Author Topic: I am so angry - a neighbour threw a stone at Effie  (Read 4104 times)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Re: I am so angry - a neighbour threw a stone at Effie
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 18:06:56 PM »
he sounds like a thoroughly unintelligent unpleasant person

I couldn't agree more, sorry you have such a horrible neighbour, some people are just not worth bothering about. Here's hoping you get that fab new home very soon and  :censored: to your neighbour  :evillaugh:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 07:23:58 AM »
he sounds like a thoroughly unintelligent unpleasant person
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 07:16:48 AM »

Simon, I'm really sorry to read that you've had such horrendous difficulties with your neighbours.  I echo the advice of Firefox and Gill  - for the sake of letting the house sale go through without problems, might be best to keep calm (and I know - it's easy for me to say!  :hug:) and let it go by until completion takes place.   Adding my hopes to those already voiced that you can get a fab new home for you and Sean, Ella and Effie.   

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 01:51:49 AM »
Yes Firefox has a valid point there in the last sentence,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,however I reckon a solicitor would tell you that this will not cause a problem with a new owner cos its you he apparently doesnt like..................sigh, some peeps!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 01:33:55 AM »
Sounds like your neighbour is thick as pigshit intellectually challenged, first he attempts to harm your cat then he hurls homophobic abuse  - you'd think getting caught in an illegal act might make him think twice about committing a second with the same witness present:evillaugh: Think carefully how far you take this as you will have to declare any official neighbour disputes to the new owners.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 22:23:39 PM »
what a very unpleasant man.  sounds like he's slightly confused too.  does he think Effie is "queer"?  if its being queer that he objects to then why didnt he throw a stone at you?  not brave enough obviously  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 20:30:07 PM »
Stupid narrow minded people - keep smiling Hun x

Hope Effie keeps away from the moron, my neighbour dislikes cats and only one of mine is "free range" I have told the neighbour that if Charlie is annoying him just shoo him away but made it clear that I would not tolerate any type of cruelty - have to laugh though because when they go away Charlie goes to the toildet in the soil in their greenhouse but doesnt go near when they are home - they have the biggest cucumbers in Lincs but I have never told them why  :rofl:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 20:06:39 PM »
 :tired: Have had that before, though never outright: I just get the snide comments telling me what men can do etc! I'm not sure what gives others the right to judge people they dont know, lots enjoy it so though..

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 19:53:26 PM »
I've just read through this and can't believe how hateful some people can be.  It's bad enough that he's so disgustingly prejudiced, but to take that prejudice out on an innocent cat is despicable. I hope Effie has recovered OK from the shock. It must be such a worry for you.  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 19:40:47 PM »
Effie has never been normal  :rofl: :rofl: She is outside hunting a magpie at the moment but Effie's definition of hunting is that the magpie come to her and rolls over!  :rofl:

LOL!  :evillaugh:

Just love that  :evillaugh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 19:20:49 PM »
Effie has never been normal  :rofl: :rofl: She is outside hunting a magpie at the moment but Effie's definition of hunting is that the magpie come to her and rolls over!  :rofl:

LOL!  :evillaugh:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 19:07:10 PM »
Oh charming  >:( so thats his reason for throwing stones at Effie? I despair sometimes  :Crazy:  Hope Effie is back to normal now  :hug:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 12:22:34 PM »
Poor baby - is she ok now?

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 13:15:51 PM »
When I read your last post Jen I thought perhaps that your fiancĂ©e's reaction would be OTT but the more I think of it the more I just know my OH would also go mental if he saw someone attacking any of ours.  I think such a reaction would however definitely be the wrong thing to do and would just serve to inflame matters. 

Hope Effie is feeling more settled today  :hug: I applaud you holding back.

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2010, 11:51:08 AM »
Oh hun, i'm s sorry about that happening - sending both of yours hugs   :hug:

It's funny because my fiancee pretends that he's not bothered about Katie and "not really a cat person" but if anyone was to ever hurt Katie he would go absolutely mental! I truely mean that, he'd get into a fight if it was about our cat. A man once kicked his dog in the park and Andy knocked him to the ground! He's not proud of it, but he says that our animals sometimes can't stand up for themselves and hesees him as their protector!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2010, 12:20:34 PM »
I would be fuming big time.  Poor Effie!  Fingers crossed you can move away sooner rather than later.   It's things like this that make me glad my boys are indoor cats.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2010, 10:39:45 AM »
I would be livid  >:(

I think it might be worth paying a solicitor to write a stiff letter along the lines of 'If anything happens to either of the cats, you will be the suspect'

I would probably end up being locked up if anyone harmed one of mine as I would do anything for them.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2010, 01:19:53 AM »
So pleased she is Ok  :hug: :hug:

My neighbour has threatened to shoot mine and know he has a rifle  >:(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 23:50:05 PM »
 :censored:

I'll never understand how people can be so mean   >:( Hope Effie gets over being spooked, give her a gentle :care: from me and the boys

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 22:27:03 PM »
i am very confrontational when it comes to my animals.  i'm not surprised you are both so mad.    i'd be murderous if somebody threw something at any of them  :hug:

agree!

