Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 09:43:29 AM »
Aww bless ya!!

I have two torts too, they're still smaller than my palm though so dont take up too much room, also have a custom built (designed by me  :briggin: ) outdoor enclosure for them so space is okay :)

Sorry about your cat, bless him.

I'm a bit emotional lately, reading all these stories of abandoned or abused cats, makes me want to take them all home!!

But I shall be sensible and help a few at a time..dont want to turn into the extremely mad cat women with a house of like 40+ cats lol!

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 09:29:29 AM »
well, I have 3 cats (have just adopted 2 kittens) 1 rabbit, 1 lizard and 2 tortoises and I think that is enough for me to cope with!
One of my cats is FIV+, so I would be slightly wary of bringing multiple fosters into his home in case they have something he could catch (I am a worrier). Also, at this time of year the only spare room is occupied with tortoises! and I am an emotional wishy washy and cry at any little thing, so my fiance asked me nicely not to foster, lol. Maybe one day!

Like I said this forum is great if you have any problems, there are lots of knowledgeable people on here and they are all happy to help!

:)

anyway, I better be off to work!

Jen
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 09:17:16 AM »
Happy to be a slave to be honest  ;D

Whats stopping you from fostering? (I'm being nosey now  :innocent:)

Thank you for the luck, I'm sure I will need it, but I'm sure the reward will be bigger than any problems I encounter.

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 09:11:46 AM »
This is probably soo wrong but I'm way more excited about fostering cats than I was when we found out we had bought our first house hehe

I would be too! I wish I could foster, good luck, and this forum is great for chatting and advice on cats and how to be their slaves  :evillaugh:

Jen
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2010, 17:37:27 PM »
hi :)  :welcome:

Hello back :)

Thanks for the welcome.

Offline AllShookUp

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Annastasia 1994-2009
  • Slave to: Elvis & Miki-MooMoo
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2010, 17:36:54 PM »
hi :)  :welcome:

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 17:31:09 PM »
This is probably soo wrong but I'm way more excited about fostering cats than I was when we found out we had bought our first house hehe

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2010, 17:15:12 PM »
lol! yep emails have been going back and forth! covcats to dominate the world!!!!

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 16:30:35 PM »
Misread
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 17:12:45 PM by Becksies »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 16:29:33 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Rebecca

I'm sure that a rescue will be very grateful for your offer  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 11:45:06 AM »
Already one step ahead of ya  8)

Emailed them this morning :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 11:30:56 AM »
Coventry eh?  :sneaky: We have quite a few members/fosterers for 'Cov Cats' aka Coventry Cat Group rescue on here. I'm sure they're in need of more volunteers when you feel ready.... http://www.coventrycatgroup.org.uk/

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:13:32 AM »
I'm in Coventry :)

I'm all up for addictive, will give me something to do when I'm bored at work (shh ;) )

I've only been here for less than 30 mins and it already seems like such a friendly place.

I'm happy to help with any rescue centres, if theyre too far there could be things I could do over the net, any admin work for example.

Thank you for the warm welcome :)

Rebecca

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 10:53:41 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  Rebecca ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

The volunteering plan sounds fab, roughly whereabouts in the UK are you? You never know we may have a rescue local to you on here that needs volunteers  ;D

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 10:41:58 AM »
Hello :)

I'm new to the forum, but not to the cat world!

I'm an avid animal lover and seeing all the cats needing homes on this forum breaks my heart - I'd love to rehome all of them!

But upon the purchase of my first home and having a spare bedroom, and a lot of soul searching I have decided that instead of adopting a cat (or several as it probably would have been) that I would like to devote my time to helping more cats (cant help dogs as I work), may that be volunteering in a rehoming centre or fostering, I feel I can make a bigger difference to a lot more cats lives this way.

Anyway just came on to say hello :)

Rebecca

Link to CatChat