Author Topic: Old Threads  (Read 6947 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Old Threads
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 12:17:39 PM »
Yes I have a bed and have just crawled out of it  :tired: :shify: :sneaky: and if you look at those cats it just sums it up  ;D

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 10:17:10 AM »
thanks already did yesterday but I think it got overlooked  :eh:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2006, 09:41:18 AM »
Nick, there is a thread bout them in Rescue and Rehoming, you would be best off putting your offers on there.
Please spay your cat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 07:37:51 AM »
Hi Gill
haven't you got a bed ? ;)

thanks for responding, I seem to have lost one of my posts unless it was removed so I kinda lost track with all the differant threads on this rescue.

Just before I went to mine last night I found the cc thread and surmise that the family are going to look after him at  their home so his house is being relet. Obviously the family can't manage 2x cats as well as him........

If Bertie can take them till Jan 4th, when Ela says she can take them in,  I have offered to pay for all their food and the petrol for ferrying them to Bertie's  I may be able to help some more depending on their appetites lol :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2006, 01:55:23 AM »
I agree with you Nick but I believe that it is not possible for them to be kept where he is living and he has said to rehome them.......also I think there are some kinda of family probs........whol;e story was on CC but has been going on for quite a while now   :'(

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2006, 21:00:53 PM »
this is awful . not only has the poor chap been seriously injured and his whole life turned upside own but he must also lose his beloved cats . I cannot believe how badly we look after our disabled and seriously ill.

I broke my back last year and it took 3 months before I could stand again. I lost my job ,my income, had to sell  my car to payfor  day care and my bank just stopped all my direct debit payments  and charged me penalties.
If it wasn't for a neighbour and a good friend and my 2x cats  I don't know what I would have done.

If it is at all possible for him to keep his cats I would contribute toward cat food , litter and to pay someone to go every day to care for them.

If a few of us did the same it may be possible ? It surely wouldn't cost any more than paying for the cats to be kept in a rescue centre or cpl

When this chap is home he is going to need the companionship of his cats to aid his recovery and help get him through the months ahead.

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2006, 13:49:02 PM »
Lynn the forum rescue and rehoming bit has closed but the main rescue homing pages, the ones each rescue has, are still there and are being improved. Also the Top Cats page will be bigger and better too. One of the reasons for suspending the forum was so the CC peeps had time to make the improvements on the main rescue/homing part of the site. They sent us with homng pages an email about the improvements. Hope that helps with your confusion.? :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2006, 11:56:43 AM »
was wrong amanda grrrrrrrrrrrrr, gonna have to hunt the thread down

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 11:44:12 AM »
That request is already on here, but I now notice the cats are on a waiting list for the Sheffield cat Shelter Which is not too far from me. I will investigate.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 11:28:56 AM »
I've been following Nikis thread about the two that need to find a home as their owner had been involved in an accident and would be able to lookafter them anymore.  I notice she has put a post o the hovel saying notice has been given on the house and they only until December to find a home!!!! Can anyone help them?   http://www.thehovel.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=7225
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 13:02:27 PM »
The CC forum now does direct you here and I have emailed Amanda Roz and asked her to come and post about that little cat.

I will ask CC if the will change the name of the link to Purrs in our hearts as it shows the original name of theis site which was Cats Meows but the link works great so we should pick up loads of new peeps who find CC under searches :):):)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2006, 10:41:49 AM »
i'm abit confused, altho i had no imput to your rehoming section i did like to follow quite a few of them but i thought cc were going to be keeping that side of things open ??

how else are they going to be keeping up with the rescue and rehoming ?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2006, 22:26:11 PM »
Good idea Roz, it is a shame we haven't had a long time to get things like this sorted, I would hate for cats to miss out on homes. If anyone knows of any cats, I get everything from that section via e-mail, and despite hotmail saying my deleted items get deleted every day, there are hundreds in their, so we might be able to find out usernames, and then get contacts off Sam's list.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 20:01:26 PM »
Cat Chat has gone.......must have closed around 1930 :(

Offline michelle_b

• Adult Cat
  • Molly & Maisey
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 19:57:33 PM »
Could you put a forwarding message where the CC forum used to be pointing ppl to this forum?

Offline Andrew

• Adult Cat
  • Ginger
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 19:23:41 PM »

Glad to see you here Roz!

I was thinking earlier today that I could copy those old topics from rescue and rehoming in CC but I wasn't sure if members would be happy about it...

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 19:17:47 PM »
I emailed Teddy and Minky's temporary carer yesterday and have given her the various links (including this one of course) so that she can advertise their plight elsewhere.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
Old Threads
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 18:42:08 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm sure all of us were involved with some threads on C.C. more than others....and I guess this was particularly important where re-homing was concerned.

I'm anxious that some of the ongoing cases will be forgotten now......how can we prevent this?

Any ideas?

My own particular interest, for example is in Balo...the little guy who Amanda is trying to rehome.? You may remember he was suffering from a blocked bladder and his owner couldn't or wouldn't pay for his treatment and was prepared to have him pts.? Fortunately, the vet had her sign him over to the practice and he is doing really nicely now but is looking for a new home.

Best wishes,

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Link to CatChat