Author Topic: woman drowns 8 cats. ... please sign the added petition  (Read 9466 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: woman drowns 8 cats. ... please sign the added petition
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2011, 22:52:02 PM »
It is distressing to hear such vitriole coming from  people whom I know are wonderful and caring.  :'( This woman has been convicted, campaign to change the law if that is not sufficient. Torturing this person will not bring those cats back and cannot prevent their suffering.  :'(

Sorry FF but I think she should be paying for this for the rest of her miserable life. I know it won't happen but they could have given her 1000 or more hours community service working (supervised) shovelling animal mess.

Please don't apologise, Mark, your feelings and opinions are absolutely valid.  :hug:

I'm not saying I disagree with you completely, I feel physically unwell when I read about this sort of thing. I am in favour of community service - the greatest leveller there is - but not for corporal punishment or the death penalty which reduces us to that same level of cruelty. IMO this should not be about one case as we don't know anything about her mental state, we need to look at the legislation which fails defenceless animals again and again.  :'( 

As Jackspratt says "noone in their right mind would think that what was done was an alternative to calling a rescue" nor would anyone in their right mind admit it to the authorities right off the bat. We need to be looking at the level of (social) education we are providing these days, why people see animals as possessions, why they think it acceptable to smoke through pregnancy .... Punishment is not a deterrent and I honestly don't believe it would make anyone here on Purrs feel better about the horrors that have taken place.  :'(
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2011, 20:52:58 PM »
It is distressing to hear such vitriole coming from  people whom I know are wonderful and caring.  :'( This woman has been convicted, campaign to change the law if that is not sufficient. Torturing this person will not bring those cats back and cannot prevent their suffering.  :'(

Sorry FF but I think she should be paying for this for the rest of her miserable life. I know it won't happen but they could have given her 1000 or more hours community service working (supervised) shovelling animal mess.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2011, 17:23:41 PM »
 :hug: Firefox. You're right, the law was at fault on this one; clearly a three month sentence isn't all that long, but I have to say this - noone in their right mind would think that what was done was an alternative to calling a rescue. I still think she should've been sentenced to longer, though. It send out entirely the wrong message to people who are "not nice."

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2011, 00:11:40 AM »
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2010, 23:49:34 PM »
I signed it but there are only 28 signatures. Anyway, she was jailed for 3 months - not long enough! - I hope some of the inmates were cat lovers - I also hope she lives in fear when she comes out, although it will be nothing like the suffering she inflicted on these poor cats - evil scum  >:(

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2010, 23:10:38 PM »
If you look further down this thread its the same story that was originally posted at the beginning of October.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2010, 16:01:24 PM »
signed
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Re: woman drowns 8 cats.
« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2010, 15:32:09 PM »
Signed it.

Offline Tiggerman

• Hero Cat
« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2010, 15:30:50 PM »
I havent seen this petition before - just signed it.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2010, 11:38:32 AM »
Don't know whether this petition has been posted previously

http://www.petition.co.uk/jail-julie-carter-cat-killer
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 21:13:59 PM »
That sounds a grand idea Angie. Would be similar to known shoplifter photolists that the police give to shops in town centres.

Could it be put to the RSPCA maybe with a petition? Would they take any notice??
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 21:12:14 PM »
i have always said that the rspca should publish a list of banned people

Just as well it isn't my decision as I would have them branded on their forehead!  >:(

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 16:17:30 PM »
i have always said that the rspca should publish a list of banned people so that rescues at least can check - this info. is all in the public domain just needs a central point to administer and it makes sense the rspca should be the ones....

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 16:01:13 PM »
She It only got 12 weeks  >:( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-11653149

Also banned from keeping animals for life - although how do they police that?

I sincerely hope there are some cat lovers who will top up the paltry sentence  >:(

They are reliant on people (neighbours,etc) reporting the person so if it moves to another town then it is impossible to do so unless it got out to people living near her.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline jeremys_mummy

• Adult Cat
  • Our beautiful Rolo
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2010, 20:59:06 PM »
Unspeakable poor kittys RIP little ones.

away from the one who was supposed to be your mummy :(
My Babies
Rolo Ragdoll 27/01/2009
Jeremy Ginger Tabby 5/9/2008

Offline beckamsimmons

• Adult Cat
  • looking for my sweet kitten Thimble always
  • Slave to: Bubble and Squeak
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2010, 16:27:58 PM »
Cases like this are utterly depressing. Violence never solved anything but it would be pretty hard to hold back if I ever came across this scumbag. It SICKENS me to the pit of my stomach the cruelty that goes on.  :( :( :'( :'( :-:
It makes me more and more determined to get a nice big garden and house one day so I can foster or look after lots of cats, as there's so many in need.

B :Luv2:
xx
Please help me find my best friend Thimble, missing in Coventry 19.10.10

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2010, 20:42:37 PM »
She It only got 12 weeks  >:( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-11653149

I sincerely hope there are some cat lovers who will top up the paltry sentence  >:(

Mark,
Look on the bright side..it's now got a criminal record so if it applies for a job,it'll have to declare that.Doubt she'll get an interview for a job with that on her record...

I doubt it has ever worked in its life.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 20:45:35 PM by Mark »

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2010, 20:31:37 PM »

Mark,
Look on the bright side..it's now got a criminal record so if it applies for a job,it'll have to declare that.Doubt she'll get an interview for a job with that on her record...
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2010, 19:29:56 PM »
I can only find one other update  :Crazy: http://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/headlines/8484893.Woman_jailed_for_drowning_cats/ Local news.

I'm amazed how little interest there is.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 19:31:35 PM by Mark »

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2010, 16:35:52 PM »
At least she got a jail sentence, I wasn't expecting that.

And you're right Mark, how on earth to they police that?
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2010, 10:11:41 AM »

« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 10:13:27 AM by Mark »

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 15:51:49 PM »
... I'm sure she will escape jail due to having children  ... I can't find any more up-to-date news other than what was reported at the beginning of the month - compared to the cat-in-bin, this is horrendous, but it didn't have the media/facebook hysteria attached to it.

f she does escape a prison sentence perhaps that will make the general public realise legislation for animals is woefully inadequate.  :(
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 11:15:43 AM »
What an evil, evil  :censored: Presumably she felt something for the cats to have them living with her (says they were 1-3 years in the article) in the first place so how she could do that to her own pets is beyond belief. Just a disgusting excuse for a human being  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 08:54:05 AM »
Sentencing is tomorrow - I really hope she gets what is coming to her. I'm sure she will escape jail due to having children  :tired: http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/news/8427796._I_drowned_eight_cats__admits_mum_who_now_faces_jail/

I can't find any more up-to-date news other than what was reported at the beginning of the month - compared to the cat-in-bin, this is horrendous, but it didn't have the media/facebook hysteria attached to it.

Any purrs reporters in the Oxford area that can attend the hearing?

I wish it was the good old days and a judge put a black cloth on their head before sentencing her to hang  >:(
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 08:55:51 AM by Mark »

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 18:13:50 PM »
What a horrible Evil  :censored:, just can't understand what gives some people heartless minds!

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 01:35:55 AM »
What this woman has done is horrific but I am also shocked that it took the RSPCA three weeks to call at the house after the Housing Officer had been, assuming that the Housing Officer contacted them after he had visited.  This should surely have been treated as a case of neglect and therefore been a priority.

I would also add that if she had contacted our local RSPCA Centre of her own volition for the cats to be taken in, she would have been turned away as they are full (or have cat flu, whichever story you hear from them when they answer the telephone).

I have known the RSPCA take 8 weeks when I reported someone for having a puppy attached to the door chain via a lead in the kitchen and sleeping in its own urine and faeces, so 3 weeks is good for them :'(
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 09:04:04 AM »
I just hope she doesn't have kids...maybe sterilisation  just in case she wants to have any! Kinder in the long run!

She has a seven-year old  but sterilisation is still a good idea in case she has any more.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 19:30:38 PM »
I have just been thinking about this excuse for a woman. She will get free counsel and they will end up trying to make her into some kind of victim, saying she had financial worries, was depresssed etc etc. She should be slowly flayed to give her time to reflect and understand the suffering she caused.  >:(

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 19:22:22 PM »
I think she should be made to wear that dress that Lady Gaga wore made from meat & dropped off in the middle of the Serengete...

I just hope she doesn't have kids...maybe sterilisation  just in case she wants to have any! Kinder in the long run!
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 09:24:28 AM »
What this woman has done is horrific but I am also shocked that it took the RSPCA three weeks to call at the house after the Housing Officer had been, assuming that the Housing Officer contacted them after he had visited.  This should surely have been treated as a case of neglect and therefore been a priority.

I would also add that if she had contacted our local RSPCA Centre of her own volition for the cats to be taken in, she would have been turned away as they are full (or have cat flu, whichever story you hear from them when they answer the telephone).
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 22:37:44 PM »
That's just horrific.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2010, 20:02:13 PM »
There are no words..... :(

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2010, 19:05:27 PM »
Speechless.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2010, 18:40:02 PM »
And I bet she's got internet access!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2010, 18:33:35 PM »
Couldn't afford to ring the RSPCA, but she managed to feed 11 cats? Benefits are not that little, in any case her son is of school age so she could get a job, or walk to the nearest rescue and ask in person for help.  >:(
Lulu's Catbook

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2010, 17:59:16 PM »
People who do these things , honestly make me so angry i could explode  :censored: :censored:
She should be hung ,drawn and quartered and left to die in a rotting cess pit.

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 17:44:47 PM »

Those poor babies must have been so frightened and suffered so much  :'( - I hope she dies in agony  >:(

I can't even bear to think about what they went through...  :'( :'(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 17:29:59 PM »
its the premediated nature of it that makes me so sick, I really hope she will be made an example of but of course I doubt it

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 17:28:43 PM »
So she can afford Evian bottled water but not a phone call?  >:(

I'm sure she will get a slap on the wrist for it  :tired:

Those poor babies must have been so frightened and suffered so much  :'( - I hope she dies in agony  >:(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 17:18:35 PM »
Whether she drowned them in baby bath, a pubble or a teaspoon of water ... the fact remains she KILLED them and apparently is showing no remorse!  Evil   :censored: B**CH

RIP little souls .... safe with the angels now.

Link to CatChat