Author Topic: Head twitching  (Read 2100 times)

Offline Jo2705

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Rez, Freddie and Shanti. Missing Trent every day
Re: Head twitching
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 18:16:36 PM »
thanks everyone

up to now he's had no further twitching.....but i did catch him having a damn good scratch at one ear later that morning (cant see anything in there and he hasnt done it since)....he's fine, still eating etc so i'm planning on taking him for an MOT anyway at the end of the week unless anything else happens before then

:)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 22:02:54 PM »
My cat Franta does this but he also has seizures sometimes, and he is jumping at me even opening a pouch of food.

I would definately have a word with your vet.

Its always best to check, Franta is not epileptic but its thought he has an abcess on the front of his brain and when it gets big he has seizures. Its effectively a brain infection and when he has seizures I inject him with a very powerful anti biotic that gets into the brain.

His last seizures were in November and has been doing this ever since, he is 17 1/2 yrs.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 09:40:07 AM »
Even a call to your vet can help. But a check up's not a bad idea if you're concerned. Let us know how he gets on. :)

Welcome to Purrs, Jo. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 09:21:06 AM »
I think with anything new its always worth checking with the vet, hopefully its nothing but always best to be sure

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 09:20:02 AM »
I dont know if your panicing about nothing Im afraid, but some people could describe what you saw as a mild fit of some sort, people who have experienced this could inform you more on what to look out for  :) Ive never been through this with my cats but Id say best to give the vet a ring and express your concerns, nobody here is a vet so best off to get the correct info from the start if it is something else going on  :)
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 09:16:52 AM »
Welcome to Purrs  :welcome:

No sorry can't think of what it might be apart from something in his ear not obvious to the naked eye.  It would be best to get vet to take a look as they have instruments that help them see quite deep into the ear.  The fact that you liken it to Parkinsons tremors suggests that something's not right  :-:

Offline Jo2705

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Rez, Freddie and Shanti. Missing Trent every day
Head twitching
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 09:09:55 AM »
Hi Everyone

I need some advice please.

This morning my 14 year old cat's head was twitching - the best way to describe it is to say it looked like parkinson's. He wasnt trying to scratch his ears and i have checked for ear mite signs and cant see anything. It lasted about half an hour intermittently and now seems to have stopped (fingers crossed)
He's not showing any other symptoms, eating as normal and no litter tray issues, not wobbly on his feet or anything
His littermate passed away a couple of weeks ago from kidney failure i dont know if this is relevant, and he's an indoor only cat

Any ideas what it could be? I've never seen him do it before - am i panicking about nothing?!

Link to CatChat