Author Topic: I just want to give a cat a home (Sorted)  (Read 16404 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: I just want to give a cat a home
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 08:33:11 AM »
also don't be put off because you've been turned down by one, I was turned down by one and then approved by two others so it really does depend

Offline binkyb

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Dudley RIP Bonnie
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 08:31:00 AM »
HI, thanks for your reply. Yes I do realise. It's just frustrating when on their websites they are appealing desperately for homes and help over Christmas when they are inundated with animals and fosterers go away for the holiday etc and then no one even responds after a week.
I know a lot of them close down over christmas too so was hoping to have it all sorted by then so I could give some fluffball the best christmas ever but it's not to be by the looks of it.
Regards, Amy

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 08:27:59 AM »
try to be patient with the rescues and maybe give them another call, nearly everyone working for them does it in spare time and have jobs and familes to keep up
with and in the run up to christmas we all know what that is like!

Offline binkyb

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Dudley RIP Bonnie
I just want to give a cat a home (Sorted)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 08:01:32 AM »
Hello, (I'm new here).

I live with my mother in the Herts/Beds area and I am looking to provide a needy cat or kitten (or both) with a home.
I've contacted just about every shelter in my area over the past week. Only two have got back to me. One lady who is in charge of adopting is in hospital having an op so no idea when she can help and another shelter googled my house and turned me down as I live near to (not on though) a fairly busy road.

Seems a shame so many haven't got back to me or in the case of my local cats protection have a phone that is never answered.

I already have one 18 year old cat, an enclosed garden and live in a village.

Unfortunately this month I had to have my other cat PTS after she developed an aggressive tumour. She was 16. While I am still mourning her but the house just feels so empty with just the one cat and we'd love to help another cat or two out as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 18:18:16 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat