Author Topic: RSPCA Bradford, a change of policy  (Read 5805 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: RSPCA Bradford, a change of policy
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 14:23:58 PM »
Well it seems I was misled back in 2009 :shify:
"Until quite recently, this centred only allowed the rehoming of cats as indoor cats if their health issues dictated, they had grown up as indoor
cats or the cat itself didn't like to venture outside. In addition, we now find we have cats that have lived with us since being tiny kittens who have never been outside other than their own yard."

Note that I was clear I was happy to adopt a cat with health issues, giving the examples of deafness or FIV.  :shocked:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 01:31:43 AM »
Definitely a positive change. I personally think indoor cats should be encouraged, but then I am biased (with good reason...have lost a cat to the roads and it broke my heart). I know not all cats are suited to indoor life and its not always possible. Glad RSPCA Bradford have chosen to no longer rule out indoor homes, will hopefully see more furries in new homes :D
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 15:20:39 PM »
It did seem like a bizarre policy because it meant a blanket ban on adopting for entire communities - those that are situated close to a busy road, apartments (there are ~1000 residents in the city centre alone), estates where there are ASBOs. Maybe this will be one of the positive things to come our of the recession? :shy:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 11:18:29 AM »
exactly as it should be

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:12:52 AM »
Thats good  ;D

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
RSPCA Bradford, a change of policy
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 11:07:14 AM »
Some of you may recall me saying the RSPCA Bradford were scathing about indoor cats in 2009, but I noticed they have reduced their adoption fee by 50% for adult cats. So I asked if the policy had changed ....
"Yes, the policy has been reviewed. Each cat is assessed depending on its background and behaviour and many are now allowed to be adopted as indoor pets. When in the cattery for viewing, they are labelled if this is the case."
Lulu's Catbook

Link to CatChat