Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1967 times)

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Re: Hello!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 21:44:28 PM »
welcome to the forum :)

Offline AllShookUp

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Annastasia 1994-2009
  • Slave to: Elvis & Miki-MooMoo
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 11:33:52 AM »
 :welcome: :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 06:55:05 AM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs.

I hope you manage to continue your good work  :hug: 

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2010, 13:33:35 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 13:08:06 PM »
Hello Sophie and   :welcome:  to Purrs

I see that you work really hard for our furry friends, sorry about the problems with your accommodation

Pleased to have you on board
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline T.A.R.R.S Owner

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Nelson and lots of rescue cats that come into TARRS
Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2010, 11:26:50 AM »
Hello!

I'm Sophie, Here's a bit about myself.  I founded a rescue in 2006 mainly taking in dogs that were stray, abandoned on death row at the stray dog pounds etc, I'd worked in animal rescue for a good 10 years of my life so was happy to go into the rescue on my own head first and see where it took me.  I managed to get the use of some kennels in 2007 and took in mostly stray and abandoned dogs and when I had room I would take in death row dogs that needed getting out of the pound asap.  All was going well and many animals were being successfully re-homed and I gathered many volunteers ranging from mothers and children who wanted to walk dogs to teenagers doing their Duke of Edinbrough Awards.  In 2009 there started to be a shortage of space for the cats in the area and many people were phoning in desperation, so I arranged with the kennel owner if I could also use some cat pens and we started taking in cats as well.  Then in December 2009 the kennel owner no longer wanted to help with the rescue so we all had to be out before christmas/beginning of 2010 (Nightmare!!!). 

Over the year I have gathered a few fosterers, sometimes more and other times less and currently this is how the rescue is still operating until I can get the funds needed to buy something else (I don't think I could rent again with what happened last time!)  I bought a new cat pen to put in my shed which was finished end of November 2010 and it can now house a family of cats or two separate families/singles or doubles. 

I've mainly been on doggy forums before and this is my first cat forum I have been on and was recommended by a fosterer who works for another cat rescue.

Thats it mainly, I have a shed load of cats waiting to come into rescue and I'm hoping you may be able to help. :sneaky:

Sophie
Founder of The Animal Rescue & Rehabilitation Society (TARRS for short)

Link to CatChat