Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 1975 times)

Offline AllShookUp

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Annastasia 1994-2009
  • Slave to: Elvis & Miki-MooMoo
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 09:55:02 AM »
Hi :)  :hug: :hug: :welcome:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 07:33:41 AM »
Hi and  :welcome: Purrs, look forward to photos of your furbabes ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 10:30:39 AM »
Hiya and welcome!!! ;D ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 00:48:39 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 00:27:03 AM »
Reading your first post Kerry and not knowing the history I guessed you might be JackSpratt's cousin :D

*Welcome*
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:49:30 AM by JackSpratt »
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 00:13:09 AM »
Sorry don't mean to turn this into an HRH thread but did you see her attempt at synchronised grooming Kerry?

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,35213.0.html

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Indie, Ember, Fig
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 23:52:55 PM »
how can the baroni NOT turn heads!?!  I must admit I love the pics of her "ruling the roost" lol she is a beautiful not-so-little lady  :Luv:

JackSpratt i have said it before and will say it again ... will never be able to make up for what you have done for us!! would have my little pudding or my goddess if it wasn't for you  :Luv2: loves you lots x
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:49:12 AM by JackSpratt »

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 23:44:54 PM »
And Rosella, that's an understatement - HRH Baroni was met by this lady who asks for updates! She wins everyone round quickly does that little girl. :Luv:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 23:43:38 PM »
*coughs* That would be my fault....I didn't specifically want a kitten as a play mate for anyone, but I was concerned about Ember being given away on a site like that. So I figured one more would be fine; I wasn't banking on Jacks reaction to her though. :-: Jack didn't like a young whippersnapper challenging his authority and it became clear that there would never be any peace and quiet if we tried to keep Ember.

It worked out well though, because it seems one toms nightmare female is another ones dream......Indie fell over himself as soon as he met Ember. He cooed at her and rolled onto his back to show his tummy. :Luv: They bonded remarkably quickly and Fig has settled in to the group amazingly too. :)

Glad to see you on the site!! :hug: :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 23:40:52 PM »
Yes of course  :).  Know her quite well.  So glad you joined.  You may well have heard of me and a certain puddytat  :)

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 23:38:30 PM »
lol Ember's story will sound familiar as my cousin is on this forum too!  thanks for the welcome! i am currently trying to get my mobile to co-operate so i can uploads photos of my gorg fur balls  :Luv2: thanks for the warm welcome x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 23:30:18 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Kerry and lovely to hear about your 3some.  A word of warning; I think I came to Purrs with 3 and now look at me  :-:  ;)

Looking forward to pics.  Ember's story sounds familiar  :shify:  Lurve black puddies.  Amongst our lot, we have 3 black puds .... oh yeh and and 1 little black monster  :)  Think him and Ember would get on great  :)  He does bear impersonations standing up on his hind legs and waggling his front legs  :evillaugh:

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 23:21:24 PM »
Hi everyone!

My name is Kerry and the lucky enough to have 3 cats sharing my home. 

Indie is a 3 year old male who is very greedy and loves to smile  :Luv:.  Indie has been with me and my partner since he was just 6 weeks old after i recieved a phone call threatening to drown him if I could not pick him up that day.  After a rough start with fleas and worms when we took him in Indie is now a large beautiful black and white hunk!  He is affectionate (on his own terms of course  ;)) and was the main reason we decided to take on a second cat. 

Ember is a 3 year old female who is cheeky and very very moody  ;).  Ember came to live with us after she was posted on freecycle and my cousin took her in to try and give her younger cat a play mate.  However, after trying for a while my cousins cat was not very keen on a bossy fur-ball who played like a puppy (I should explain Ember had been living in a doggy dominated household with humans who did not seem to care for her).  Indie took to Ember immediately - the same night she came home in fact - and has been under the paw with her ever since!  Ember has some issues with meals as we think the doggies may have eaten her food before so she can be a bit grumpy when she eats but is much better than when she first came to live with us  :Luv2:  Ember is now a stunning black beauty  :Luv:

And Fig *the baby of the group) is just a year old and likes to eat feet chase laser pens  :).  Fig was originally with a lady whose husband had brought two kittens home after his wife had lost her cat.  The timing was not quite right though and so my cousin took the little tykes in until suitable homes could be found.  When me and my partner went a cup of tea ( honest  ;)) Ben just feel in love with Fig and we brought her home soon after   :Luv2:   Since then, fig has become a smaller member of the family, being the runt of the litter Fig still looks like a young kitten and is besotted with Indie .. most of the time anyway  :hug:

photos will follow soon x

Link to CatChat