Author Topic: Sighted: Thetford , Norfolk - Juvenile / Young tortoiseshell black / ginger cat.  (Read 5246 times)

Offline automaticbarrier

• Kitten
Hi

Could you not get this cat and take it to a local vet to be checked for a mirco-chip ?

No. Although at the end of an hour's "suspicious behaviour" in Tesco's car park the cat was willing to eat my sausages, I wasn't willing to accept the personal injury risk of trying to pick-it-up (as "a stranger") or the road safety risk of transporting it loose in my car. I was at this Tesco - which is more than 10 miles from my home - without a cat-carrier because I was ordinarily shopping there.

There's a point where my actions in promotion of a stray cat's welfare are as much as I'm willing to do. I devoted over an hour to it spontaneously on the night I sighted it, I attempted to identify it/its owner, I've fed it two nights, I placed notices about it on several Lost/Found Cat websites and off-line I reported it to the locality's Cats Protection League. BTW, they told me that the vast majority of cats are not "microchipped".

I'm attaching a photo of the cat. She was in good health when this was taken - the right eye's slightly odd appearance is from my attempt to "photoshop" out a "glowing eye" photo-flash effect.

Regards
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 06:20:44 AM by automaticbarrier »

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Could you not get this cat and take it to a local vet to be checked for a mirco-chip ?

Offline automaticbarrier

• Kitten
Sighted:

Juvenile / Young Adult tortoiseshell cat. Torso purely black / ginger, white feet. Blue collar (with buckle) with two tiny bells.

Seen in the Tesco car park, Kilverstone Road, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24. Perhaps lost from the Charlock Road or Admirals Way housing estates.

Alternating between scavenging for food scraps and hiding under vehicles. When seen Monday 20-9-2010 at 21.45 in good health, but hungry enough to be eating fallen cake crumbs. Moving throughout car park but more so nearer store entrance and delivery access private road.

Owner, when seeking your cat at this location, take some lure food and a cat carrier to carry him/her home safely. As it's hazardous environment with continuous traffic movements, don't risk allowing the cat to jump down and run from your arms. Also, as applies to human children, please be careful not to inadvertantly call/entice the cat into the path of an approaching car - you should walk up to him/her and speak only when already close-to.

I spent an hour successfully winning the cat's trust, so I could examine its collar. Unfortunately attached to it were only bells, not an ID tag - so no phone number! If you insist your cat wears a collar, please attach something useful to it and choose a break-apart or elasticated one! link removed At least my lure sausages were nourishing for the cat!

I will be notifying local cat charities (e.g. Cats Protection League) on Tuesday, so in case you don't find the cat in the area, check if they have captured him/her.

(eta: Sorry link removed, advertising links not allowed without permission from admin)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:48:37 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat