Author Topic: Purrs treasure hunt - Help the needy cats and win great new toys!  (Read 18802 times)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Re: Purrs treasure hunt - Help the needy cats and win great new toys!
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2010, 12:54:45 PM »
What a good idea  ;D Count me in, I'm rubbish at things like this  :rofl: but will have a go anyway. Will sort out donation asap

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2010, 12:05:49 PM »
Thanks hun  :Luv:  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 22:07:30 PM »
Donated   :) Thanks for changing the time Tan much appreciated.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2010, 20:26:31 PM »
 :rofl:  coo you lads are the real deal in Pirates then!  ;D   :shify: Do you know where the treasure is  :evillaugh:

Offline Lucas and Riley

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2010, 19:38:47 PM »
Ah-ha me hearties  :ok:

Auntie Tan, the Queen of Purrs, has had this great idea for a treasure hunt... the only thing missing is contestants  :wow: Now that's where YOU come in  :naughty:

The long and short of it is that your Mum's or Dad's donate a fiver which goes directly to cat rescue where it's needed most. Your Mum or Dad then gets to have a go at a feline treasure hunt and win great prizes (for us cats of course  :P).

So.... what are you waiting for? Tell your human they can donate via paypal (button at the bottom of the page) or if they prefer cheque of bank transfer - contact Tan, Queen of Purrs, for details how to donate via cheque or bank transfer  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2010, 19:02:40 PM »
Purrs Treasure hunt to raise funds for single run cat rescues -Sunny Harbour, Paws Inn, Eight Lives and Lost cats Brighton with so many  needy ones (ave 50 kittens & Cats each) in care at mo.  :(

Basically this is a treasure hunt over the Purrs forum threads to raise funds and to win cat related prizes worth £38.  ;D
Prizes are
- The new Cat Activity Turn Around toy - http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/cat_toys/miscellaneous/186668
- A Cosy Cat Cave in your choice of pattern (pink, Giraffe or snow leopard) –http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/catalog/cat-cosy-bedsrugskatkabin-c-53.html?myosCsid=0okuotja2a259c1h8hf1tjfon1
and Two catnip knitted toys!!  ;D

Donation to take part in the Hunt and raise funds for the rescues
£5 to enter. All funds raised to be equally shared over the independent 4 cat rescues above.
Entrance donations currently collecting and up to midnight 30th September.  Payout to rescues on 1st Oct.
Can be paid by:-
-By Credit / Debit card or Paypal account by hitting our donation button at bottom of pages  via Paypal secure system (please pop in notes "Treasure hunt" or pm me to say you have donated this way )
-By chq - All chgs made payable to "Purrs In Our Hearts" (Please pm me and i can give you Purrs addy to send chq to)
-By Bank transfer to the Purrs bank account. (Please pm me and i can pm you the Purrs bank details)

The Hunt
The actual Hunt will start from 1st Oct 7pm when i will PM all entrants the 1st clue.

There will be 16 clues in total for the whole hunt.

Each clue will lead you to a thread about a cat.

Note down the name of that cat and it's 1st letter.
In each thread will be the clue to find the next thread and that cat's name and so on till you have 16 cats names.  The clues will be posted in various members posts  :sneaky: on the 1st page of the thread.

Take the 1st letter of each cat's name in the order of clues found.
Once ya have the 16 letters they form a 5 word cat related sentence. 

Then PM me (tan) via my profile or email me at Purrs@purrsinourhearts.co.uk with your answer -The cat related sentence and the name of the cat in the last clue.  (please do not post your answer in this thread)

The hunt will close on Friday 8th October 7pm.  All answers to be emailed or pm'd to me be by Friday 8th October 7pm. (you have a week to complete the hunt at your own pace and time)

All correct answers will be placed in a hat and the winner of the prizes will be picked from all correct answers live online in this thread 8pm 8th October.

That's it  ;D

Any questions pop a post in ere and i glad to help  :hug: :hug:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 19:16:43 PM by Tan »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2010, 17:31:59 PM »
 :thanks: :hug:

The 1st clue will be issued to all entrance on the 1st at 7pm but you can hunt when ya like. :)
To be totally equal for timing if some can't play as soon as the 1st clue for the hunt is given out , instead of the 1st to post the correct cat related saying and last cat's name to win the prizes,  we have adjusted it so you pm me your answer when you have done the hunt and all the correct answers will be put into a hat and the winner picked out live a week later.

This will allow peeps to play at their own pace whenever they like within a week from the start of the hunt at 7pm on 1st Oct.

I will pop a summary up in a mo so peeps know how the hunt will run and what to do :)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2010, 17:00:14 PM »
 :wow: ooh yup def count me in please!! will have a good read through later bit busy at mo  :briggin: ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2010, 16:59:14 PM »
Sorry I'm being a bit thick!! I'll happily donate a fiver, but can you only play if you're free at 7pm on 1st October??? It's really not very hard to confuse me!!  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 16:58:23 PM »
Yeap donations can be made via
-By Credit / Debit card or Paypal account by hitting our donation button at bottom of pages  via Paypal secure system (please pop in notes "Treasure hunt" or pm me to say you have donated this way )
-By chq - All chgs made payable to "Purrs In Our Hearts" (Please pm me and i can give you Purrs addy to send chq to)
-By Bank transfer to the Purrs bank account. (Please pm me and i can pm you the Purrs bank details)

All i ask is that donations are received by Midnight 30th Sept so all the funds raised can be bank transferred equally to Sunny Harbour, Paws Inn, Eight lives and Lost cats Brighton on the 1st Oct to help them through this rough time asap.  :)

Then the hunt can start on the 1st Oct to win the fab prizes. 
I will beforehand pop a summary of the hunt "how it works and what to do"

:thanks: :hug: so much for all your support for the single run rescue so far  ;D  :hug: :hug:

Keep em comin folks   ;D (here's Sir Bob again!  :-: :innocent: )

Just a fiver and every penny will help our rescues who are sooo busy with little ones at the mo and a chance to win £38 worth of cat goodies.  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 16:42:21 PM »

I'm not sure Tan does either  :evillaugh: Woops, sorry - I'll do it to myself :slap:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 14:10:35 PM »
You have a PM :shify:

Any more for any more?  :wow: Some great prizes there and all the dosh raised will be going to the Purrs registered one-man-band rescues  :)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2010, 14:02:04 PM »
if someone can pm me the bank details I'll send the money over and pm tan to let her know when I've done it

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 14:01:02 PM »
I'm happy to join but don't really understand what is going on lol!  can I do a transfer to the purrs account?

I'm not sure Tan does either  :evillaugh: Woops, sorry - I'll do it to myself :slap:

The way I understand it is that Tan will 'hide' 15 clues in other people's posts in the Rescue & Rehoming section, each clue will lead you on to where the next clue will be and the answer to each clue will be a cats name. Take the first letter of each answer to spell out a cat related sentence, add the name of the cat the last clue is about and that is the winning answer  ;D

Tan has said it's OK to donate via bank transfer or cheque if Paypal is not your thing so if you already have the details that would be fab  ;D

All donations to be paid via our donate button at the bottom of the forum (Please pop a note to say “Treasure hunt fundraiser”) or contact me for other ways to pay ie by chq or bank transfer. All donations to be in by 30th September 2010.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 13:52:31 PM »
I'm happy to join but don't really understand what is going on lol!  can I do a transfer to the purrs account?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2010, 13:39:37 PM »
Just a thought Tan...

The actual treasure hunt part of the fundraiser is only really available to people who are free at 7pm on 1st October. Would it better to pick a winner from all the correct answers from a hat? (Could do it live on Ustream for all to see) That would give everyone a fair shot at winning the fab prizes  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2010, 13:28:29 PM »
Hey, you're not thick at all - it was a veeeeeery long post  :evillaugh:

"All donations to be paid via our Paypal donate button at the bottom of the forum (Please pop a note to say “Treasure hunt fundraiser”) or contact me for other ways to pay ie by chq or bank transfer. All donations to be in by 30th September 2010."

Hope more people can spare a fiver, which when clubbed together can be such a great help to the needy rescues  :)

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2010, 11:26:44 AM »
Call me thick but it does not say where the donations need to be sent lol
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 11:05:00 AM »
Thanks so much for the entries so far  :)  :hug: :thanks: :hug:

If ya can spare a fiver to help our single run rescues Paws inn, Sunny Harbour, Lost cats Brighton and Eight Lives through this really busy hard time for them that would be fantastic  ;D
 :hug: :hug:

Not to meantion that there is £38 of cat goodies to win as well  ;) ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:05:51 AM by Tan »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 19:54:01 PM »
To be even sneakier you could edit other people's posts by adding the clues to their post, that way you couldn't just search for all posts by Tan to find the clues quickly  :sneaky:

:wow: brill plan  ;D i was trying to think of how not to give it away to easy with recent post option but popping a clue with another post wouldn't show up in recent posts option  ;D lol didn't think about the Tan post serach! thanks hun well done  ;D
I thought that i would add the last clues cat's name to be posted as well as the cat related sentence so peeps can't just guess the sentence's words with out searching for all of the 16 clues  :sneaky: :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 11:02:33 AM by Tan »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Re: Purrs treasure hunt - Help the needy cats!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 19:48:18 PM »
Count the boys in  ;D They'll have to wait til payday for their Mum to pay though as Riley's vet bills cleared me out! Luckily that's the 30th so just in time  :)
;D

Thanks so much hun that brill  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:  :thanks:  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 19:44:24 PM »
Count the boys in  ;D They'll have to wait til payday for their Mum to pay though as Riley's vet bills cleared me out! Luckily that's the 30th so just in time  :)

I will be posting the 15 clues on threads over a period of time in a mixed order up to the start of the hunt. (this is so not all the clues are shown all together on recent posts option) :sneaky:

To be even sneakier you could edit other people's posts by adding the clues to their post, that way you couldn't just search for all posts by Tan to find the clues quickly  :sneaky:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 19:22:03 PM »
Hi Andrea hun

Hmm that's a good point i will change the start of the hunt to 7pm to give workers an even break on the start.  :thanks: :hug:

Yes it will be the 1st to discipher all the clues and post the correct cat related sentence plus last 16th clue's full cat's name after the start of the hunt 7pm now on 1st Oct that wins the prizes and end of hunt. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 19:24:29 PM by Tan »

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 18:54:28 PM »
Hi Tan,

This sounds like a good idea but can you tell me how long it will be going on for and is it the first one to get the answer that wins the prize? The reason I ask is that I would like to take part but unfortunately I will be working on that day and wont get home until after five, even so I would still  like to donate :)

Andrea x

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 18:48:08 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:  :hug:

No probs  :evillaugh:

Any question i happy to answer. Not done this before lol so with anything just ask and i will make it up as i go along!!  :evillaugh: :rofl:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 19:09:41 PM by Tan »

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 18:37:09 PM »
Ok I'm in but I already made a mistake before I started. Please remember I am a man and not good at following instructions so please can some sit me down and explain the game again to me! :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 18:17:37 PM »
 :rofl: i'll pop one of these in then ....  :censored:  ;) :evillaugh:

Donations can come any time up to midnight 30th Sept so collecting from now :) . Any amount will help them buy food at least for all the little ones they have at the mo but the more we can raise the better  ;D

I know Sunny Harbour, Paws Inn, Ron and Leslie all have an ave of 50 needy kittens and cats in their care at this mo so every bit can help them care for all these needy little ones.  ;D

:hug: :thanks: so much hun

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 18:07:18 PM »
I'm in Tan

and if you want to sound like Sir Bob, I'm afraid you are going to have to polish up seriously on your swear words :evillaugh:

do you want immediate payment or are you waiting to see how many want to join in?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 18:08:12 PM by trigger, Reason: addition »
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Purrs treasure hunt - Help the needy cats and win great new toys!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 18:03:42 PM »
It’s a very busy time in Cat rescue and so many many are struggling at the mo  :(
This is bit of fun to support our independent, single run cat rescues who rely purely on donations to care for the cats in need – Sunny Harbour, Paws Inn, Eight lives and Lost cats Brighton.  They all have sooo many needy cats in at the mo they really need a bit of help......................

Would you like to take part in our fun Treasure Hunt to raise some much needed funds our independent rescues? Not only that, we have great prizes up for winning –
The new Cat Activity Turn Around toy -http://www.zooplus.ie/shop/cats/cat_toys/miscellaneous/186668
And a Cosy Cat Cave in your choice of pattern (pink, Giraffe or snow leopard) –
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/catalog/cat-cosy-bedsrugskatkabin-c-53.html?myosCsid=0okuotja2a259c1h8hf1tjfon1
and if that's not enough... Two catnip knitted toys!!  :wow: :wow:

Here’s how it works.
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,34331.msg610098.html#msg610098

I know times are hard at the mo for lots but if we can spare just a £5, we will be really helping some of our single run rescues who are really really struggling at the mo. :(  Can ya help us help them and have a bit of fun as well?  ;D
(coo i sound like Sir Bob!  :hee hee:)

Soooo If you would like to help our single rescues at the mo, please pop a post in ere and pop your £5 donation through by 30th Sept.  I will email you the 1st clue at 7pm on 1st Oct and off ya go to winning some great prizes and helping our rescues through this really hard time  ;D

:thanks: :hug:

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 19:08:34 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat