Author Topic: "Foster" boy Lazarus - OFFICIALLY ADOPTED!  (Read 26246 times)

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
Re: "Foster" boy Lazarus.
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2011, 20:08:26 PM »
Poo Alert
I think there must be a large dog hiding up there and using Lazarus' tray - tonight's was massive  :Luv2:

NON POO ALERT !   :evillaugh:  NON POO ALERT  ! :evillaugh:  NON POO ALERT  :evillaugh:  NON POO ALERT  !  :evillaugh:
Please can I borrow the dog to scare the sh*t out of Celyn ?  Im sure hes due one and I dont want the poor fellow getting constipated   :innocent:

Don't they call this kind of talk scatalogical?  :evillaugh:

Oh, thats the polite version  ;)

Most would probably say "It's Wibblechick talking cr*p"  again  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 20:08:56 PM by Wibblechick »
People Power Works!!!

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2011, 20:04:54 PM »
Chris when I first got Bonnie from RSPCA and had to keep taking her back fro regular injections I commented to the vet one time that Bonnie's poo was really hard and she told me to put some Evening Primrose Oil on her food - I was told to just buythe cheap ones from the £1 shop and cut the capsule and drip it on her food.  After 1 a day fro about 5 or 6 days it wasn't hard anymore.  Maybe it could work for Celyn?  Not sure about Lazarus Mark but you could ask your vet on Monday.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2011, 19:56:02 PM »
I think you need to rename this thread 'Poo watch'  :rofl: 

Lazarus is gorgeous but then I'm a sucker for black cats. The expression in his eyes in one of the pics you have posted is soo like Korky that it took my breath away.  :Luv2:  He must think all his Christmasses have come at once, bless him.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 20:00:33 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2011, 19:55:33 PM »
Poo Alert
I think there must be a large dog hiding up there and using Lazarus' tray - tonight's was massive  :Luv2:

NON POO ALERT !   :evillaugh:  NON POO ALERT  ! :evillaugh:  NON POO ALERT  :evillaugh:  NON POO ALERT  !  :evillaugh:
Please can I borrow the dog to scare the sh*t out of Celyn ?  Im sure hes due one and I dont want the poor fellow getting constipated   :innocent:

Don't they call this kind of talk scatalogical?  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2011, 19:53:18 PM »
Poo Alert

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 19:54:21 PM by Wibblechick »
People Power Works!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2011, 19:42:57 PM »
Poo Alert

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2011, 17:56:18 PM »
I know what you mean  :evillaugh:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2011, 17:45:27 PM »
He is so lovely Mark, you've both got very lucky here haven't you, perfect match :Luv:

Just one thing, what cat on earth cares if their window sill perch is orthopaedic :shify: I mean, the manufacturers have observed sleeping cats, where the sleep and the positions they sleep in? I'm pretty sure most cats wouldn't even notice! :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2011, 17:34:17 PM »
Well he is booked in for 2nd vacs on Monday with Craig. We are waiting with baited breath for today's poo  :waiting:

He did so well yesterday doing huge ones morning and evening I just hope we get a result. I may have to resort to turning on the hand vacuum if nothing by the morning.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2011, 10:26:44 AM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #140 on: January 13, 2011, 23:42:34 PM »
I am going to bore people so much  :evillaugh:

I went upstairs about an hour ago to give him his felimazole and he had left me 2 large gifts in the tray  :evillaugh:

We then had a play with his catnip sack - Caroline was chuffed as she said he never played before  :)

Then I started scratching under his chin. This came on the radio and I did it the whole time - he kept his eyes closed  :Luv2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxI87CF0XT8&feature=fvst He still protested when I stopped - such a cute sound he makes like a baby crying  :Luv:

Torn tonight as they are all after attention in different parts of the house - I think Laz needs me more right now. I just hope Kylie decides to sleep in the dining room. No doubt I will be grumpy tomorrow as OH informs me that Laz wakes him up 3 or 4 times in the night (It's a long time since I did that  :evillaugh: )
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 23:44:12 PM by Mark »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2011, 23:08:42 PM »
I'm going to have a good read through this thread some time tomorrow, just had a quick look at photos and, well.... I wish he was mine  :Luv2:  he is so my type of cat Mark, you are lucky and he is too.  He reminds so much of our Smokey and I just adored him.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2011, 23:03:07 PM »
I spend OHs money freely on the cats  :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2011, 22:20:02 PM »
That's a posh one Mark.  Stop tempting me to buy things for Bonnie - you'd think I had 10 cats instead of 1 with the amount of stuff she has. 

I took some toys and a big furry bean bag cover to RSPCA other day cos she doesn't use them. When I took one of my visit forms in the day after I went to Alex's office and she had Molly, one of the dogs with her sat by the radiator on the furry cover bless her.

There are so many nice things to buy and I think what the eche - she's my baby - but I must stop  ;) :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2011, 22:05:37 PM »
Push it as far back as it will go to the window and start screwing (the screws)  :naughty:

:evillaugh:

It was the cheapest I could find but not sure what they charge for delivery.

They were £17 on eBay + £5 postage.

I am due to do a zooplus order so will check and get free delivery.
There is also this one http://www.robstestdomain.co.uk/orthopedic-kitty-sill-window-perch-p-203.html

« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 22:08:52 PM by Mark »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2011, 22:03:11 PM »
Yer I think I saw them on Zooplus too Mark - not sure if it was same price - £12.95 sounds good.  I think it's quite easy to fit - it says it comes with brackets but no mention of screws - hardware store will tell you which are best for a window sill. Push it as far back as it will go to the window and start screwing (the screws)  :naughty:

Mary

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2011, 21:56:53 PM »
I want to get one of these but can't work out if it will fit  :-:

http://www.canineconcepts.co.uk/item--dog--cat-lying-board

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2011, 21:46:18 PM »
10 seconds video  - c'mon Mark, you can do better than that  ;)

He's sooo sweet.  I was gonna get a window sill blanket for Bonnie but my sills are not all that wide so I spent the money on the raidiator bed for her which she has not used YET!

Mary

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2011, 21:35:42 PM »
Bless him  :Luv2: - think he's going to be a keeper Mark  ;)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2011, 18:23:54 PM »
He has such a lovely nature as well - so lucky  :Luv2:

This is very short - I had the camera set to video by mistake. When I realised, I left it on for a few seconds but was on the phone and my friend Tara wondered why I stopped speaking  :evillaugh:

He had just been given his catnip sack  :Luv2:

Click to see short video (about 10 seconds  :evillaugh: )
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 18:27:02 PM by Mark »

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2011, 18:15:50 PM »
He is soooooooooooooo handsome!! :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2011, 17:46:26 PM »
Aw he's lovely Mark, love his tufty ears  :Luv: :Luv:

Its early days with the toilet regularity, Poot took several weeks to settle into a routine, so I wouldn't worry too much yet  :hug:

He has Megacolon though Clare  :( . He has been to the vet twice recently to be cleared out. Caroline was at the vets today with another cat but spoke to Craig about Lazarus. He said that there other things he can try to keep Laz regular but wanted to start with basics before using chemical treatments. He added that from what Caroline told him, he is well enough for his 2nd vacs so am booking him in for Monday.  :)

I want to ask about his mouth - it drips like a leaky tap at times - his teeth appear to be fine.

He had been pooing less over the last couple of days. This morning there were 2 hard pieces in the bedroom + he didn't greet me. He was hiding under the bed which he never does. He also refused food. He always uses the tray so I knew something was wrong. I decided to try the new hand vacuum hoping it wouldn't scare him. He ran down the stairs though. I had a quick hoover. When I turned it off, he came straight back up and into the bathroom and straight away, produced lots of smelly poo  :evillaugh: - within minutes he was eating and hopped up onto the ledge to watch the birds.

I said to Caroline I wondered if the vac literally scared the cr-ap out of him  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 17:59:05 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2011, 17:41:59 PM »
Sharon was telling me today that he was a stray before the last people took him on. It seems they did quite a lot, including FIV testing but for some reason, couldn't cope with diarrhea  :Crazy:

Anyway, got a few better pics this afternoon. My VetUK order came which included a couple of Catac organic catnip sacks. Alice loves them and has a whole collection in various states. The oldest are over 3 years and are rotten  :evillaugh:

He likes his little window ledge cushion  :Luv2: (from Zooplus)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 17:49:35 PM by Mark »

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2011, 15:17:52 PM »
 :Luv2:  Hes  lovely !  And has the sort of face that makes me think he'd have some stories to tell  :evillaugh:
People Power Works!!!

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2011, 13:38:22 PM »
Aw he's lovely Mark, love his tufty ears  :Luv: :Luv:

Its early days with the toilet regularity, Poot took several weeks to settle into a routine, so I wouldn't worry too much yet  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2011, 23:36:37 PM »
He is eating well etc but now instead of hanging around us, he is going under the bed for a wash - I wondered if it is to do with him feeling more confident now?

I am on poo watch as he isn't going much but he seems fine in himself and eating/drinking well - well I haven't seen him drink but I add lots of water to pouches and he drinks all the juice.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 23:46:35 PM by Mark »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2011, 23:32:15 PM »
He is sooo beautiful Mark and well comfy in your place now.  :hug: :Luv2: :hug:

Your stories of poo always make me laugh and now we've got Chris joining in with celyn and looking at his bum with a torch  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

At least I have an excuse for always seeing Bonnie's bum - cos she has no tail  :rofl: :rofl:

Oh dear - keep the updates coming  :hug:

Mary x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2011, 20:40:16 PM »
What a beauty  :Luv2:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2011, 20:37:04 PM »
I soooooooooooooooooo love this boy  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2011, 19:41:56 PM »
He's a lovely boy Mark  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2011, 19:13:10 PM »
 :no comment: :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #119 on: January 12, 2011, 18:59:12 PM »
I don't think he could find a better place!

:shy:

Thanks  :hug:

OH is away tomorrow night (work awayday at Canterbury Cathedral lodge) and we have discussed where I should sleep. We have decided that as much as I don't want to upset Kylie, at least she has the freedom of the rest of the house so I should stay with Laz. She isn't reacting at all to his smell now so we are ready for slow intros when we get the all-clear. Pooing isn't 100% right now  :(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #118 on: January 12, 2011, 18:46:59 PM »
I don't think he could find a better place!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #117 on: January 12, 2011, 18:45:12 PM »
he does look grumpy bless him - any closer to being a family member??

He isn't at all grumpy - he is the most affectionate cat I have ever known. We are willing and able to take him (and his health problems) on properly at any time  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #116 on: January 12, 2011, 18:41:36 PM »
he does look grumpy bless him - any closer to being a family member??

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #115 on: January 12, 2011, 18:39:12 PM »
He is stunning Mark  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #114 on: January 12, 2011, 18:35:36 PM »
Doesn't do him justice as he doesn't look grumpy at all in-the-fur  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 18:37:46 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #113 on: January 12, 2011, 18:28:23 PM »
Not great pics as they were all taken at arms length with no viewfinder and with a not-very-good camera  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #112 on: January 12, 2011, 17:47:14 PM »
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 17:50:05 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #111 on: January 11, 2011, 18:34:42 PM »
I gently teased out some unidentified clingons from Laz tail today  :shy:

Link to CatChat