Author Topic: Five cats but would like many more  (Read 2728 times)

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
Re: Five cats but would like many more
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2010, 13:37:52 PM »
lovely cats espcially Ken and the little ginger one
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Alex S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Sadie
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 22:58:40 PM »
Allow me to salute your choices of name, a fellow Gooner here! I'm hoping my gf will let me call the next cat Wilshere...

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 19:21:19 PM »
welcome to the forum :)

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 16:27:32 PM »
Welcome to Purrs, I'm a relative newcomer myself but I feel very much at home here.

Woody (RIP) was a very handsome lad, wasn't he? I know how you feel losing him,  and I think kitten therapy is the best way forward!

Love all the pics but especially the one of you with the kittens!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Borderreiver

• Adult Cat
    • Westgate Labs
  • Slave to: Merlin and Malachi
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 11:58:09 AM »
Hello, I'm new too also never ventured onto a cat forum before but it is very friendly here.

Those are really gorgeous kittens, no wonder you couldn't resist them, quite a handful though.

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 10:08:53 AM »
sorry to hear about Woody, it really is heartbreaking when you lose a companion like that...
wow, 4 kittens! all at the same time!!!! I now live in a mad house with 2 crazy kittens (who were originally thought to be brain damaged but really aren't!) how you cope with 4.... :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:

welcome to the purrs site, everyone is really helpful on here and with a wealth of knowledge!
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline AllShookUp

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Annastasia 1994-2009
  • Slave to: Elvis & Miki-MooMoo
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 09:56:25 AM »
Hi :)

beautiful kitties!!!  :hug: :hug: and ken he is so handsome :) :Luv2:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 09:45:21 AM »
Hi Danny  ;D  :welcome: to Purrs

So Sorry about Woody  :(  :hug: There are many of us here that know what you have been through and will send  :hug: :hug: over to you and your family.

Ken is Stunning  :Luv: :Luv: and so are those wonderful Littluns you have  :wow:  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Which ones are who?  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 08:45:49 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Danny  ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Sorry to hear about Woody  :hug: I bet going from two older cats to five including FOUR kittens was a shock to the system! You must be  :Crazy: They have the most beautiful markings  :Luv2: I take it you're an Arsenal fan from the boys' names  ;)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 07:35:18 AM »

Hiya Danny - a big warm Purrs welcome to you and your Gang of Five  :welcome:

I also wanted to say how sorry I am about Woody, and know only too well how devastating it is to lose good friends to age and illness.   :hug:

But - what amazing puds you have - and gorgeous kitten-tats  :evillaugh:  I can see why you would be beguiled into taking them all. 

thankfully their sleeping times are now very long and getting longer

Don't that fool you -  :shify: - they is plottin whiles they sleeps!  :evillaugh:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 06:58:16 AM »
Hi Danny and  :welcome: Purrs, glad you've found us!

love your furbabes, all gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2:

So sorry you've lost your gorgeous cat Woody  :hug: we recently lost our old girl Byron she was in her mid 20s and was a real character  :Luv:

We now still have PepperPot who we adopted last year at 17 yrs he's deaf and blind but amazing boy.  As Rosella says I hope your older puss can escape from the little bundles if need be  :scared:

Glad to hear you're getting the little ones neutered and spayed and please do that before letting them out  :hug:

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 06:46:50 AM »
 :welcome:to the forum - I am the Clan cats Mother we have an awful of of cats mainly ferals but dusted with domestics and my rescue ragdoll our blonde of the family and out 3 latest little rejects Charlie swung around by his back legs but both staying attached after a lot of work, Echo who is white with a heart condition and finally Miss Pagan our tortie feral lady they are aged 20 weeks, 19 wseeks and 14 weeks and its chaos - our cats also have their own pets our 2 Border Collies Sky and Sunny who are best friends with the ferals :shocked:

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline The GFP

• Kitten
  • Danny
  • Slave to: Ken, Merson, Bergkamp, Bella, Lilly
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 00:28:53 AM »
yes we want the boys done soon as they then as you know tend to fight less with other cats and wont wonder away for days

id love 10 cats but even 5 is costing me a fortune in kittens iams & kitten meat food

thankfully their sleeping times are now very long and getting longer
The German Flower Pot, although im neither German nor a flower pot.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 00:18:33 AM »
Hi Danny and  :welcome: to Purrs

Very sorry to hear about Woody  :(.  What beautiful markings he had  :Luv:  Most peeps on this site will fully understand your feelings of desolation when Woody passed away  :hug: 

Yikes 4 three month old kittens!  I do feel for poor Ken in the midst of all them kittens.  What a gorgeous ginger boy he is.  Hope he has somewhere to get away from the little monsters.....

Have to say that 2nd pic is about the most beautiful bunch of tittentats I've ever seen  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:  I bet they run you ragged  :)  We have 6 cats and 1 monster 5 month old kitten.  Kittens are adorable of course but very tiring  :tired: 

Mad cat ladies cannot of course help but offer advice whether it's welcome or not so here's your first dollop  :innocent:  You have 2 baby gals and 2 baby boys and before too long you'll have a lot more if you're not really careful.  Please ensure you have the boys neutered as early as possible.  Thankfully our young Groucho is a big lad and he was able to have his op aged 4 months.

Glad you found us and thanks for the pics.  We all love pics  :)

Offline The GFP

• Kitten
  • Danny
  • Slave to: Ken, Merson, Bergkamp, Bella, Lilly
Five cats but would like many more
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 23:52:08 PM »
Hello, im Danny (the gfp), i love cats (a good start no doubt) and when i left home in 1993 i went and got 2 cats from the same litter from a local farm ...

Woody & Ken

They were 16 years old on 9th September 2010

Unfortunately 2 months before had Woody had been diagnosed with lots of stomach cancers and in the space of 3 months lost half his weight, was unable to stand properly, was not interested in food or drink and made it to the day after his 16th birthday and we had to have him put to sleep the next day as the vet said he had done amazingly well to last that long and no longer even recognised me or my daughter so that was the saddest day of my life and even though i was a then 39 year old 20+ stone of shaven headed big fat goatee wearing bloke i blubbered for the whole day and night as it seems im not good with grief (never lost any family or pets until that day).

So we still had Ken and he was his usual big ball of drooling ginger fluff and even he was weird for a week so i decided no more cats as i cant stand the sadness of loosing any more.

A month later a friend told me her friends farm had some kittens so my daughter persuaded me to get 2 of them (2 boys), then when they went to see them she fell in love with their sister so now it was 3 kittens!

Then the day we went to get them another person who wanted the other grey tabby had now changed her mind and so she was going to be the only one of the litter of 6 to be on her own so we thought it would be nice if she came to live with us too.

Now ive got 5 cats!

Merson (Merse) - Ginger Male
Bergkamp (Bergy) - Grey Tabby Male
Lilly - Tabby Female
Bella - Grey Tabble Female (Lighter than Bergy and smaller)

And finally me with 3 of them the day they arrived

So they are now 3 months old and today had their booster shots and are due for chipping on tuesday and then are allowed out a week today (unless it snows).

At first Ken was very weary (wary?) of them and lashed out and hissed a bit but now they wash him (thats a 4 cat job) and he washes them, they share his food and he sits and watches them do they 2 hours of madness 3 times a day but i think he loves them as when he comes in they all run to him, lick, smell, rub & show him their bums!

Ive never really looked at finding a cat forum before as i used to run 2 car forums and now they are ex-forums i spend all my time on a football forum (not just footy) so i did some searching today and liked the look of this place.

Not sure if i should just have said hello for my first post!
The German Flower Pot, although im neither German nor a flower pot.

Link to CatChat