Author Topic: My Smelly Cat  (Read 1642 times)

Offline mysmellycat

• Kitten
Re: My Smelly Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 16:25:08 PM »
Hi

Thanks for all the replys, there isn't really a commercial aspect to it. I just wanted to learn how to create my own buddypress website, so I thought I would do it on something I'm passionate about. I thought I would test out the google ads to see if they were worth it, as I'm not getting paid for the project. Thanks for taking the time to have a look for me and I will take all comments onboard.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 19:05:26 PM »
There are google ads on it which I assume pay the site owner a commission on hits?. As we know from another cat site that I complained about not long after purrs started, sometimes the ads will be things like 'cats for sale' via the tree site etc. I'm sure that is the very reason Tan & Chappie don't have google ads on Purrs.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline nicter

• Senior Cat
  • Nicky-Mum to Scamp Bonnie, Willum Rossi & Poppet
  • Slave to: Alfie. Poppet. Rossi. Willum Merlin
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 18:30:19 PM »
Facebook already has "catbook" for pets  :)
RIP Tigger Button Whisky Maisie, Merlin and Alfie Pawprints on my heart forever

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 13:15:32 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, MySmelly.

May I ask if there is any commercial aspect to your new website?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline mysmellycat

• Kitten
My Smelly Cat
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 09:23:21 AM »
Hi all

I was hoping you could have a look at this for me. I have just created a new website, the idea is a Facebook for your cat! So you can create a profile for your pet, upload photos, join groups and add friends. Check it out and any feedback or suggestions would be gratefully received. Thanks.

www.mysmellycat.com

Link to CatChat