Author Topic: 6 cats till new puppy came and now theres only 2 cats left :(  (Read 2266 times)

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
Re: 6 cats till new puppy came and now theres only 2 cats left :(
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2007, 20:51:18 PM »
awwww the video is fab lol
ur dogs n cats r lovely  :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Borderdawn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 19:11:21 PM »
Mmmm you cant tell people what to do with their pets, just offer them some advice, by telling them it will only cause them to react badly to you. 

I persoanlly have never had a problem introducing dogs to cats or vice versa.  I have just bought another puppy and the Cats are fine with him.  the two BSH's were wary never having seen a puppy, but they have a tall scratching tower they can get on, which now after a week they dont need to as the harrass and chase and play with the pup like they always have the other dogs.  A bit of control and teaching the puppy manners will work, you cant expect a puppy to know he cant chase especially a Terrier, likewise with a cat that hasnt seen dogs, you cant expect them to accept them straight away.

This was the day after "Orey" arrived here, look how "bothered" the Cats are!!
dawn.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v336/dawnieb/?action=view&current=08-04-07_0459.flv

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 14:32:26 PM »
This gets worse!
They think that animals are disposable items: if you don't like the colour, get another. When you say "getting rid of the first puppy" what exactly do you mean? Taking it to the RSPCA? Dumping it on the street? Giving it away?
The mind boggles!

I Guess they would either sale the pup or give it away  :( :( :( :(

mark my words and see they will do exactly the same with this new puppy in the end too
they r both out at work all day they dont have the time for a puppy
god knows why they bought one never mind two

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 14:28:59 PM »

It can be done but it would appear in your boyfriend parents case Lisa, that they really didn't want to

Its my sisters bf`s parents
not my bfs parents
his parents are no longer with us they were good people .

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 14:23:12 PM »
I do agree with what Hippy Kitty said.
 I do know though you can introduce cats to a new dog.  We got Izzy last year when we brought her home from the rescue.  The cats went mad. :Crazy: and promptly disappeared over the garden  wall.  You could see the three little heads looking over to see if the coast was clear. You could almost imagine a cartoon with them having tin helmets on their heads saying to the youngest "go on do your duty sort the enemy out" After a few days the cats realised they were the boss and now Izzy is their abject slave.

It can be done but it would appear in your boyfriend parents case Lisa, that they really didn't want to

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 14:14:55 PM »
This gets worse!
They think that animals are disposable items: if you don't like the colour, get another. When you say "getting rid of the first puppy" what exactly do you mean? Taking it to the RSPCA? Dumping it on the street? Giving it away?
The mind boggles!
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 14:02:28 PM »
i was quite shocked when i found out that all 3 had run away  it breaks my heart to think of them out there somewhere with no one or nothing  :( obviously the woman and guy  dont care though

i think its just a case of they dont know what they want to b honest as i heard this morning that they r now thinking of getting rid of the first puppy as shes too  manic and keeping the second one because he seems very laid bk
it all seems an awful shame to me
i dont know why they wanted a dog anyway as they r both at work all day  :(

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 14:00:30 PM »
 :gpoint:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 13:46:23 PM »
Sorry if I sound very cynical, but I'm a bit suspicious about that story. I wonder if the husband is a 'dog man' and doesn't like cats too much. So he got the Jack Russell and mysteriously the cats have been disappearing. I can't help but wonder whether they've really run away, or been 'spirited away' by the husband!

Perhaps that's just the way my mind works. But this just sounds odd: dogs in; cats out.  :um:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 12:55:33 PM »
I think it is possible to introduce them successfully, if you take it slowly.

We had two cats and a dog - had the dog first, and introduced the cats after.  They all got on well. 

Then, we lost one of the cats and shortly after the dog  (who was elderly) had to be PTS, leaving just Paddy on his own.  Paddy actually missed our dog more than he did his little feline brother (who he saw as a bit of a rival      >:( ).

We were without a dog for two years, when we decided to get another.  Thankfully Paddy didn't have any issues with Tess - he finds her a bit of a Big Girl's Blouse, but he's also quite fond of her, and they do play together.

Also my step-daughter's jack russell comes to stay from time to time, and Paddy's fine with him too.   George, (the Jack Russell) is fairly sensible and knows cats scratch - though thankfully Paddy's never had to do more than glare at him to get the message across.

I do sympathise though - cats often will leave a home if they're not happy.  We had one who lived with us for almost two years 'cos he didn't like the set up at his proper home.

Offline Lindyloo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 12:21:42 PM »
Hi, We had 4 cats and successfully introduced a puppy. We chose a puppy from a home with cats, a quiet natured puppy and we introduced it slowly and carefully.  We kept the puppy in  an indoor kennel for several weeks  only allowing it out under our supervision. The dog is now 2 years old and they all get on great. We only have 3 cats now, one died of old age. It does take patience and effort, you should not just let them loose together.

• Super Cat
6 cats till new puppy came and now theres only 2 cats left :(
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 12:02:34 PM »
My sisters bf`s mum had 6 cats last time i saw her , in january her hubby bought her a jack russel pup for her 50th birthday ,this didnt go down to well with the cats they were all terrified of the puppy  :(
3 out of her 6 cats have left home and run away because they hated the puppy so much
and one had to b pts as it was old and very ill , she now only has two cats left both hardly come indoors because of the puppy and guess what ........they went and got anther jack russel pup on saturday  :(
i feel very sad that 3 cats choose to run away from there home
and even more sad that instead of the owners doing something they instead went and got another pup ,
id never ever do anything that made my cats feel uncomfortable  and afraid never !

also i wonder why it is that if u have a cat first then get a pup/dog the cats wont accept it
yet if u have the dog first then get a cat they r fine once theyve got use to each other , for example if i had a bigger house and wanted a second dog id not be able to as i know my cats would not tolerate it at all , last xmas my mum brought her dog in to mine for the first time and my cats were really scared and she had to leave after two minutes ,same as my mums cats live with a dog but if i was to go up with my dog they would be terrified of him .

Link to CatChat