Author Topic: Toby's near miss...  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Toby's near miss...
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 14:13:06 PM »
Bless xxx :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 00:17:33 AM »
So pleased you managed to catch him. Now come on Toby, mind your footing  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 21:24:52 PM »
Oh Witty what a fright you must have got  :hug: good thing you were there to catch the handsome wee man  :Luv:

Sending him lots of love and cuddles and also sending him no-more-climbing-tree vibes  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 15:53:10 PM »
Maybe that'll put him off climbing trees for a while! silly boy.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Toby's near miss...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 22:50:50 PM »
Old Toby Boy had a bit of a brush with disaster this afternoon...

Now he doesn't really do trees, but Pearl loves them, and lately, Toby's been copying her by hoisting himself up into the odd one and going for a bit of a climb. This afternoon, he was tootling about in a medium-sized ash tree and well, he couldn't quite muster the courage to jump down, so instead, he climbed up.

After a while, he realised that he'd overextended his mediocre climbing abilities and tried to turn around on a really thin branch about ten feet up or so. As he did so, he lost his footing and found himself dangling from the branch, holding on for dear life with his front paws. Toby tried to scramble back onto the branch, but as he did so, it snapped and he fell.

But he fell straight into my arms! Thank goodness I somehow could see that one coming and I stood under him, so I caught him as he fell. If I hadn't, I'm not sure he'd have had the time and distance to right himself and likely he'd have hit the ground with a bit of a bump.

I know it sounds funny now, but it could have been potentially a nasty incident... Bless him, he's none the worse for his near miss, but it gave me palpitations for sure.

Link to CatChat