Author Topic: Lost in Chorley, Lancs  (Read 9640 times)

Offline Miles

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Yitzach and Walter
Re: Lost in Chorley, Lancs
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 10:23:39 AM »
Have you seen her again? Hope you have some luck catching her and be sure to keep us updated. :hug:
Mum to two gorgeous cat's, Yitzach and Walter.

Offline JennyLynn

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Puddles (we miss you x) and Cookie
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 18:44:02 PM »
If i can catch her i will def get her scanned. My natural instinct is to protect my young and want to lock her in my house forever if i can lure her home.
Its been a real relief just to see her and know she is ok. Like i said in my previous post, she looked healthy enough, just had a different collar on! She had a habit of going into my neighbours houses for naps if i was out during the day so i know she is not likely to be living far away - i'm sure she will appear again soon.

The little monkey  :sneaky:

xxxx
St Gertrude, keep my cat all night
From trap or poison, thorn or bite,
From speeding cars and thieving men,
And bring him safely home again.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 22:38:18 PM »
I'd say get her scanned - if it is Puddles you will still have the note on collar and letting her decide for herself options open to you

you will want to at least know she is being properly looked after - that will be a real relief in itself
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline JennyLynn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 16:46:18 PM »
well, a little update for you....

the little monkey was in my garden with a mouse in her mouth - i bolted outside but i think i was a bit quick because she scarpered! I know i should have gone slowly but i was so excited to see her that i forgot myself, its been nearly three months now since she left. Strange thing was, she was wearing a different collar. I know she is a black cat and its questionable that she was def Puddles - but i know her face and her mannerisms, i'm 100% convinced it was her.
thing is i guess i kinda only have three options;
i can try getting close enough to her to put a note in her collar to try and find out where she has been living or i can attempt to catch her and get her to a vets to get her chip scanned. Of course the other option is to just let her go and hope she decides this is home again, the main thing is that she is safe and well and looking healthy. I'd love to have her home but i know i cant force her to come back, she is a free spirit bless her.
Although now Cookie is over her cat flu it would be so lovely to have them here together.

xxx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 14:30:48 PM »
It's getting the info out there isn't it because I know cats can travel different routes to humans, over fields etc, I do hope that you have some good news soon  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JennyLynn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 12:48:13 PM »
14 miles i think. she hadnt been outside for two months before we moved. She settled really well in our new house as well. She knew her way home and would very often just lie in the garden in the sun. It was very rare that she would wander far. Saying that, we do now live in a semi rural area so there would be lots of new and exciting areas to explore once she got comfortable with her surroundings.The neighbours are all looking also, i'm not sure of the logistics of putting up posters between chorley and blackburn to be honest, there are lots of different ways to go, especially on foot! If she's followed the canal she could be in liverpool or leeds by now?! i'm not sure how far is too far to search? or if there is a limit to how far you should go.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 12:34:05 PM »
Did you move far? could you put posters up in between areas?

Offline JennyLynn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 11:48:44 AM »
we've been back to our old house, no sign of her there. I'm only getting prank calls from my posters sadly. Just gotta stay positive.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 20:10:30 PM »
checked at my previous address also (we moved in april)

There is your most important clue.  Puddles, lost, will be making her way back to that home.  Go to the places in between  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline JennyLynn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 18:52:16 PM »
Thanks Christine

Def keeping positive! i put posters at the main access road to the village, all cars and most dog walkers use the road frequently, and the local pub is just across the road. checked at my previous address also (we moved in april) my neighbours walk their dog daily taking different routes and have also been looking out for her. We're doing everything we can. I spoke to the pets bureau, they were really helpful and supportive. When i get Puddles back i will def invest in one of their tags, its such a good idea.

:hug: x x x x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 21:19:12 PM »
JennyLynn, I reunited a cat - Zsa Zsa - with her family after three months missing (at this time of year).  Keep positive and keep searching  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline JennyLynn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 21:01:25 PM »
Naughty is just not the word! She has a very strange habit of sitting on the loo - i swear the first time she did it i nearly had a heart attack when i walked into the bathroom and there was something black and furry sat on the toilet! She is obsessed with the bath as well, when i lay in it she puts her paws up over the side and looks in all confused. Her other little trick is playing with pens, and pushing things under the sofa. By far her funniest habit is when she lays out on the foot stool and if anyone dares touch it she meows at them and stretches out more to take up the spare space. Or coming to the patio doors so you open them, then walking away - only about 50 times! Little madam! She is without question queen of the manor. The house is so empty without her. Its day 10 tomorrow. We've had so many rain and thunderstorms, i cant help but think she has befriended someone and is taking up residence on their sofa. In a weird way i kinda hope she has, because at least then i can think of her being safe. In a selfish way, i want her back home with me tho.
Just thinking about her and her little ways is a comfort. Little madam that she is.
Still trying to remain positive (and for everyone else 2!) x x x x

Offline barroness

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 21:59:38 PM »
I cant believe people out there, that is such an awful thing to do, poor little puddles.

She will definately be home soon, especially if your community are all on the look out and you have their support. -I was amazed at how helpful everyone who lives around here is and i live in a town centre.

Our girls sound so similar what is it with naughty little black cats?! Your not irresponsible, she could just have easily snuck out because she didnt want to be couped up.....as you say they are so inquisitive.

I hope you get her puddles home soon,  :thankyou: for your kind works of advice for snowball
x

Offline JennyLynn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 20:27:55 PM »
Thanks everyone. I have a poster, i've attached it for you to see it. The neighbours know of puddles and that she is missing, there is one street that i havent done yet, we live in a very rural area and its a very close community so i'm sure if anyone comes across her then they will let me know. I havent started looking properly in the local area as of yet because there is so much woodland, i really dont know where to begin. I also live quite close to a canal, if she has followed it she could be anywhere. There are 2 vets in the area and i have spoken to both and given detailed descriptions. She is insured so if i need to take the search on a wider scale i can claim for the expense of the leaflets/ posters. Still no word from the council, will have to call them again tomorrow.

x x x x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2010, 15:58:41 PM »
So sorry your lovely girl is missing Jennylynn do follow all those tips and I hope that you have good news very soon  :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 15:52:12 PM »
Have you been doing some postering / leafletting / door-knocking in nearby streets, JennyLynn?  Puddles might well have wondered off on an adventure and got herself lost.  That happened to a cat who turned up in my garden a few summers ago.  She had a collar but it took me a few days to catch her: the same thing might be happening to Puddles.

Offline JennyLynn

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 15:43:49 PM »
Thanks barroness, your little snowball is gorgeous! i'm sure she will be back, you really do have to stay positive. I think the more disruptive they were, the more empty the house feels, Puddles is a real little monkey too, just like snowball. Being such inquisitive creatures i'm sure they have just gotten themselves a bit lost. I know i shouldnt feel bad, to lose her once was unfortunate, but a second time i feel so irresponsible. She was such a pampered princess, we answered to her every whim, if she wanted feeding at 3am we got up to do it, she slept in our room and started being a monkey when she wanted to go outside. Part of me wishes i'd been more strict with her and not given in, but when those big yellow eyes look up at you, its real difficult to be the parent! Especially after her ordeal earlier in the year (Puddles was shot and dumped miles away from home, she had some problems with one of her legs. we kept her in until we moved in April because she didnt like being a house cat).
Thanks for the info Christine, i have contacted all the local shelters, vets and am waiting a call back from the council now. They have promised to help in whatever way they can, i had actually called the council to make that phone call none of us want to make, but no word as of yet. My neighbours are all really nice, i'm sure if she is still in the area there should be some news soon.

Thank you (everything crossed for the safe return of puddles and snowball) x x x x x  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline barroness

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 19:13:15 PM »
Hi JennyLynn,

My little Snowball is still missing at the moment (over 3wks now) and I felt the same guilt about letting her out at night when she doesnt normally go out as you must be feeling now. I really hope Puddles comes back soon, please dont be too hard on yourself.
 :catluv:

Ill keep one set of fingers crossed for snowball and one for puddles x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 17:55:40 PM »
I am sorry to hear this.  This is the advice we offer: http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,32203.0.html  Have you implemented all those actions, JennyLynn?  :hug:

Offline JennyLynn

• Adult Cat
Lost in Chorley, Lancs
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 17:37:54 PM »
It is with a heavy heart that i must tell you that my Puddles is missing, five months after our original ordeal.

We moved home in April and she began going out into the back garden again during the day, mainly because we felt she was no longer at threat from the person who cruelly injured her in February. She didnt return home again last monday (12th July 2010). She was wearing a red velvet flea collar, is a little over a year old and is all black with big yellow eyes.

I've reported the incident to pet log (she is chipped and neutered) and gone through the motions i learned so well earlier in the year. I really feel like i failed her. I only let her out again because i felt it was safe, and she cried and scratched and hated being an indoor cat. How i wish i had been more persistent and kept her in. She is such a big part of the family.

Link to CatChat