, we saved his life.

George and my other cat (Jock) do not get on. George is brilliant now - a little overweight if anything, his orange fur has turned black with just a rusty tinge you can see in the sunlight and the condition of his fur is silky and smooth.

With hard work, patience, love and affection he has turned into a re-homable cat. We even had to teach him how to play with toys as he had no idea poor love. Just ran away from toys.

He now comes on my knee voluntarily and even comes to wake me up in the morning for food. He's getting so confident, although is still a little timid at times. He's adapted to a house full of people when we have visitors really well and is a stunning boy.

However, Jock hates him. George is often wounded poor love, and although I have tried everything to help them get on, its not fair he stays with Jock so I need to find him a home. He's such a special boy and I will be devastated when he goes.

Is there anyone with a quiet house, no dogs as he's terrified of them, but maybe also as the only cat who will be the centre of attention and affection? Someone experienced with cats, and has time to spend with him and treat him.

He eats Felix 'As Good as it Looks' pouches - I mix up some James' Well Beloved Dry food to make him eat dry with the wet too.

He has a gentle nature and would follow you about the house when he's awake - he is so sociable now. I've put hours and hours of love into him and he's wonderful. He can tend to get frightened sometimes, but he always comes round.

Please can anyone help me with my boy? The RSPCA reckon he is about 2 - 4 yrs of age. He has no other medical condition and I have his bed, and favourite toys and litter tray that will go with him so it's familiar to him.

BUT please stay in touch with me and let me know how he is. It is with great reluctance that I have to let him go, but it's not fair on him to keep getting bullied and mauled by Jock.

Many thanks,

Beth from Congleton, Cheshire.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:18:59 AM by Janeyk »
Beth

Link to CatChat