Glad shes ok  :hug:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
Re: I am so angry I can barely breathe
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 21:16:37 PM »
Poor Effie.    Thank goodness he didn't hit her.     Not surprised you are angry.    Hope the house hunting goes well and that you find somewhere suitable soon.
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Bonkers Mad!!!

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lupus, Jack, Fat Andy, Milky,Shenzy, Ollie, Teddy bear, Jemima Spider, Socks, Sam, Merlin, Mouse and Smudge
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 21:09:07 PM »
i am very confrontational when it comes to my animals.  i'm not surprised you are both so mad.  i'm so lucky with my neighbours.  i hate it where i am as for the most part they are stuck up snobs but nobody has ever had a problem with my cats.  more than one neighbour gives them treats and 2 of mine spend their days in other peoples houses.  i'd be murderous if somebody threw something at any of them  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods;  they have not forgotten this  - Terry Pratchett

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 20:47:38 PM »
Horrible man.

Good luck with your house search. We are still at the internet stage of house hunting, putting off moving until early new year. Each house I look at, its the garden I give most consideration to. I so want to be able to cat proof it.

Nicky

Offline Sayj

• Adult Cat
    • www.cheekyrats.com
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 19:34:31 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: What an :censored: :censored: :censored: That's awful, people make me so angry, I would have wanted to throw a brick at him, I don't know what I would do if someone tried to harm any of my beloved pets >:( you're better off moving to a nicer place and I hope you find one soon  :hug:
All my kids have fur and tails :) x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 18:45:02 PM »
Shame on him. >:(

I'd love to live somewhere with a big garden I could cat proof. Would feel a lot happier, but it's just not plausible.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 18:29:24 PM »
My neighbour hates cats and blames mine for everything going on in his garden. His other neighbour has 4 cats and I've even seen him pick one of them up so I guess its not really the cats he hates.

Luckily so far, its been restricted to shouting and moaning loudly whenever I am in the garden.

If you've had an offer on the house, take it and look for somewhere.

If I ever move again (it will be a downwards move next) I will ensure that the new garden has good fences and can be cat proofed - at least that way, I don't have to worry about roads or neighbours or anything else.

Also if the legislation ever changes to give cats the same legal right as dogs, it will also probably give them the same restrictions and after all, you wouldn't put up with the neigbours dog roaming in your garden.

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 18:20:10 PM »
I can't believe the mentality of some people. Poor Effie! Hope she's okay and not been frightened by that experience...

Some people give me such rage... If someone had done that to Possum, I know that my OH would have gone out and bought a gun!  :evillaugh:

Give your gorgeous girlies a big squeeze from me  :hug:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
I am so angry - a neighbour threw a stone at Effie
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 17:58:30 PM »
Where we live we have our own garden and then a large open communial garden for us and all neighbours. My OH just called me to the kitchen as Ella and Effie were sat in the square and the cat from opposite Silver was out and my OH said to come and look out of the kitchen window. Now the three cats are obsessed with one another and tend to follow one another around and play together. Silver was rolling around the grass with Ella and Effie watching. Then Silver walked away and Ella and Effie started stalking in the grass towards her.

A neighbour was standing at his door talking to a woman and as Effie walked past. He bent down, walked towards her calmly, so he was close and picked up something that looked like a stone and threw it at her >:( Effie ran like a loon. My partner was in a pair of shorts and went mad so didn't want to run out of the door, I saw red and I went running out and shouting. "What the hell do you think you are doing throwing something at my cat" He said that they were chasing Silver and I said "How dare you throw something, if I see you throwing something again, i will throw something at you, It's a cat showing cat behaviour you don't throw something at it !" :Crazy: I then turned away.

However Sean came out after finally managing to get dressed and shouted some expletive or another and I thought there was going to be a fight. I dragged Sean in calmed him down whilst out neighbour is pacing up and down screaming something in a language we don't understand. Sean wants to go and clear the air but I know he won't be calm as the girls are our world and you go for them and......

We had just had an offer of a sale on this place and want to move. i have lived here seventeen years but we want to get out of London and spent the weekend looking, I really hope it goes to plan as this is the icing on the cake.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 21:17:46 PM by Ella & Effie »

Link to CatChat