Author Topic: 8 wk old Kitten needing new home (Sorted)  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: 8 wk old Kitten needing new home (Sorted)
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 09:49:59 AM »
Fingers crossed the little one is ok now xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
Re: 8 wk old Kitten needing new home
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 19:29:36 PM »
A lady from the woman's church is going to take him, lets just hope his new home is better!  :)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 16:56:00 PM »
Do you know anyone that could look after him temporarily while they try to find him a new home? They might even fall in love with him and keep him  ;)

I can't think of anyone  :(
I can't take him because I'd want to keep him separate from Lacie and my rabbit and have no where to put him, also hes going to need a trip to the vets and I have no spare money at all. My sister in law can't have him because she can't have pets in her flat, my inlaws have a dog, my mum has a so far unvaccinated kitten already so don't want to put him at risk at all, my sister also has unvaccinated cats....I asked around on facebook but got no replies. I'm thinking that ringing round rescues may be the only option but there may not even be a space for him there.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 16:34:14 PM »
Do you know anyone that could look after him temporarily while they try to find him a new home? They might even fall in love with him and keep him  ;)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 14:22:58 PM »
Any advice on what to do about this little lad?  :(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 09:54:31 AM »
people with an attention span of a goldfish really shouldn't have pets but of course do - I got a call from my sister the other day  (apparently I know all about cats) - when can her neighbour let her new 6 week old kitten out???

its heartbreaking how many of them need saving from owners

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 20:51:53 PM »
She sounds like a  :censored: to be honest! Hopefully someone can find him a loving home where he isn't with 50 others left alone either! 

• Senior Cat
8 wk old Kitten needing new home (Sorted)
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 20:18:29 PM »
Hi everyone, I was talking to my sister in law last night and she told me about her friend that has just bought a kitten.
Basically, the women's sister's cat had a litter and she was going to have one of those but for some ridiculous reason about naming the kitten, she said she couldn't have him anymore!  :tired:
Anyway, she had bought everything for her new arrival so bought a kitten for £20 through an advert in the paper. This women REALLY shouldn't have bought this kitten. She has had him all of about 48 hours and she already wants rid! She says she can't look after him as she has had surgery on her back so cannot bend down to clean his litter tray, put his food down, get him out from under the bed e.t.c and she has tripped over him several times already.(Why she didn't think about this before, I don't know.)
The kitten is a long haired black and white boy (we think hes a boy anyway!) I haven't seen him but hes supposed to be 8 weeks old but my sister in law thinks that he is much younger and he also has a bloated belly suggesting he has worms.  :( (he has had a poo so he's not backed up)
She needs him to go asap, said he will come with his food and toys and bits. We haven't tried local rescues yet, but the women has said she would rather him not go to a rescue  :tired:

He is in Cheleston in Derby.

I said that I would get some advice - so thats what i'm asking for really!

Oh, and the woman she bought him off will not have him back as she has 8 more to rehome (i'm assuming these may also have worms and have not been deflea'ed, and are maybe too young) She said that the others she saw were smaller than the one she has and also had runny eyes & noses so i'm pretty worried about these guys too!  :(

I don't even want to get started on the woman's other friend that she was going to ask to have him - apparantly she has about 50 cats (probably an exaggeration) but they are left to fend for themselves.....thinking of calling the RSPCA if this is true!

HELP!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 09:49:28 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat