Author Topic: Hello from Bournemouth !  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Hello from Bournemouth !
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2010, 14:42:13 PM »
Oops  :-[

Monty is a lovely boy  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline nekoxchan

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2010, 14:41:29 PM »
It's a him :]

His name is Monty !

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 07:06:45 AM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Your kitten is gorgeous  :Luv2: what are you calling her?

she won't be a kitten long though remember  ;) :evillaugh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 21:30:52 PM »
Hello & welcome to purrs. Your we Tabby kitten is a cute one!

Offline nekoxchan

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 23:14:04 PM »
Hello again !

Thank you for my warm welcomes !

I had considered adopting, yes, and at one point I was down the Cats Protection League centre several times a week !
There are an awful lot of kittens there, none of which caught my eye though unfortunately... Also figured a kitten would be more fair on my 9 year old choccie labrador, who is used to living with cats as he has done in the past. He is extremely bouncy and friendly and tends to get quite excitable but apparently it's easier with a younger cat ?
Plus wouldn't want to put any stress on the cat !!

My landlord said YES by the way, I picked up my kitten this afternoon !!

I'm in LOVE !

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 21:58:45 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

If you haven't already put a deposit on the kitten you've seen/chosen have you thought about adopting a kitten from a rescue centre? There are literally thousands needing homes and it is much better to adopt from a rescue than to buy a kitten from the free-ads as the rescue kitten will be health checked, vaccinated etc and your donation goes to help the never-ending stream of cats/kittends needing homes.

There's a list of rescues in your area here - http://www.catchat.org/adoption/dorset.html  :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 21:22:51 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 19:42:17 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, nekoxchan: glad you found us and decided to join in  ;D

There'll be plenty of great advice for you from our members  :)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline nekoxchan

• Adult Cat
Hello from Bournemouth !
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 15:34:48 PM »
Greetings fellow feline friends,

My name is nekoxchan and I've just joined your forum.
I'm 21 years old and have lived in Bournemouth for my whole life, it's lovely !

I have only ever owned one cat, a dark tabby, and his name was Oliver. I adopted him from the RSPCA when I was 6 or 7 and he was about 8 years old.
He was my absolute favourite pet ever and he would follow me everywhere. Sadly like all of our loved ones he passed away when he was 12, we decided as he had breathing problems it was best to have him put to sleep (although as a selfish 10 year old this was the last thing I wanted but mum explained it was the kindest thing).

Anyway, Oliver is in a better place now, enjoying long naps and much more I imagine !!

So, the reason I have joined this forum is because after about 11 years of persuasion I have managed to talk my dad (my mum wanted one!) into allowing me to get another cat. I have decided that I would prefer to have a younger cat, than an older one.
I'm particularly interested in kittens, as I always wanted one as a child (like most children do) and it would be so lovely to have the responsibility of such a beautiful creature !

I've been scanning local papers, gumtree.com and all tesco advert boards and been to see about 7 or 8 litters, and I believe I have found the perfect little companion for me. He is a beautiful 7 week old tabby kitten, and I have yet to put a deposit on him because I've got to double check that things will be okay with a cat being here with my landlord !
I believe it will be fine though as we have a dog already.

So yes ! I'm very excited about my possible new friend !!

Wish me luck !!

Link to CatChat