Author Topic: Rented accomodation, Cats and Insurance  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: Rented accomodation, Cats and Insurance
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 10:32:53 AM »
Quickly skimming over it, I'm not convinced. It's so prescribed with the conditions it covers in the animal and it only covers the fabric of the building, not contents. What's the point in that when more often than not it's the sofas they go for first!

In my experience (and I have just a smidge), some landlords couldn't care less what insurances and extra deposits you give them, they just won't take pets full stop.

It's more about changing the attitudes of landlords overall. Perhaps if this insurance was a little more comprehensive on both sides it would make more of a difference but as it is, £700 isn't actually a lot to replace carpets, doors and repair any wallpaper damage. The pet insurance side just seems a bit odd.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Rented accomodation, Cats and Insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 10:17:30 AM »
Received this email this morning ..... thought it might be of interest.  I assume other insurance companies do.

It's a known fact that many UK pet owners experience difficulties finding rented accommodation that would allow their pets.

If this sounds familiar or you know other pet owners looking for rented accommodation then TenatCare could be for you ...

http://www.petpalsdirect.co.uk/tenantcare-cat.asp

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Link to CatChat