Author Topic: My advise/ranting is starting to get through to people...  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: My advise/ranting is starting to get through to people...
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 18:06:38 PM »
Some great ideas, thanks!  ;D
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 18:06:28 PM »
Well like it or not you're getting a pat on the back from me!  :hug: Couple this with the little family you rescued and the world is indeed a better place because of you  :)

I try and be quite casual about it so as not to ram it down people's throats but am often dropping neutering/microchipping/adopt from a rescue don't buy hints  :naughty:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 18:01:19 PM »
Just think, if everyone did this and achieved as much the world would be a better place! Well done you.

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
My advise/ranting is starting to get through to people...
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 17:55:40 PM »
Well a few anyway!

I posted a notice on my facebook which I copied from my local CP. It was aimed at people who got kittens last year and was reminding them that they will need neutering soon and if on benefits etc or need financial help CP may be able to help. A work colleague saw this and emailed me at work to say thanks, as she had 3 cats she rescued as kittens last year from a hell hole of a house and they now need neutering but with 3 plus her dog and other cat it was a bit too much for her even though she WANTED to get them all done. So she contacted CP who may be able to help with part of the costs so she has written to them.

The fb friend who took my broken tv will be getting her male cat neutered after I highlighted the problems to her.

My hairdresser had her boy cat neutered after I ranted at her (I'm lucky to still have my ears intact lol)

Another work colleague had all her parents farm cats/kittens neutered with RSPCA assistance.

My neighbour who took in a stray now regular asks me for advice after I popped a note through his door expressing my concerns about her poor condition. That was last year and he did a really good job with her but he popped up the other day because the cat (purdy) is having serious flea problems even though he is treating her with frontline.

I literally saved a cats life after learning on fb that he had ingested lilly pollen.

I've also had various people contact me on facebook for advice on helping rescues or rehoming their animals responsibly etc etc.

I'm not writing this post for a pat on the back, just wanted to put it down "on paper" more for my own benefit and remind myself that I do try to help as much as possible. Just feeling about down about the whole overflowing rescue situation and wish I could do more.
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Link to CatChat