Author Topic: Cat Wormer Poll very important please complete.  (Read 13493 times)

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
Re: Cat Wormer Poll very important please complete.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 18:11:41 PM »
I haven't voted (yet) as I don't worm regularly so haven't used anything since July 1st. Not sure whether the date is important, which is why I've not voted so far. When I do worm I use Drontal and I probably worm about 3 times a year.

Would say it is effective as he doesn't have any worms that I'm aware of. No reaction, ever. I find it very easy to worm him. Wormers are never given around vaccinations since I, a) rarely vaccinate and b) don't like putting too many chemicals in let alone an overdose to his system.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
Re: Cat Wormer Poll very important please complete.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 17:48:21 PM »
I use Drontal or Milbemax.

I find Milbemax easier for the adults from the pov that it is a much smaller tablet for large cats rather than trying to wrestle 1 Drontal XL and a Drontal down their neck.

I worm kittens every month up until 8 months of age and then worm them every 3 months. Adults I worm every 3 months. At the old house when mice could get into the cat run I would worm them every month as they were catching lots of mice.

I wormed my kittens with Drontal the day after their 2nd vaccinations and they had no reaction at all.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Cat Wormer Poll very important please complete.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 17:34:32 PM »
Would be very grateful for comments on how easy you found the product to use, how effective you think it was,how often you worm your cat/kitten and also eager to hear of any cat/kitten becoming ill within a week or two of being wormed.
Also if any cat had a bad reaction was the wormer given around same time as vaccine.
I know this is asking a lot but it is very important right now  :thanks:

Link to CatChat