Author Topic: Insurance Sorted,also introducing Mister Sylvester Gaudi  (Read 5089 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Insurance
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 13:59:58 PM »
Thankx Claire. I thought from what i have read here on purrs that £20.00 is a bit high !
WEll as you know i have been planing to go back home and my flat is been in the market for a while now, but few weeks back we foud out there is a major leak from my place to a neighbour so i had to pull out of market and they have to come and dig my place to find the leak :( Mean time my neighbour told me i could sell some of my things which i dont need in some sites, she gave me the names and on  Sunday i was going through them and in one they had pets >:( Well this little one was there and i thought i help him to find a home with my friends so after talking topeople and exchanging name and everything i thought no its not right so called them back and said its too far for me to travel and too expensive to go by cab. cut the story short he was droped to me at 11pm on sunday and they didnt even want to check the place :(I asked them if he was wormed and she didnt know cats have worms she said no he had fleas when we got him but washed him with flea shampoo. :-:
Right now i want to insure him , once he is settled i will take him to vet for flea and worming treatment, i havent had a kitten since 1990's but i will do my best for him. I also gave all Millie's thing to mayhew so  just have to sort few things for him.I am not planing anything atm , always prefered  to adopt older cats,which are hard to home We'll see but thanks for the reply. :hug: :hug:

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 13:59:10 PM »
We got Maizie at 10 weeks in summer 2009, insurance at that point was £7.85 a month with More Than, when it renewed this year it was £8.50. I wouldn't have renewed with More Than (I didn't know any better first time round) but they renewed automatically because I didn't cancel it. Next time I renew it will be with either Axa or Petplan! £20 per month seems very high for a young cat if there are no existing health problems!  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 13:58:00 PM »
That is ridiculously high Pav, should be around a tenner or less. Microchip has no part to play in this at all, or whether they are indoor or outdoor, male ot female and believe it or not whether they are neutered or not!!

Just to put this in pespective I was paying 17-18 pounds for each birman aged 16 years and they doubled this from Oct 23 and I have cancelled the policy for them. The other two moggies are 11-13 pounds from now, also a huge increase.

I have recently got a lot of quotes for Misa from other online places and he at 8yrs was coming in much higher than AXA at about £11.

If you would like to pm me the details I can use some of the places I wen t to before and see how they come in. the only thing that affects the quotes according to AXA is your postcode and how many claims there have been made for similiar aged kittens throught the country!!!!!!!!!!!

Agree with last poster, spill da beans  ;D ;D

So pleased you ahve another cat  :hug: :hug:

I had a plumber with his henry vacume around the side of my boiler yesterday and he picked up a not from you............how it got there I dont know but blame Misa and his filing  :innocent:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 13:10:18 PM »
Hi Pav, I'm not 100% sure, but I would have thought that microchipping would be taken into consideration.

£20 a month does seem high though, Poot's is about £10 a month, but that was taken out a year ago, and I have heard that the price of policies has shot up recently  :doh:

So who's the little one with you at the moment then? Spill the beans lol  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Insurance Sorted,also introducing Mister Sylvester Gaudi
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 12:51:21 PM »
Does anyone know if its more expensive to insure a cat/kitten if they not microchiped?
I never had insurance before and right now there is a kitten around 2 months old here with me and i got a quote from AXA and is under £20.00 a month! Is it high cuz he is not microchiped or is it more expensive for kittens than cats? Or £20.00 is reasonable?
I am sorry i know there are lots of treads about insurance but atm i cant think straight, appreciate your reply. Thanks
Pav  ;D
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 00:48:08 AM by pappilon »

Link to CatChat