Author Topic: GYPSY FUNNY FACE has gone missed in Kempston, Bedford area on 29th December 2010  (Read 8383 times)

Offline Oana

• Kitten
  • Slave to: GYPSY Funny Face, Hamster Cheeks Puc Puc (RIP); Alfie, Tiny & Ginger, should they live 100 years!
PLEASE HELP US FINDING HIM!!!! :'(

He's a POOR, THIN cat, grey coloured, with darker grey spots and stripes on the back, white nose, white paws, white legs, white belly, and a tiger grey tail. Belongs to the neighbours who neglected him completely that's why we were feeding him and he was spending the days in our house sleeping choosing whatever bed he wanted. He barely managed to put some weight on since we started feeding him, and now HE'S LOST since 29th December 2010, following his owners who were going to watch the football in a pub in Bedford or Kempston area.
They stated the last time Gypsy's been seen was by the River Ouse, Wooden Bridge, the way to Queenspark Area, Bedford, possibly by the brewery, by the owners' last statement!!!, but the exact point where he's been gone we don't know.
he has NO COLLAR, is NO MICROCHIPPED, is NO NEUTERED.
PLEASE, if you see such a cat, don't hesitate in writing me at OanaNiculae33@yahoo.co.uk or call me at 07964051422 OR 01234406971. We want to adopt him for good, and offer him a lovely warm home!!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!  :thanks: :( :'(
Oana

Offline Oana

• Kitten
  • Slave to: GYPSY Funny Face, Hamster Cheeks Puc Puc (RIP); Alfie, Tiny & Ginger, should they live 100 years!
Steff, thank you very much for that!! But he's grey, I'm afraid... It could help though if you pass me the number, especially I have been notified by animalsearch.co.uk that TINKER who's black and white and 13 years old has been missed in the same area, probably it could be him!! I'm afraid is not Gypsy Funny Face though... :( Pass me the number, please, I shall get hold of them ASAP and see what's about... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
xxxx
Oana

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
Hi Oana

He couldn't be mistaken for a black and white cat could he? In the beds on sunday today, someone has advertised a b&w male cat found in queens park over the xmas period. May be worth calling just in case. I can PM you the number x
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Oana

• Kitten
And... OF COURSE, as soon as our Funny Face (we were calling him so, because he's got indeed a lovely funny face) will be back... he'll definitely be neutered, micro chipped, de-wormed, and he'll be in OUR HOME for good!!! And NO WAY to get missed from then on!!!! Whatever his owners say or do... :(
Oana

Offline Oana

• Kitten
We've been around the area... :( calling him at night... asking people... NOTHING. No one had seen him or any cat looking like him... :(
I fear for the worst already... if he drawn in the river... or... if wondering through fields, through Queens Park area of Bedford... we REALLY don't know where to look for him!!! Or... by the opposite side of Kempston, past the King William's pub...
The trouble is... as he's so THIN... he probably hasn't got too many physical resources to live: there are 10 days already since he's gone missed, and it seems we can't get any more information and details from his owners...

Thank you, Steff, for all the efforts, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! The hope dies last... :(
xxxx
Oana

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Tryed to combine the threads and failed grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I've merged the threads now  :hug:

So sorry this cat is missing, do follow the lost cat advice here: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,305.0.html

Poor puss, he's probably out finding a mate if unneutered, so please get him done as soon as you find him, fingers crossed that's soon  :hug:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 07:24:24 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
Hi Oana

Didn't even think of that being a problem with the posters *doh* but I did have another thought when I was making dinner. First of all, how about speaking to other neigbours if they are friendly and see if they have noticed that Gypsy hasn't been around for a while and ask them to keep an eye out. Then to cover further afield and in the direction he was following his neighbours go knocking door to door (not on your own but with a partner or friend), explain the situation about him not being your cat but your very worried about him (hopefully people will then understand that you are being caring) ask if they have seen him about and also ask if they could check their gardens, sheds and garages. Have some leaflets ready with as brief description of gypsy and your contact details so if they see him or hear anything they can contact you.

I will email all my vet and rescue contacts with details, do you have a picture (even one on a mobile)? Also have you called the Council because if he got runover :( which I hope he hasn't but if he has then they may have picked him up.

The postman is also a good person to ask if he has seen gypsy about whilst he has been doing is rounds.

I will keep thinking of stuff.

Steff

P.s. The best time to go out calling his name is late at night when it is really quiet but again don't go alone *hug*
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline Oana

• Kitten
Thank you all for supporting us... :( Poor little maw... :(
Oana

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Tryed to combine the threads and failed grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I feel so sorry for this little cat and hope you manage to find him  :hug: :hug:

Offline Oana

• Kitten
Thank you so very much...  :( We hope so... and thank you for supporting us...
Hopefully I'll be able to come back with great news... and.. a bottle of champagne for Funny Face when he'll be here!!!
Oana

Offline Oana

• Kitten
Hi Steff

Thank you so much for your nice words... I would need ANY HELP, thank you so much, but in terms of leaflets and posters in the area... it's a little bit difficult: as i am not, UNFORTUNATELY, Gypsy's owner (they have no idea we're so worried), on one hand, and on the other hand... we don't know the exact area where the cat's been lost: what we know is he followed the owners on the way to a pub: whether Bedford or Kempston, and he's been last seen, by their brief statement, by the river Ouse, Hillgrounds Road, bottom end... :( We've been there, walked often the area, rattling food, asking dog owners who come twice a day there... nobody had seen anything... :( If I knew the exact area Gypsy funny Face's been astray... I wouldn't hesitate to put any posters there!!! I'll make some for Sainsbury's supermarket, though... there people are more likely to come often...
We call him every night... nothing... We've called RSPCA, we've called Fire Rescue... nothing.
I would be really grateful to stay in touch with you, any advice, any idea... helps!!!
Thank you, Steff, and hear from you soon! XXXXXXXX
Oana

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
that poor boy, i do hope you find him soon x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
There are two seperate threads so will try and combine them in lost and found  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Poor boy and its posters posters posters  :hug:

Offline Oana

• Kitten
PLEASE HELP US FINDING HIM!!!! :'(

He's a POOR, THIN cat, grey coloured, with darker grey spots and stripes on the back, white nose, white paws, white legs, white belly, and a tiger grey tail. Belongs to the neighbours who neglected him completely that's why we were feeding him and he was spending the days in our house sleeping choosing whatever bed he wanted. He barely managed to put some weight on since we started feeding him, and now HE'S LOST since 29th December 2010, following his owners who were going to watch the football in a pub in Bedford or Kempston area.
They stated the last time Gypsy's been seen was by the River Ouse, Wooden Bridge, the way to Queenspark Area, Bedford, possibly by the brewery, by the owners' last statement!!!, but the exact point where he's been gone we don't know.
he has NO COLLAR, is NO MICROCHIPPED, is NO NEUTERED.
PLEASE, if you see such a cat, don't hesitate in writing me at OanaNiculae33@yahoo.co.uk or call me at 07964051422 OR 01234406971. We want to adopt him for good, and offer him a lovely warm home!!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!  :thanks: :( :'(
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:30:59 AM by Oana, Reason: Any hope Gypsy Funny Face survived...???? :(:(:( PLEASE, if so, whoever found him... CALL!!! :(:(:( »
Oana

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
Also just noticed that you posted this in the newbies section instead of lost and found, don't worry a site moderator will be able to move it for you :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
Hi Oana

How nice of you to care so much about your neighbours cat *hug*

I deal with lost and found animals in Bedfordshire and I actually live in Kempston.

Have you put up posters, leafleted the local area, put notices in shops? That is one of the best ways to get the word out there that an animal is missing.

You may have also seen the lost and found hints and tips on this site but if not I can email them to you.

If you need my help at all please feel free to contact me. I will drop you an email with my contact details.

Steff x
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline Oana

• Kitten
PLEASE HELP US IN FINDING HIM!!!!

He's a POOR CAT, belonging to the neighbours next door, careless owners, we've started to feed him for months, this way he managed to put some weight on, as well he used to sleep on ANY bed he liked in the house... :(
He's been missed on the night of 29th December, following hos owners who were going to the pub to watch football, either in Kempston or Bedford area. We've been told he's gone missed by Hillgrounds Road, Kempston, but we're not too sure about the EXACT area.
He's got the back GREY, with WHITE PAWS, WHITE NOSE, WHITE BELLY, GREY TIGER TAIL. He's quite thin, he's got NO COLLAR, NO MICROCHIP, he's no neutered.
Thank EVERYONE for reading this post, and PLEASE, if you find him, or see him anywhere, don't hesitate in writing me at OanaNiculae33@yahoo.co.uk or call me on 07964051422!!! We are the neighbours and WE WANT HIM BACK in order to adopt him and offer a lovely home... :(:( THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! :thanks: And another thing: a good reward is awaiting when finding our lovely boy...  :(
Oana

Link to CatChat