Author Topic: A quick warning  (Read 2403 times)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Re: A quick warning
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 10:44:06 AM »
Glad all's well that ends well.   :hug:  Korky was a feind for plastic carriers - you can just see my hands trying to pull one from under him in my avatar.

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 00:07:05 AM »
Well after the calming tablet Amber was very cuddly and soppy which was lovely and calmed me down as well. I also had to phone my parents and calm them down as I was on the phone to them when Amber came flying through the room after knocking loads of stuff in the kitchen over and me screeching...all very dramatic.

It is something that is so easily avoided I do feel bad but I know thats a bit daft as in 10 yrs its the first time shes done it so I will have to watch out for fish bags in future.

Try not to feel guilty, everyone makes a little mistake now and again - it absolutely does not make you a bad meowmy.  :hug: You should be rewarded for your services to felines just for posting and reminding the rest of us to be more careful with carrier bags.  :hug:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 17:14:33 PM »
Well after the calming tablet Amber was very cuddly and soppy which was lovely and calmed me down as well. I also had to phone my parents and calm them down as I was on the phone to them when Amber came flying through the room after knocking loads of stuff in the kitchen over and me screeching...all very dramatic.

It is something that is so easily avoided I do feel bad but I know thats a bit daft as in 10 yrs its the first time shes done it so I will have to watch out for fish bags in future.

Nova is very cute and so is Ella. Arent they funny for getting into everything. Amber loves her boxes, open drawers, cupboards and anything else she isnt really supposed to be in  :evillaugh:

Thanks all
love
Tab

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 14:35:17 PM »
I'm glad she's ok, treats always help soothe them  :evillaugh:

I have a similar problem in that Nova gets into plastic bags but he loves them - it's just still dangerous.  Now i've learnt to stretch the carrier bag handles if I can or hide all plastic bags  :evillaugh: or this happens

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2010, 01:04:30 AM »
Hugs to you both  :hug: :hug:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 22:24:39 PM »
Amber is fine thank you. Im more the nervous wreck and trying hard to be calm in case I set her off  :evillaugh:
Shes currently doing the 'I want to get up but I cant' routine which as she could this morning I dont belive she just wants picking up  :rofl:
love
Tab

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 20:40:40 PM »
Hope Amber is ok now tab :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 20:07:45 PM »
Poot did the exact same thing last night with a large Primark paper bag, we'd been playing with it earlier and it had been fine, he went hooning into it, burst his way through, so he was wearing it  :(  He went running off so fast I couldn't catch him, its really scary and freaked both of us out :-[

So pleased Amber is fine  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 19:54:58 PM »
Was the lingering smell of fish.............I am so pleased she is OK  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 19:25:32 PM »
Thank you
Well Amber persuaded me she really needed some treats and cuddles to calm down so now shes following me around in the hope I'll give her more treats. I wont though  :evillaugh:
love
Tab

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 19:16:40 PM »
Poor Amber :care: At least you were in so you could get to her quickly, hope she calms down soon  :hug:

This happened to my childhood cat only we weren't in to witness it, came home from a meal out to find him terrified and wild eyed but thankfully with no lasting damage.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 19:16:20 PM »
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 09:33:12 AM by Si »

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
A quick warning
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 18:47:15 PM »
In all the time Amber has lived here she has shown no interest in plastic bags. Mogs used to chew the handles so I always made sure they were kept in the cupboard. Since Mogs died Ive not done that.
Today my Mum gave me a freezer bag with some fish in it and put it in a plastic bag to carry. I put the fish in the freezer and washed the freezer bag as Amber seemed really interested but never even thought about the plastic bag. About half an hour ago Amber came flying through the living room with a carrier bag around her head. She ran into the wall and then back over the settee. I grabbed at the and got the bag off her head and from around her waist and she disappeared under the bed.
Shes since come out and is totally fine but as Im supposed to be calming her down from the last stress cystitis attack Im not calm!.
I cant believe I was so stupid but it didnt occur to me that for the first time in 10yrs she would get into a carrier bag! The vet gave me some hypovase for if Amber got stressed and Ive just given her half a tablet but to be honest I think Im more stressed than she is now.
love
Tab

Link to CatChat