Author Topic: Introducing (officially!!) Cooper & Peanut!  (Read 14020 times)

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Need to vent!!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 21:17:00 PM »
As I walk away from all these lovely cats in desperate need of homes, I feel so much guilt  :-[ :(

I want to hit OH on the head!!!

I'm easily pleased you see. When I look at these cats, I see them sat there unloved and I want to be their knight in shining armour and take them home, and cuddle them, and love them, and be there for them.

I don't like this feeling. It makes me want to cry  :'(

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 21:09:27 PM »
I would have been the same as you...more than happy to adopt the first suitable cat(s). I remember when I was first looking (overs 5 years ago now). A local rescue had a pair of b & w sisters who were about 11 months old and I was happy to have them just from talking to the fosterer on the phone but my then OH wasn't interested. I still feel bad now and hope they went to a good home. I then ended up with the gorgeous bourneville and I wouldn't change him for the world.
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 21:08:49 PM »
I think he needs to feel a connection rather than going for a certain look. He might not even realise that too....I can understand your frustration, though. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 21:00:11 PM »
what a shame but in fairness to your oh he isn't alone on picking on looks - hope you find who you are both looking for soon

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
Introducing (officially!!) Cooper & Peanut!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 19:35:40 PM »
 :grrrrrr:   :brick:

As some of you may be aware, the OH and I are currently looking for cats to adopt. We've seen quite a few recently, including today and well, to be fair, I could very happily take them ALL home!  ;D

OH hasn't been keen on any yet. I think he's searching for perfection and I don't care whether they've got a chunk missing out of their ear or have a gammy leg! We keep arguing about it and its starting to get to me now. I saw 2 boys today, 1 black and 1 tabby. They were 7yrs old and were really affectionate. The tabby had the biggest eyes I've ever seen, he was a right bruiser!  :Luv: However, the OH just didn't see what I saw and I feel SOOOOOOOOO frustrated!!!!  :censored: :censored: :censored:

We ended our trip at the RSPCA at Radcliffe and he spotted a few that he liked but we ran out of time so we are gonna go back next Saturday and have a proper look.

My issue is that I'm feeling bad because basically we are gonna end up with cats based on looks and I personally think it doesn't matter, but as part of a couple, I have to consider his feelings and opinions too!

I know we haven't been looking long but I kind of dread going now because I know I'll see lots I could love but I know OH won't agree!

If it was 100% up to me, I'd have chosen my furbabies by now and the wheels of adoption would be set in motion.

Just needed to get it off my chest
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 22:52:49 PM by KookyPoss »

Link to CatChat