Author Topic: Sunny Harbour Update - cute pics too! :-) Updated 18/02/2011  (Read 9917 times)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Re: Sunny Harbour Update - cute pics too! :-) Updated 08/11/10
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2010, 12:32:38 PM »
Thanks for the update Sarah, you are mega busy as usual. Sorry to hear about the babes you have lost but fantastic news about the charitable status  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2010, 21:21:35 PM »
No probs Sarah know how busy you are now we have the same numbers :rofl:  I also have 2 Doggies though :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2010, 21:14:12 PM »
oh - yes thanks go to Liz for the nudge adn reminder... though how I forgot I don't know but obviously just too much going on in my head at the moment.

Our piece of great news is that we have been granted charitable status for Sunny Harbour and are just awaiting our official notification :)  :)

we've worked really hard for this and are really pleased at how things are going with our application to date!!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2010, 21:13:50 PM »
Sarah and Paul  - lots of these for you both  :hug: :hug: - hope things continue to ease.

If you visit the harbour site you will also see some wonderful news that Sarah has forgotton to add ;D

Had a look -  probably being a bit thick - any chance of a clue  :shify:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2010, 20:53:21 PM »
If you visit the harbour site you will also see some wonderful news that Sarah has forgotton to add ;D

what bit did I forget Liz?  in fact probably a heck of a lot....  lol

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2010, 20:51:32 PM »

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
Re: Sunny Harbour Update - Updated 08/11/10
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2010, 20:46:09 PM »
Hi Guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates this last few weeks - I've popped on and off for a couple of minutes at a time with full intention of posting an update however each time I do some drama or another kicked off here - and trust me there have been loads both cat and family related with the death of sarahs aunt who raised her as a child!!   We are 'just' seeing the light at the end of the tunnel here at the moment.  To say It has been a rather challenging 4-5 weeks since the beginning of October is putting it mildly and we are in honesty completely exhausted.  :tired: :tired:

We have thus far lost 2 adults from the hoarding 12 sadly these were father to daughter matings and the cause of death for these 2 couldn't be pin pointed so we are putting it down to nature.  The remaining 10 are thus far holding their own however we are not taking anything for granted at all where they are concerned and as a result we have decided that they will remain with us here at the Harbour for the next few weeks so that we can monitor them properly and bring them on.  There are still a couple that are very timid but they now have our front room cordoned off for them to run around in so a tad more space for them and I can report that they are mostly running around like loons.  ;D  ;)

We peaked at around 72 inmates in the last month which I am happy to report we now have down to around 55 all of varying ages, readiness, etc and quite a few more reserved for adoption to go when they are ready.  On top of the deluge of litter trays and feeding we also had a mild flu going round everyone so all were medicated up to the hilt and sleep - well what's that!?.  Thankfully that is now 99% clear and it is just the last odd snuffle clearing.

Daisy's babies who were born at the beginning of last month have had a rocky start.  We did believe there was a chance that they were the result of a sibling mating and sadly we lost 1 of the little boys a couple of weeks ago due to what is believed under developed lungs.  Thankfully it was very quick and he went peacefully in my arms.  We were also gutted that the very same night we lost one of the hoarder kittens so losing 2 in one night really took its toll physically and mentally but I suppose as always you just have to keep trudging on...   :tired:  :tired:  :shocked:

Wee Ronnie who I mentioned in my last update with the heavy worm burden has done well but it has been a roller coaster ride for her as for every step forward she seems to make 2 steps backwards.  She is getting there but it is proving a long road but she is a fighter and turns into a true ninja - all teeth and claws when it comes to medication time!!   :shocked:

Our little bin baby hand rears are now all grown up and moving off to their new homes over the next couple of weeks.  Its amazing to think they were just thrown away with the trash and yet now they are looking amazing.

despite being officially closed for intakes we have still ended up dealing with a few last minute emergencies and horrid situations and these babies are now safe at the Harbour being given TLC to bring them on ready for new homes.  ;)

Re homing continues to go OK however is time consuming in itself to those spare 10 minutes although rare tend to be spent gazing into the ether for inspiration rather than anything constructive  :( 

We have also spent the last week re-fitting out the cat room into a well organised state with proper storage instead of shelf upon shelf and trying to improve the amount of storage we have and keep as much as possible tucked away.  Thankfully after 4 days of sorting, cutting, and assembling we seem to be pretty much there.   ;D

I hope this lets you see just how busy we have been and that we have not forgotten you all  :hug:  :hug:  we think of everyone often but just getting time to sit for 15 mins to write an update can be more difficult than it seems at the moment.  I apologise for the lack of photos in this post and hope I have't sent you all to sleep.

Will try and get some photo's very soon.   Both Paul & I send our love to everyone and hope to be back 'proper' very soon
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline AllShookUp

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Annastasia 1994-2009
  • Slave to: Elvis & Miki-MooMoo
Re: Sunny Harbour Update - cute pics too! :-) Updated 05/10/10
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2010, 20:21:07 PM »
I will give a kitty a good house ;)

I have emailed you about it anyhoo heehee  ;D

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2010, 20:02:15 PM »
Wondering how you are all doing at Sunny Harbour?  :hug: :hug:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 23:44:55 PM »
Oh she is beeeeeeeautiful!

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 23:41:31 PM »
Hi Hun

Huge hugs to you both and all little ones at the harbour  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I hope the 4 out of the 12 will pick up and be as strong as the other 8  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hope All sniffles will die down soon. Just want to give them all cuggle  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Little girl in video is so wonderful. Thank god she is with you both now. She is lovely and pulls at my heart strings  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Love to all of you for every min of the day and night  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2010, 18:52:08 PM »
I actually feel exhausted just reading your post Sarah  :hug: Really hope things start to calm down soon and the little ones with the sniffles perk up :care:

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
Re: Sunny Harbour Update - cute pics too! :-) Updated 28/09/10
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2010, 16:18:16 PM »
Your latest arrival is  :Luv2: she seems a lovely friendly little girl. I hope she finds a forever home soon.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2010, 15:43:01 PM »
thanks guys yes things are pretty hectic to say the least!!!

Our little ones are slowly getting bigger and more independent which is great to not have to do night feeds at the moment with so many here.  We are both exhausted but just got to keep plodding away :)

The kittens from the hoarding situation are doing OK and 8 of the 12 are coming on well. 4 of them however are a tad further behind with 1 in particular turning in circles and keeps losing control of the back end which flops over. Vets thoughts are that it is to do with malnutrition which has affected her development physically however feels that it should improve as she gets older. Time will tell.

The other 3 are very quiet and to be honest I think like their sister have had development issues but as with their sister time will tell.

To add to our troubles at the moment we have now had an outbreak of the snuffles!! (just what we needed) so our main kitten area is sneezing away but thankfully not coming to anything and running its course in 7-10 days... so having to deal with a stream of sore eyes and runny noses.  Hoping that it has just about worked its way through them all and things can settle back to normal soon  :tired:

Scrappy a wee kitten that was being sold for drug money has improved and though I don't want to say too much today he has been a lot better in himself and not nearly as ill looking - paws are crossed.

We also (despite being closed) had to deal with a call no Saturday night after our return from the Sponsored Event.  Just got settled after getting the kitties done, had dinner and the phone rang at 9.45pm. Kitten been found very thin, filthy and wandering around outside. Reported as around 5-6weeks.

Ordinarily we would have asked them to try another Edinburgh rescue however they all close of an evening and over the weekend and the woman who had taken her in was moving home the following morning. So off Paul went bless him returning very very tired at 11pm.

She was indeed filthy, thin and with a tummy like a melon her worm burden was so bad.  Age wise slightly older and around 10 weeks of age but a real sweetie.  Got her settled in a pen in our bedroom and treated for her 'friends' and she very quickly drank down plenty of water and took on some food - then slept for the next couple of days.

I got a short video of her last night as she had brightened up which you can see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4W2FrREonY

Daisy and her babies are doing really well and she is being SUCH a good mummy.

Have to make a move for now but will be back soon with more updates and photo's for you all
 :hug:   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 10:26:19 AM »
Sounds pretty hectic there Sarah  :Crazy: You weren't lying about the cute pics were you! That little grey and white one will do just fine thankyou  :naughty:

He's mine all mine  :sneaky:

Now just to figure out best way to walk from Bournemouth to Sunny Harbour to pop him in my coat  :evillaugh:

Love to all at the Harbour hun  :hug: :hug: :hug:

[spoiler]Hunt -This gorgeous little Ginge & White kitten has certainly got his Paws inn after Cherry his mum was rescued! [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 22:42:33 PM by Tan »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 17:41:00 PM »
The little tortie one for me pls, thnx  :naughty:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 15:46:20 PM »
Sounds pretty hectic there Sarah  :Crazy: You weren't lying about the cute pics were you! That little grey and white one will do just fine thankyou  :naughty:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 15:44:12 PM »
Hi Sarah & Paul and all the millions of little ones at Sunny Harbour.

Oh gosh hun i don't know how you are coping with more coming in.  :-: Are you sure you have a bedroom left for you and paul?!  :-:

I really find it hard to understand people even though have best intentions and love animals can get into such worries when they don't get their pets neutered & Spayed. Of course they are going to mate and of course that will produce many many more to feed!  What do they honestly think happens!?   :sigh:

I soo hope that you have had a good response to the Ball going down hill sponsor event that you are doing. I know you need all the help you can get at the mo.

Peeps, if you would like to take part in the sponsor event to help Sunny Harbour through this rough time - please take a look here :)
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,34121.msg606728.html#msg606728

Sending over all my love to you all
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
Re: Sunny Harbour Update - cute pics too! :-)
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 10:06:06 AM »
OMG Miss Daisy's babies are beautiful and she is stunning!!   :Luv2: :Luv2:

Hope rehoming improves for everyone!  :hug: :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 09:29:20 AM »
Thanks Tan hun :hug: :hug:

Our report to the SSPCA was a doozey I have to admit but it all boiled down to the womans son having an allergy - which he CLEARLY did - but she wouldn't admit it and I had to trick it out of her. We did offer her a months trial to make sure her son wouldn't be allergic to the cats chosen or make him ill but her answer to that was that even if they did make him ill she wouldn't tell us as he wanted a kitten so he was getting one - just not from Sunny Harbour was my reply.  She was furious but after being more than accommodating to come up with options for them to ensure that her son would be OK... but she just couldn't see that.

Homings are going OK with 4 going over the weekend.... however 4 out and 4 in as Miss Daisy had her babies!  :Luv2:   4.5 hours of labour and she gave us 4 of the most gorgeous babies and is being such a good mummy.

Little Scrappy had a terrible weekend but he finally picked up yesterday and started eating of his own accord (rather than me force feeding or syringe feeding) and has got his voice back so has been screaming at me non stop since last night - all a good sign!

We also got involved with a local hoarding case last Friday after a man came to our door almost in tears looking for help.  he had 4 females adn 1 male cat all un neutered and breeding like rabbits.  All were indoor only cats as he lives in a top floor flat and he was living with the adults 3 of which are pregnant again and 12 kittens from 3 mothers!  Presented with such a case we either had to act now or face and even bigger problem in a few weeks time.  So we took in the 12 kittens and thus far have neutered his tom cat and 1 female. We are waiting to hear when the females have their kittens so that we can then get them neutered and the kittens in for rehoming as well as basic care. 

He does care in his own way but was running out of money to feed them all which was clearly apparent for the first few days as the kittens were fighting over food  :(

So an already full Sunny Harbour is now bursting at the seams!  but they are all squeezed in and that is physically all we can take until numbers come down some more.

We were really pleased to be able to place Star & Orion into their new home onSunday and they settled in really well although we did get the 'don't leave us' eyes as we left them which made me feel really terrible but reports thus far are that they are doing really well.

My little hand rears of 3weeks are thus far improving really well and all signs of their initial eye infections and poor start are subsiding although there is still 1 of them that I am a little concerned about but it may just be me.  This was a piccie I snapped of the little tortie girl that I just love!

Will update more soon but best get on as my babies are calling for food.... hope you enjoy the pics... will post more again soon  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 16:38:43 PM »
Oh God hun. I sooo feel for you at the mo with sooo many little ones in to care for.  It does seem an awful time at the mo for rescue. I just wish i had a big house and land to help and i would be doing the rounds over the country to you all to adopt a bigger family. :)

So many coming in to rescue .. are you finding it slower to find homes for them?

I can't believe someone spoke to the SSPCA cause you wouldn't rehome to them!

Sending all my love over  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 09:22:13 AM »
thanks all I have tried to get back to update again but to say we are swamped is an understatement.  We were already bursting at the seams and then found ourselves dealing with a local hoarding case on Friday with a local man with 18 cats and kittens.  We have had to make room for 12 kittens of varying ages by buying some more additional cages as we couldn't leave them where they were.  We are now arranging to work our way through neutering the adults that he has although 3 of the females there are already pregnant again so we need to wait until they have given birth. :Crazy:

I am also waiting on our wee stray girl dropping kittens any time now and with still bottle feeding every 4 hours and so many babies here sleep is a luxury ill afforded at the moment :tired:

To add to our stress at the moment we also had a disgruntled 'person report us to the SSPCA as we refused to rehome to her family for a variety of reason - which she was none too happy about despite us being more than accommodating with her and that was how she repaid us!  Obviously our spot inspection went fine and that was an end to it all but it was and extra stress I really could have done without!!

We also have a little one we have called Scrappy as he really is just a wee scrap of a thing.  He's just now doing great at all and after thinking we got over the worst with him we got up this morning to find him really listless again!    :scared:  just never ending at the moment!

I will try and update more very soon I promise :hug:  and get some more piccies for you all
 :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 13:51:56 PM »
Oh my goodness you are full to the brim  :Crazy: Thank you for the update and the gorgeous pics, must admit to a soft spot for Renie and Oliver MMP  :Luv2: but all are of course wonderful. Great news about Star and Orion, you have done such a wonderful job with them and bless Mimi, how can people overlook her she is yummy  :Luv2:

Here's hoping for some lovely new homes to come along and that things quieten down for you  :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 13:19:45 PM »
Loving Charlie and Scamp  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

So nice to see Star and Orion looking so much better, wonderful  :hug:

Loving Smokey too - so much like my Elsa RIP  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 09:00:54 AM »
 :Luv2:  All just gorgeous,

poor Smokey giver her a cuddle from me please, hopefully she'll soon find a new forever home  :hug:

and the ones overlooked  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 19:40:42 PM »
Hi Sarah and Paul ..... OMG your babies are all gorgeous and I'm sure they will find forever homes soon.  The week ginger furry babies are  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 17:25:25 PM »
Hi Sarah & Paul  :Luv:

Wonderful post and pics hun thanks you so much.  :hug: 
So Sad to hear you are so so busy :( but also glad these littel ones have found you wonderful lot as they will now have a wonderful life ahead.
So lovely to hear Star and Orion have a new family :) 
 :'( for the 3 girls that came to you starving and what happened to them and their little ones  :'(  I hope they will be ok and blossum in your loving care.  :Luv: :Luv:

Can't understand why noone has snapped up Milly. She is lovely. Oh how i wish i had a huge house and land!

I wanted to send loads of love over your way and  loads of hugs  :hug: :hug: :hug:

If anyone can help the wonderful Sunny Harbour through this busy time by sponsoring Paul & Beth with their  " throwing themselves down a hill at 45mph"  :-: please see this link - http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,34121.0.html

or pop direct to Sarah's site here http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,34121.0.html

Every penny will go to help Sunny and the many many cats that need their care.  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 16:17:35 PM »
Crumbs you guys are busy !!!!!  Hope it all calms down and you get some forever homes for the babes in your care.

:Luv2: Mimi by the way, how on earth is she being overlooked  :Luv: :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 16:02:52 PM »
See you are busy as usual!

You now officially have more cats than we do :shocked:

Miss Skye is coming on but is still a slasher so is work in progress - Robin tried brushing yesterday wearing welding gauntlets she has still to fogive him for that indignity but hioping she will come out and pay again with some of the Clan thank goodness they aren't phased by a physco tabby who uses laguage unbecoming a lady! :rofl:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
Sunny Harbour Update - cute pics too! :-) Updated 18/02/2011
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 15:51:06 PM »
I’m sorry that we haven’t been around much to update you all on the goings on here at the Harbour and I will apologise now as this is quite a long post but I have made up for that with piccies  ;) . The last few weeks have been a nightmare for us and we are utterly swamped.  We have had to make the decision to close the door to all admissions until such times as we can get numbers down a tad as we have just reached 58 Harbour babies and the Harbour cannot flex any more than it is already.  :'(

Our current brood range from ol Smokey to little teeny babies we are hand rearing and everything possible in between.  I’ve listed  a few of our cases below for you all including some piccies that I hope you will enjoy!

Trapping at the colony is pretty much on hold just now as we just don’t have the man power, time, resources for it right now. We are still monitoring and feeding but for now they will just have to stay as is.

That said, we did remove a mum and her 2 kittens about 6 weeks ago and all 3 are doing really well now.  Both Renie & Oliver MMP are doing really really well and are now socialising with the others and you can pop in, pick them up and they will come cuddle up with you to watch TV.

Renie

Oliver MMP

Mum (Duchess) is still in our ‘cat ward’ for now and she is the most sookiest wee thing although can get a tad over excited and wants to play rather than let you clean…. Can prove bit painful at times as if you don’t pay her attention you get a swift slap!

That said however she is just a big cuddly teddy bear really and loves to show off her tummy and flop around with ear and chin rubs a particular favourite.  She will even eat out of your hand too and is ever so gentle.

We are pretty much standing room only just now and having restricted to taking in only emergency / urgent cases around 4 weeks ago we have now had to close the doors completely as we just physically have nowhere for anything to go and aside from which food and veterinary costs are spiralling.

Some of you may remember Star & Orion who came to us as a result of a domestic violence situation.  They have done really well and despite their horrific background have really bounced back.  Star is suffering with rhinitis and poor Orion had a number of loose teeth and poor teeth in general. He has now had his teeth cleaned and loose ones removed and is feeling much happier in himself.  It has taken a few baths to get him to groom himself however we do seem to be getting there.  We were also really happy when a lovely family decided to adopt the duo.  We hope they will be ready to go to their new home within the next 1-2 weeks.

Together

Star

Orion

We also have Daisy – a heavily pregnant female stray kitty (black) who should be due to drop any day.  She is settling herself into the cat ward much to her disgust but certainly better than sleeping at the bottom of a garden after her owners moved away and left her behind couple of years ago.

Molly and her sons Jed & Eddie (Jedward) have done really really well. Molly can be a tad feisty and is now up for adoption and Jed & Eddie have a family coming to see them later today so we are hopeful of a booking for them now that they are ready to leave us.

Molly

Stevie is our current resident disabled cat that we believe may be suffering from CH or certainly that’s what we are swaying towards as most likely cause of her problems.  We had hoped to have Stevie moved through to the dining room for a bit more exercise however the best laid plans always seem to go to pot!  She is for now though very happy, content wee soul who is enjoying a cosy comfy bed and food regularly.

Mimi bless her wee soul is still with us and looking for a forever home it just seems that everytime someone comes to see her they end up taking another kitty home  :(

Mimi

Smokey our oldie at the Harbour just now (well here anyways) arrived with us a few weeks ago. 12 years old and her owner was taken into care due to dementia. She has found the adjustment difficult but all in all she has been very good… just don’t touch her feet!!

Smokey

Then we have Smudge who just seems to be overlooked bless her – a sweet little dark tortie!

Then we have blossom who came to us couple of weeks ago after being found wandering the streets. Turned out she was pregnant so the caller phoned us and we brought her and her babies into the Harbour.  Yet another little Black female cat of only around 12-18mths old with 4 little babies… what colour…. Yes Black!!

We also have Korky who came to us as a very thin stray and he is the most handsome, distinguished dude but just hates other cats so doesn’t show his true potential.

Korky

Ollie too is a cheeky wee chap who has a habit of using hands as toys… a habit to be broken and we hope that an experienced home will come along soon.

Ollie

We also have Molly & Lily and Bubbles & Squeak, Harry, our 4 hand rears from August (ginger & torties in pic) as well as Rio & Bow, Mia a 5mth old female kitten and 2 3 wk old kittens whose mother cat had attacked them.

Hand Rear Kitties & Blossoms Babies

harry

On top of all of these we also have our 12 permanent guests and our latest arrivals.

These are 2 female sisters of 1 year old just had their 2nd litter and a mother cat of 4 babies who are just 2 weeks old.  There were supposed to be 4 babys with the 2 1yr old girls however 2 died (suspect over infestation of fleas) and the other 2 ‘were stood on and died’ apparently. All 3 female adults are extremely thin and mum to the 4 babies is emaciated. 

Her 4 babies (see pic) are all filthy, weak, dehydrated and suffering with eye infections and so are on Synulox drops at the moment and crossing our fingers as they definitely putting up a fight to switch to bottle feeding but a step we feel is necessary as there is SO little to mum she really needs to direct all her energy into putting weight on and gaining some strength.

2 wk old babies

We also have Charlie & Scamp who were originally destined for further shores but after stopping with us for a couple of nights we decided that they could stay until we find them a new home.

Charlie & Scamp

There are numerous others but this gives you an idea of the cases we are working on just now and how swamped we are… surviving on little sleep, stressed and generally very worn out.

Despite this, Paul & our neice Bethany have volunteered themselves (well OK been co-ersed) into throwing themselves down a hill at 45mph in aid of the Harbour Babies.  If anyone would like to sponsor them (they are hoping to raise £500) please see their collections page or email myself.  Any amount no matter how small really helps especially with just SOOO many here just now 

We are being very bad and have arranged to get footage of them rolling down the hill that we can post and share it all with you lol They keep telling me I’m evil but I don’t think so… but I have to admit I am very much looking forward to the 2nd October and their ‘shove’ down the hill ;)

I’ll try my best to keep this updated for you all.  We do try but it is so hard at times when it is only the two of us and so many cats. 

and for those who have been kind enough to read to the end a wee treat of cuteness in the form of the boy kitten 3 wks old whose mother attached him.  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

All the Harbour babies send their love to all their pals on purrs.

:hug: :hug:

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 09:35:55 AM by madkittyrescue »

Link to CatChat