Author Topic: Ferals Rolvenden Rescue!  (Read 2436 times)

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
Re: Ferals Rolvenden Rescue!
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 19:37:37 PM »
Good job on the ferals - 3 is a lot better than none homed. The big orgs seem like whales out of water sometimes... paralysed by their own size.

The cat Mark got... there was some theorising about her maybe being a Tess yesterday? :) I hope her vet visit goes well...
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Ferals Rolvenden Rescue!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 17:45:20 PM »
There was a message on here yesterday from Rebecca i think. Rebecca has been doing some volunteering for this small charity and I checked their website out and they look really good. I had a request during the week for a riding stables looking for ferals to help keep rats down, I have one waiting in the wings but she needs sorting out.  However, in the idea of promoting working together contacted local RSPCA who although they have a colony local for some reason they didnt want to move them.  I suspect its because the Riding Stable could only take 3 to start with.  Anyhows, after waiting some time for them to get back to me, I gave up and went to plan B and contacted Ruth at Rolvenden.  She is a lovely lady has has 3 ferals who are in dire need of freedom. Mum 3 yrs old and 2 daughters 1 yr. The Riding Stables were overjoyed and I hope this all goes to plan. You see the RS just couldnt hang around there situation was they needed some cats asap to keep out the rats that were getting the upper hand. So a happy ending there and a good way to work in partnership with other smaller organisation.  Ruth mentioned she has kittens so anyone that way who is looking for one or two give her a ring. They have over 50 cats in their care at the moment.

So glad we could help asap.  Bet you;re life I will get a call next week to deal with a colony of ferals. Typical, just about timing isnt it?
Abit disappointed with the RSPCA I thought they were going to bend over backwards, but perhaps just to busy for them.

Mark, Patch (who we have yet to rename) is off to the vets tomorrow!! This will not be a pretty site, and she looks so cute and cuddly.  No way, this is a very fiesty female puss.

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat