Author Topic: Lost - Chessington, Surrey, Long-haired Silver Tabby Female - Now Home  (Read 8648 times)

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Thanks Sheryl.

Took Chelsea to the vet today and he gave her a thorough check over - she is defo all sore at the back - bruised or strained - probably from making her escape. So painkillers/anti-inflammatories and Zyklene now on top of Feliway.

Just waiting for the moment as people in the street are not happy. Think I will have to approach them as they certainly have not checked once to see if the cats came back or whether they are ok.  >:(

Re the dog being treated at Noel Fitzpatrick's - a chocolate lab who has a number of problems all neuro/orthapedic and from in/poor breeding. Had a number of ops and treatments including Elbow displaysia (sp) op as a puppy, nothing truly bionic yet!!  Has arthritis and hip problems but has now started to develop disc problems so has recently gone back there again. They said at the start he would not make old bones but is around about 5 now. You could not meet a more loving and gentle dog  :Luv2: :Luv2: . But if the other dog got to him or knocked him down he would not stand a chance.

So had heard about Noel before the programme - and my neighbour says "yes he is truly amazing"
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 20:23:20 PM by Edd »

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
So glad your little one is home safe and sound.

If it was me I would pay a visit to the dogs owners and tell them that if I saw the dog loose again I would report them to the Dog warden, might make them think twice about leaving the gate open.

Which bionic dog do you have near you - I watch that program every week and think that Noel is just amazing
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Thanks Dawn.

Don't know - it is shown at dog shows. Suppose could be used as a stud dog (must be about 2/3 years old).

Anyway my cats are not allowed out at the moment. Chelsea does not want to (gone back on top of the kitchen cabinets  :() and Sam has resigned himself to the fact and is asleep on the bed.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
what a horrible experience but so glad she is back - maybe the dog is used for breeding, there seem to be a glut of those types of dogs at the moment and no end to the people wanting to buy them

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
>:( you'd have thought if he was a show dog they would be a bit more careful with him and keep a close eye on him!.

Would have thought so- many neighbours have told me their worries about this dog including other dog owners and especially the owner of the dog that has been operated on by the Bionic Vet (Noel) as that dog would not stand a chance!! This was the first time the dog got near to attacking anything, so perhaps the message will have got through to the owner now.

Missed this before - glad she is back  :hug:
My vet has a jar of those 'scan me' discs. Quite a good idea, although mine don't wear collars although they only go in the garden.

Thanks Mark. Yes those 'Scan Me' discs are a good reminder (if your cat wears a collar) for the cat to be scanned if they go missing. I got mine free from the vets as well.
Mind you, the collar , tag and disc is now probably hanging from a tree somewhere - Luckily  I have other ones. :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
 >:( you'd have thought if he was a show dog they would be a bit more careful with him and keep a close eye on him!.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Missed this before - glad she is back  :hug:

My vet has a jar of those 'scan me' discs. Quite a good idea, although mine don't wear collars although they only go in the garden.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Ahhh the poor baby .... she may be a bit bruised or strained.  I would have thought if Bulldog had actually got hold of her he would have done damage. 

Was the dog on a lead or was it running free?  If it was running free the owner needs reporting.

Agree, think she is shaken up and maybe a small strain. Much better this evening.

The dog is a show dog (un-neutered) it has the look of a pure bred staff maybe -  very muscular and well built. He had escaped from the garden as they had left the garden gate open (by mistake but not the 1st time apparently)  >:(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Ahhh the poor baby .... she may be a bit bruised or strained.  I would have thought if Bulldog had actually got hold of her he would have done damage. 

Was the dog on a lead or was it running free?  If it was running free the owner needs reporting.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Thanks everyone - much appreciated.  :hug:

Last night Chelsea was very very nervous and spent the night on top of the kitchen cabinets (feels safe up high). This morning she came down for me but soon was back up there again. Poor girlie  :(

Seems to have a tender spot on of one her back legs - can't see any bites (not that I could see one under all that fur) and also it was a pedigree bull terrier dog that attacked them. Understand that if they get hold there is no letting go - so think both cats were very lucky. She may of course have strained the leg a little in making her escape - if no improvement by Monday the vets said to bring her in.

Decided to leave her in peace for a few hours today and that seems to have done the trick. She is down from the kitchen cabinets and now on the bed with my other cat Sam. Feliway all plugged in so hopefully she is now getting over her ordeal and starting to relax a bit more.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 18:43:28 PM by Edd »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Brill news  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
phew Edd so pleased Chelsea is back home safe and well  :hug:.

Will move the thread to the sorted section.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Phew! Pleased she is home and seems to be none the worse for her ordeal  :) She's an absolute stunner btw  :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Chelsea is stunning and so pleased she is home  :hug:

Such a worry when they go missing

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Thanks Bunglycat  :hug:

I was getting more than a bit worried - my reputation as a mad cat lady is now confirmed by my neighbours who got leaflets at 6 o'clock  :naughty:

But at least they now know that some irresponsible dog owners in our little close are letting their dogs run loose and hopefully the dog owner may be a bit more careful in future.

Edit to include picture:
Here is a picture of the madam that led me a merry dance today (but not really her fault to be scared away by the nasty dog) and she has had lots of  :hug: tonight:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:32:37 AM by Edd »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
So pleased, great news she is home  :hug: :hug:

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
I have just been out again and bumped into the lad over the road (who had been out for the evening) walked around the close - got back to my front door and there she was.

Bit nervy and minus her collar etc but seems ok.

So she is back - maybe jumped the gun in posting - but so out of character to be gone for so long.

I am so relieved and exhausted 13 hours she had been gone.

But she is home  :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy:
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 01:22:36 AM by Edd »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Lost - Chessington, Surrey, Long-haired Silver Tabby Female
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 00:57:25 AM »
Very sorry to hear that Chelsea is missing  :hug: Have you postered/leafleted the area for any sightings? I would imagine she will be quite frightened and may be too frightened to attempt to return home so might be hiding out somewhere. She sounds quite distinctive looking so hopefully any sightings will be of her  :hug:

Whatever you do don't give up hope...  Many years ago we had a stray who adopted us, I heard a terrible noise and went outside to find him out in the front garden being attacked by two dogs, I managed to get them off him and he ran off leaving a trail of blood down the driveway. We put posters up, checked with vets etc but no sign... until he appeared at the cat flap 10 days later fit and well.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Lost - Chessington, Surrey, Long-haired Silver Tabby Female - Now Home
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2010, 00:45:59 AM »
Chelsea a long-haired silver tabby female cat has been missing since lunchtime on 23 July.

Unfortunately Chelsea and my other cat were subject to a dog attack in the front garden. My other cat returned very shaken up after a couple of hours but Chelsea has not been seen since. This is very out of character for her as normally she is nearby and only stays out for a hour.

I am very concerned that after escaping the attack she is injured (or worse) somewhere and cannot get back home.

She is microchipped, neutered and wearing a blue safety collar with name tube and scan me disc.

Last seen in Chessington  (hook part of Chessington - off Clayton Road) at lunchtime on 23 July.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 18:41:28 PM by Edd »

Link to CatChat