Author Topic: Unneutered 2-3 yr Black and White boy living outside at the moment (Birmingham) (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 5891 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
As there have been no updates will move this to sorted now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
I have a black cat called Choccie - Tabby called Mr Tabbs  (who hate each other) another Tabby no name as yet. All un-neutered. And a black & white long haired girl, who over the past 2 weeks is a lot slimmer than she was  :scared:.  It is the  :bum: holes round us.   As you know mine are all 'sorted' and fenced in. All I can do is feed the un-homed to keep their tummies filled, they have a little house out the front but dont use it  :(.   I will be worried when we are away over Easter, so leave food with next door, to pop round to feed them (mine are boarded)

I feel terrible for my last post - someone thinking I am against neutering. You must be joking, It is my No1 prioty. And I wouldnt have 3 toms sniffing found poor Millie (I have just given her that name, I have to call her something)

A Meow Massages your heart.

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
WHY do people get their cats neutered - I have a black cat that I feed un-neutered, also a lovely tabby un-neutered. It makes me so angry.

OMG that should of been why do people NOT get them neutered.  I know most of you know that is what I ment.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Any news on either of these two, Dawn?

There is another lady advertising her 'friends' cat free to good home now too! 16 yr old female cat, needs to be rehomed as her owner is moving in with a partner who is allergic.

How can you get rid of your friend of 16 years? >:(

I don't know either.  I bet her relationship with the partner lasts less than 16 years!

I hate the baby replacing cat scanario.  There's an ad on our work intranet at the moment looking to rehome 2 8 year old cats.  It starts off by saying child is allergic and having problems with sore eyes and asthma.  That doesn't sound totally unreasonable but it then goes on to say that also have 6  month old baby and "I'm concerned for their general health with the cats being there"  >:(

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
You do indeed and Gail is one of our original members who came from CC with us  ;D

I did see how many posts she had so presumed it must have been totally out of character for a cat lover and member of this forum to say, hence my rather mad conclusion :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
You do indeed and Gail is one of our original members who came from CC with us  ;D

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
WHY do people get their cats neutered - I have a black cat that I feed un-neutered, also a lovely tabby un-neutered. It makes me so angry.

Oh- I did find that a bit odd too when i read it- thinking how come Gail had lasted so long on this forum with such a viewpoint then i came to the conclusion that a nutter had hacked her account and was impersonating her :Crazy:
I do have quite an active imagination :-[

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
I think there was a typo in Gails post and the 'not' didnt come out.........always happenig to me and when reading back you read what you thought you typed  :rofl:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
Why do they get them neutered? http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,4787.0.html

Why wouldn't you??

Hope you manage to get them sorted soon Dawn.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 17:50:34 PM by AliCat - NSKN »

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Good luck! :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
The lady who advertised him hasnt actually replied to either of my mails, the only contact I had was with the other lady who was going to take him on but has now changed her mind!!

I will email the lady with the B&W cat again today though and ask about the chip and if he is neutered.

Edit: just mailed her will let you know  :shify: wish I could pop over to her dept today but I have meetings all day
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 09:17:58 AM by Cheesecat »
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

• Hero Cat
Oh Rosella your little chap sounds soo like my moms cat Bear- she arrived back home last week from my house and he prompty peed on her suitcase :rofl:
he terrorizes her but she loves him to peices despite his rather odd ways and would never get rid!

there is a black and white cat on a site thats just gone up , wondered if that was him either, if so he looks adorable, if not its yet another in birmingham! :-[

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
I simply don't understand someone that can discard a warm, breathing creature they have shared their home with. 

Our Freddie pees everywhere (kidney and HyperT ishoos).  Insists on being let in and out of front door about 50 times a day and generally flips his lid at any closed doors.  Squeaks for sessions lasting 15 or so mins about 10 times a night and regularly throughout the day if I'm around.  Will not eat unless I am with him and then for only a few mouthfuls at a time so it takes at least 30 mins for him to eat a decent meal.  Bites my hands while I'm trying to sleep insisting he is starving!!!! then walks away after I've got up to feed him.  Chases all of the others upsetting Ruby in particular trying to chew her with his gums (OK so he has two teeth).

I am not a patient person but I really do love him and kissed his beautiful head and told him how clever he was on returning home to find he'd just pee'd on his newspaper spot.  Like all our furry friends, he means everything to us.  We moan but we (OH too) would never part with him for the world and simply cannot understand anyone that would feel differently.

I wish I had space for another but really don't have space to settle another one in.  Very much hope someone turns up to home this boy.  Did the lady take him to vet to check for a chip Dawn? and did vet confirm he was not neutered.  I still wonder if there is any chance this might be the same B&W boy I mentioned earlier altho long shot I know......
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 22:34:08 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
There is another lady advertising her 'friends' cat free to good home now too! 16 yr old female cat, needs to be rehomed as her owner is moving in with a partner who is allergic.

My thoughts exactly. I typed a cutting reply a few times and deleted it in the end as these people think they are justified no matter what anyone else says.

Its so sad. Poor kitty was only their friend until a 'better offer' came along.  :(

Mittens that is so so sad  :'( I really had to hold off putting up a general 'thinking of getting a cat?' post on our work e-messageboard and saying that if you are, you should be prepared for them to join your family forever and not get rid of them in a few months/years cause 'your partner is pregnant/has an allergy/you cant be bothered finding rented accommodation that allows pets/you want a dog/you got a kitten'

:censored:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 19:38:17 PM by Cheesecat »
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

• Hero Cat
 oh lord i feel terrible now- If it was up to me only i would say yes but the oh said i can get another kitten the same age as georgia and my daughter is against having a boy (persumably in case it molests georgia :Crazy:)
In the future maybe things may be better so i can start fostering at least or something, at the minute im in the process of redoing whole garden so that Georgia is able to go out in safety ..hopefully not till shes neutered as i get a lot of cats roaming through so even though i have high fencing they are attracted by the jungle i think, its all getting levelled etc so im hoping to get some good weather to get cracking!.
I feel really bad for him now, Its not a good world when people can just do this when they get bored :(
I dont know if anyone saw the post on gumtree about a person who found a box of kittens yesterday near a main road- they left a lengthy message about the cruelty of people who would do such a thing and i dont blame them for posting it!!
jo
x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat

:(
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Poor boy, I feel soooo sorry for cats that don't have the creature comforts that ours do  :( Hope he can find a home soon  :hug:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
Are you sure you're not broody for a b&w boy?  ;)

The lady who said she would adopt him from work has now said her husband and son have decided they want a dog instead!!  :tired:

• Hero Cat
thats good news at least! you are a star helping her out!!
i too am kitten broody!! i want a friend for georgia, im taking her to start her jabs this week and then going to start searching as would love another female to keep her company..and me!!  :Luv:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
Good news on the original cat! (this is all moving so fast this morning!!) the lady is going to take him to the vets to check for a chip. If he doesnt have one, another lady from work says she will adopt him  ;D (keeps calling him 'it' though - total peeve of mine)

I've offered the potential new-meowmy the offer of a CP voucher to make sure she gets him 'done' and she is really thankful and says she will let me know! Phew!

mittens, very true and very sad. My cats are my family as I am sure many on here (if not all) would agree. A baby coming along is just another addition to that family and not an either/or! not that I am feeling broody for anything other than furbabies at the moment  :Luv2:

« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 09:56:34 AM by Cheesecat »

• Hero Cat
I have noticed that a lot-it seems people get a cat which is there baby then when they get pregnant it reverts to being "just a cat" and is promtly chucked out :'(
i saw an ad the other day and a woman was getting rid as her sister had a baby who was now allergic :Crazy:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
There is another lady advertising her 'friends' cat free to good home now too! 16 yr old female cat, needs to be rehomed as her owner is moving in with a partner who is allergic. I sent qa message asking if they tried allergy remedies as I used to be allergic to cats and now have 4, but apparently she is pregnant so doesn't want to try that.

In other words, baby in - cat out. same old, same old.  :censored:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
 :thanks: for the advice!

I have emailed the lady with the cats protection telephone number so she can see if he's been reported as lost. I also asked if she would be able to take him to the vets if I can get her a CP voucher.

Have also offered to email/call rescues on her behalf. She ignored my last message so am hoping she'll reply this time  ;)

• Hero Cat
Im in Northfield by coincidence!
I would consider himself but i have a young kitten and small children so it may not be the best enviroment for him really- not that living outside is of course!
When I finish in my back garden i may be in a better position although ideally im hoping to set up a little kind of safe haven where the ferals can stop off for food, a warm place to nap etc ideally.
I hope he does get help asap though- its just not right. :-[

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Definitely. Hope this boy gets as lucky as your seven, Rosella. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Perhaps you could suggest she checks with CP to see if he has been reported lost.  Long story but very cute B&W cat about same age was a stray in a colleagues area recently (Northfield near Kings Norton).  She found owner on CP "lost" website but have checked and he doesn't seem to be on the website now.  He'd been missing for months and had originally been indoor only  :( :(  .  Owner's OH came to collect without a carrier and he escaped again.  >:(  Also a loud meower and very friendly when fed

ETA Thinking about it, this B&W was neutered I believe but not microchipped.  I assume she knows what unneutered looks like?  :shify:

BTW  TKS, our 7 live the life of Riley  ..... in Brum  ;)  Uncaring pet owners are everywhere..... but thankfully so are us lot   :hug:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 23:11:21 PM by Rosella moggy »

• Hero Cat
i dont know whats wrong with people in Birmingham, although im sure its not just here. The kitten i got 3 weeks ago was going to be dumped outside RSPCA, the kitten i found on fri was only 4 months old the vet said and wandering the streets living out of bins, he must have been a family pet as he was so cuddly-thankfully the vet gave him a home so at least thats another kitten rescued but for the older cats they seem to be treat horrible here!
this woman sounds terrible you cant not look after your cat as you have a dog-it makes no sense :(
i saw one cat advertised-she was only one and had already had 2 litters! i didnt know that was possible till now, she was only a baby herself-still un neatured of course

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Good on you for caring Dawn  :hug:

I wonder if you could get a voucher for her from CP whether she would get him 'done' whilst trying to find a home for him? I know we shouldn't spoon feed irresponsible people but if she's unlikely to do it could you email local rescues to see if they might have a space for him?

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
I dont know if this is urgent but I thought seeing as he is living outside in the cold it might be?? :(
I'm posting about a 2-3 yr old unneutered boy.

I dont know if anyone can help  A woman posted an advert on our works e-messageboard advertising this poor baby as a 'free cat' :(

All I know is that he is 2-3 years old and is currently living outside - although meowing to get into this ladies house as she says she was feeding him but now has a dog so she cant? (not sure why she cant provide warmth and food outside for him for now though :( )

I suspect he is hers and she wants 'rid' now the dog has been adopted as she has advertised that he comes with a weeks worth of food etc and that he is unneutered but 'clean'.

if I remember correctly he is in the Kings Norton area of bham - I can check tomorrow. I did message the woman and ask her to phone rescues from catchat but I doubt she has and shes ignored my message. (maybe I shouldnt have added the bit about saying I felt sorry for him being advertised as free - it just sounds so heartless like he is unwanted furniture or something!)

Any ideas I can pass along would be great. As she is based in my work somewhere if she ignores me I will find out her department and go there if needs be.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 07:22:09 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat